“Great summer place across from the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Sands Resort Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Penticton
Golden Sands Resort Motel
You added Golden Sands Resort Motel to your Saves list
1028 Lakeshore Drive, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 1C1, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Surrey BC
“Great summer place across from the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here last summer with my family. It has a great location across from the beach with lots of restaurants within walking distance. The staff is nice and friendly and the rooms are nice and clean. Great place for a summer get away!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here many times last summer, it is a great place across from the beach. The staff is great and the rooms are newly renovated and very clean. I look forward to staying there again this spring and summer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Langley City, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

OMG Where do I begin. Ads say heated swimming pool. Not heated unless tgey meant for the Antarctic. We were there July 2012 and it was hot and sunny, but that pool was cold and I like to swim everyday. Thought I might have a heart attack it was so cold, like ice had been added to the water.

Then the hotel provided us 3 gals in our 60s with a second floor room up the stairs. Nobody to help us with our luggage up the wooden stairs that had a coat of paint slapped on them to hide the rickety steps.

Then after a couple of nights in an ok room wwe had to go down the stairs, with luggage to another room as they had booked someone in our prebooked room to a room with a broken bed that the maid?? had not. I presume reported that the boxspring was broken and the bed was on a 45 dgree angle, that we did not know until the sheets were turned down that night. The sign on the office had said closde at 10. The broken bed was noticed just after 10. Nobody said there was a night manager, no signs in room or anywhere so I slept on a 45 degree angle with a torn tendon in my shoulder from a visit back from Penticto Hospital ER- if you can call sleeping rolling back all night sleep!

Next morning the Manager, after telling her about the broken bed and wanting a discount for the room, rudely gave each of us $5.00 off for the room times 3. Such a peach of a Manager, such a crummy hotel!

I have travelled exrensively and even in Mexico, have never had to complain about any accommodations. To go to this place in BC where I live...I was and am digusted every time I think of that place!

The rest of Penticton, people friendly, like the Chinese/ Western food buffet, the area, the Kettle Valley Steam Railway was great and a bargain for the ride, cafes were good, flower hanging baskets on the streets were beautiful, but do not stay at this Golden Sands Resort.LOL Resort/LOL LOL LOL OMG!

Lila

Room Tip: Go to another motel or hotel- young or old alike.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I've stayed here a few times and I think it's the best value in town. It has a perfect location with the beach right there and it's next door to a couple of nice restaurants/patios.

The staff is wonderful- always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that your every need is taken care of promptly. The amenities in the rooms are all in good working order- from fridge and coffee maker to full kitchen in the larger suites. The shower is better than mine at home since it turns out hot water right away. And a couple of BBQs that are in the common area beside their heated pool... all this makes for a great summer vacation spot for a weekend or more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

A little late with my review. Stayed in August, 2011. We had a one bedroom suite at the start, and after 1 night, with the 6 of us, we wanted to upgrade. I went to the manager, who said they had a two bedroom available for the rest of out stay. It was perfect. Even facing the lake. I went to do laundry, but it was being hogged by some other visitor, so the Manager offered to do our laundry for us in her private machines..couldn't believe it. She even folded ALL of it. I can't ever see myself staying anywhere else when we visit Penticton. Perfect.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the lake, but I think because of the location, they are all good.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cadboro Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Whenever I am in Penticton this is where I stay. Heidi the manager and her colleagues all do a great job of keeping a rather mature motel in good working order, it's always clean and safe. The beach is Right There! The pool too. BBQ's in the yard, close to local attractions and restaurants, yet away from the traffic and congestion of main street. Location and very good service bring me back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I spent an enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend at Golden Sands. The location is the best part with it being right across the street from the beach. The room 107 was very clean and the interior was up to date. It had a microwave and fridge as well as a full kitchen. Shower was hot and had good pressure. Locks were secure. The kitchen is well stocked with dishes and cooking utensils. Staff was friendly. Looks like there's a store built into it with beach supplies (towels, sand toys etc). I would return to the Golden Sands next time I was in Penticton.

Room Tip: I liked room 107. There's a few that are facing the road and but most are in the back away from...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Sands Resort Motel? Share your experiences!