“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites

You added Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1050 Eckhardt Avenue West, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 2C3, Canada (Formerly Ramada Courtyard Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We booked a room in july to stay for a wedding. We were upgraded to a suite, which was a very nice room. The room was clean and the only problem that we experienced is that the room doors slammed loudly, disturbing sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gordon_Ferguson, General Manager at Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your review. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us - we host so many wedding groups from March to November at the hotel - great to have so many people celebrating! Thank you for the door comment - will take a look at the hinges.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Manitoba
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there as a family of 4. Upon check in, we were happy to know we were in a tower suite. The room was decent, overlooked the golf course, had a kitchen, so we were relieved to know we could buy some groceries and eat at the hotel. To our surprise there was a sign stating that we would be charged 25 dollars extra for using the kitchen, so we decided just to use the glasses provided for coffee as cups. We placed out leftovers in the fridge, and that's it for kitchen use, and of course we were dinged the 25 dollar charged. We had checked in early afternoon so had a coffee on the deck, so I called down for a few more keurig cups for the morning only to be told it was 2 a day max, and we would have to pay 2 dollars each ( there's a Tim Hortons across the street ). We asked for an extra hour check out so we could change after tubing and were denied. The hotel is decent but to charge for coffee and kitchen use.......come on!!!! We will find somewhere else to stay next time we are there, for 280.00 dollars I'm sure we will be treated better elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2014
Gordon_Ferguson, General Manager at Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed one of our one-bedroom fireplace kitchen suites with a view of the golf course...definitely a popular family room! I do need to clarify a couple of things that were mentioned. We do have a sign in the full kitchen that refers to a $25 cleaning fee but it is meant for those that do not put all their dirty dishes back in the dishwasher on check-out day. The sign could be made clearer and for that I apologize. In all my time here, I am not aware of one guest that has ever been charged that fee even if they had dirty dishes all over. If in fact you were charged - please contact me and I will certainly refund that. Extra premium coffee does have a charge after the first 2 complimentary ones which we do feel is very standard in our industry. We do try to accommodate late check-outs whenever we can but in the summer it is much more difficult because we are fully booked every night. I would not enjoy the conversation with you when you were checking in if I had to tell you that your room won't be ready for another hour after the guarantee check-in time of 3pm. I hope you can appreciate some of my comments and I certainly appreciate your feedback and hope we can win you back on your next Penticton visit!
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Actually a pretty nice place for what you pay. Room was dated but clean (not spotlessly clean like a very nice hotel but "clean for what you pay" for clean).

We had a hell of a time finding the front desk when we arrived. It is not in the tower. Probably obvious if we had looked but we didn't so pay attention when you pull into the parking lot.

Balcony overlooking the pool area was nice. Service was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Gordon_Ferguson, General Manager at Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. Sounds like you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Saint Jerome, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel.
I had asked for a quiet room and I got one (in the tower, facing the golf club). Very warm welcome, room is clean. I would have taken a better matress, but not a big issue.
Breakfast not included, but you can have one on the site (buffet style, affordable).
It's not fancy, but it's clean, it does the job pretty well and it's affordable.
check in/out fast and efficient, with a warm smile.
I will certainly go again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Gordon_Ferguson, General Manager at Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your review. Thank you for your business over the years, and thank you for your comments! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Langley City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Ramada consists of a tower and motel accommodations. We were placed in the 2nd floor motel area. On first glance the room looked standard and comfortable. After unpacking I turned on the stand up lamp beside the reading chair and noticed a spider between the lamp and chair. We didn't use the reading chair. The toilet took forever to fill and continued to run on and on and on. My husband just fixed the problem. The window treatment by the bed was wooden blinds...which let the light in around the window edges at day break. We would have preferred black out window treatments.

Room Tip: Stay in the Tower rooms rather than the motel rooms, the rooms are nicer.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Gordon_Ferguson, General Manager at Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your review. I appreciate all your comments and will look at our general maintenance on the property as we do on an ongoing basis. I appreciate your business!
Penticton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was in Penticton for an ACBL regional tournament, my first time in the Okanagan. I don't know who rates these hotels, but this one was way above the rating on the web site I booked with. Maybe they improved their performance. The construction was first rate, no squeaking floors, no thought of any fire danger, no noise from adjoining rooms. If I return to the Okanagan, I will definitely stay here again. My only disappointment was the lack of a microwave. That would move it up a notch.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Gordon_Ferguson, General Manager at Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your review. That is exactly what the team strives for every day of the year - thank you for taking the time to write and thank you for your business!

Been to Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!