“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites

You added Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1050 Eckhardt Avenue West, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 2C3, Canada (Formerly Ramada Courtyard Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Longmont
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Super nice hotel, stayed a couple days for business. The room was nice and roomy, well kept and nice view of courtyard. The staff were friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Gordon_Ferguson, General Manager at Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are excited for spring - just around the corner...pool opening 2nd week of April! Thanks for writing, we look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

I stay in a lot of hotels throughout North America and this was the best value I found in years, clean quiet, great bedding, beautiful bathroom. I enjoyed my stay so much that I will make Penticton Ramada my new Okanagon choice from now on. Thank you. Chris wheeler Langley bc

• Stayed February 2012
Gordon_Ferguson, General Manager at Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. I truly look forward to share your comments to all the team here at the hotel this week! Thank you - we all look forward to welcoming you back!
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stay at the Ramada in Penticton frequently for business and you really can't go wrong. The rooms are very comfortable with all the amenities you need. I have only stayed in the tower rooms so I can't vouch for the others. The pub/restaurant there is a good place to eat and they will deliver food to the rooms there. Location is convenient. I have also stayed at the Days Inn and the Ramada is much nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. So glad to hear your visits with us have been positive! The rooms in the tower are very popular with many of our guests...the tower is where all of our Jacuzzi King Fireplace Suites and our One Bedroom Fireplace Kitchen Suites are located. We look forward to your return!
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Warm comfy room for the night at a good price. This hotel is a short walk away from the beach, and is a great place for family.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Gordon_Ferguson, General Manager at Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you for your review. It's nice to be central to the beaches, golf course and entertainment facilities...glad to hear you enjoyed your stay - thank you.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Very large but very good hotel. All rooms are well appointed and clean. We only stayed one night so the choice of specific rooms was not so important. There is an excellent outdoor restaurant we would recommend especially on a balmy evening - the setting is to die for.

Room Tip: If staying for an extended stay you may prefer to choose a room that overlooks the extensive gardens...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your stay was short, but delighted that you enjoyed your experience! We look forward to welcome you back!
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I stayed 3 nights over Christmas 2011 in a top-floor room in the tower (separate building overlooking the golf course). My suite was luxurious, very clean, and quiet. There was a flat-screen TV in the living room AND one in the bedroom. The gas fireplace was a nice touch, as was the full kitchen and dining-room table. Lots of room to spread out.

The bathroom was comfortable and had its own heat thermostat. There was a small balcony with a table and chairs that would be the perfect place to have morning coffee in warmer weather. I would have preferred slightly brighter lamps to read by.

The staff I encountered, from housekeeping to front desk, were unfailingly cheerful and helpful. Even when having to work Christmas Eve! I had lunch and breakfast at the Kettle Valley Station Pub; great experiences both times.

The only thing I would change is the very loud beep that the elevator makes as it passes every floor in the tower building. It's ear-splitting. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Penticton who wants to feel totally pampered.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. Glad to hear your holiday experience with us was a great one - I hope you received our annual Christmas cookies that we deliver to all our guests! Elevator noise is not something I take lightly as nobody likes that kind of noise. I believe we have now taken care of that problem. Thank you, and we look forward to your return!
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I wish I could have given this hotel a much better rating, because in many ways, it deserved it. Our room was well appointed and very clean. The front desk staff were very helpful and professional. The on-site pub (Kettle Valley Station) offers good food for good value. The entire property was very attractive and well cared for. A couple of incidents caused me to downgrade this rating.
1) We were awoken at midnight to the sound of what turned out to be an alarm clock sounding in the empty room above us. To their credit, the staff rectified the problem within 15 minutes of our call to the front desk. I was under the impression that checking the status of alarm clocks was one of the duties of the cleaning staff when making up a vacated room.

2) We decided to stay a second night and informed the front desk that morning. When we returned to our room at about 5 pm, it was obvious that the room had not been made up in our absence. When I asked about it, I was told that, since we had added a night, our room did not show up on the list of rooms that needed to be made up. This is a plausible excuse, but I really did expect better. We were given the option of having someone come in to clean the room, but declined because it would have been inconvenient for us at that time.

I can only imagine that the hotel was short of cleaning staff since they prioritized cleaners to only attend to rooms with returning guests.
I would stay at this hotel again, but will make sure I have earplugs with me!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am glad that overall your stay was enjoyable and happy to hear that you will return. You are correct, it is standard policy that housekeeping checks alarm clock - that happened to me once travelling and was bothersome! I am glad to hear we looked after it promptly. As far as your comment on the housekeeping status...not acceptable on our end - thank you for bringing that to our attention. We'll review and communicate this to the team. Thank you.

Been to Ramada Penticton Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!