“Average with some glitches...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Conference Centre Penticton

Save Saved
You added Days Inn & Conference Centre Penticton to your Saves list
Days Inn & Conference Centre Penticton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   152 Riverside Dr., Penticton, British Columbia V2A 5Y4, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 43 hotels in Penticton
vancouver
“Average with some glitches...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

I stayed for 2 nights in Feb 09, at best this hotel is OK.
The bad part:
My bathroom toilet had fecal residues..which grossed me out...
At 10pm, I was asked by front desk to tone down as my wife was giggling loudly, which I found was ridiculous...
There is $25 "incidentals fee" kinda like a damage deposit..which was unnecessary..as I had already paid for my rooms in full for the 2 nights...
Video surveillance in the Jacuzzi room..which destroyed all privacy...
Staff not very friendly..kinda in a grumpy mood always...
Breakfast..pretty shoddy...fruits were smelling...beware of the cinnamon bun..i fell sick after eating it...orange juice had more water in it than juice content...overall not good.
Heating/Cooling system in the rooms pretty weird...either makes the room too hot or too cold...
The good part:
Good mountain view from the rooms...
The room (not including the bathroom) was clean
Heated pool was nice though not very private...
Common eating room where the microwave can be used for personal cooking..
Not very noisy...calm and serene surroundings...
Free internet...

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

435 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Kelowna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

I recently stayed at Days Inn in Penticton for the night of New Years Eve. Upon arrival Bonnie and Helen were very nice at check in and took a very personal interest in my friend and I. Upon heading out for the evening my only dress I had to wear for a concert we were attending ripped. Helen took it upon herself to sew up the dress telling customers she had a lady in distress that needed her dress asap. When leaving the hotel it was noticed Helen treated all the guests at the hotel as though they were royalty. The next morning my friend and I needed assistance in getting a phone number as we had lost an item the previous night. Helen again took it upon herself to call the location and do some searching of her own for our lost items.

Helen certainly went above the call of duty and there is no doubt in my mind that she does so each and every single day.

As far as the hotel goes the rooms were clean and stocked and the pool area was as well. I would certainly return to the Days Inn in Penticton for my next stay.

Rhonda.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Kelowna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

We were in Penticton this weekend for a girl's volleyball tournament when the highway between Kelowna and Penticton was closed due to the threat of a rock slide. We had already booked at the Day's Inn based on favourable Tripadvisor reviews; however, most of the team had planned to commute back and forth from Kelowna. At 8 o'clock at night we realized that this wasn't possible so we contacted the Day's Inn and they quickly made provisions for the rest of our team.

Bonnie, the night auditor met our team upon arrival and helped us get everyone settled. In particular, she was able to work it so two of girls, with very bad colds, did not have to sleep on the floor and had their own room. All of our rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Bonnie was quick to offer extra blankets and pillows. We really felt like she was taking us 'under her wing'. In the morning, Helen was ready to take over - letting us know the road conditions and allowing us extra time in our rooms for some swimtime between the girls' games. It was so convenient to have the complimentary breakfast for the girls to fill up with in the morning ... a big moneysaver for the team. Helen also offered the use of their breakfast room for us to set up lunch for the girls. I thought it particularly telling when some of the girls encouraged the others to leave their rooms 'really clean' because they were so nice at the hotel.

The Day's Inn offers tremendous value for anyone on a budget, particularly sports teams. We paid $89 a room (off season), which divided up amongst 4 girls per room was cost efficient. The free breakfast and the pool just added to the appeal of a clean and comfortable hotel. The staff, like Bonnie and Helen, were wonderful and in our circumstance, turned a stressful situation into a fun getaway for the girls on our team. That, in turn, helped them play better than ever. THANK YOU to these lovely and very kind women!

• Liked — Very caring and helpful staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2008
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

I stayed here for 2 nights during a conference. I was dreading my stay (having experienced previous Days Inn properties) but was assured from someone who knew the area well that this property was good.

I arrived late (around 11:30 pm) and got check-in without a problem. My room was on the 2nd floor, facing the pool. This had an advantage of a balcony and an extremely quiet room. There was NO noise experienced at all during my stay even though the hotel was fully booked.

The room itself was decent. The sink was removed from the bathroom, had a separate dining table with 2 chairs, and a fridge. The beds were standard with the normal think sheeting. The A/C worked very well and was very quiet. The lampshades were a dark purple which resulted in not much light getting through. The room featured free wireless internet (where you need a code to login) and free breakfast.

The free breakfast was a in a largish room beside check-in. There weren't any hot items but they did have fruit salad, cereal, hard boiled eggs, and a huge variety of muffin, bread, and English muffins.

The service received was excellent. I also had dinner in the adjoining steak house and the food was decent.

Considering the price I paid and the location it's in, the Days Inn was surprisingly good. I gave it 4 star as it went beyond my expectations.

• Liked — Newish hotel with good service and amenities.
  • Disliked — Thin sheets on bed.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

We had originally booked at the Ramada in Penticton, but after reading the favorable reviews about the Days Inn on Tripadvisor we thought we would give them a call and see if we could get a larger room. Penticton was very booked up for hotels for our dates, but the Days Inn did have a family room with a separate bedroom for the kids with bunk beds for a cheaper price than the one room in the Ramada.
We got in very late and when we pulled the bedspread back on the murphy bed we saw that the sheets were dirty. They had blood on them. Yuck, yuck, yuck. We phoned downstairs and the night clerk came up and changed the bed. She was quite upset too. The next morning I went to the front desk and asked to speak with the manager. I explained nicely that I was quite disgusted and if I had been able to find another hotel we would have checked out immediately. I asked her to ensure that all the bedding in the room was changed that day - including the bunk beds, all sheets and blankets. I was very clear.
I had a feeling though that things were not quite great at this hotel, so I put tiny bits of tape on the edges of the sheets to see if they really got changed. Sure enough when we got back very late in the evening NONE of the sheets or blankets had been changed. Went down to see the night clerk again. It was the same lady (very nice) and she was almost in tears when I told her. I just said I will be down again the the am to speak with the manager yet again.
We went to the front desk in the am to check out and the manager apologized and removed one nights stay from our bill. I didn't bother to try to find out if it was housekeeping or management that tried to lie about changing the sheets.
The hotel itself did SEEM clean but who knows. At the free breakfast the juices all ran out, the garbages were all overflowing.
I don't think I will be staying at a Days Inn again

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Yucky, dirty sheets
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Shropshire, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

The previous review by Tommy 129 sums this hotel up perfectly, it is ok for 1 night. Our room on the ground floor was clean and comfortable but extremely dark, with poor lighting ( dark blue lampshades do not help) and we did experience a lot of noise from adjoining rooms. We also had a good meal at the adjoining Black Iron Grille, after touring the town and not finding much else open on a Monday evening.

• Liked — Convenient stopover
  • Disliked — Noisy and dark room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

From the on-line reviews I had read before arriving, we were not expecting much from this place! However, upon arrival, I was really impressed with the renovations and the upscale look of this place. It 's not a cold and ritzy place. It's better!! VERY nice front staff, very cozy, clean, bright and cheery rooms with the motel being real close to OK Lake. There has been lots to do for my boys...very clean indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub, free continental breakfast and BEST OF ALL, a very large balcony overlooking the outdoor pool and the beautifully landscaped courtyard.

I definitely recommend a stay in this motel! Well priced.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn & Conference Centre Penticton? Share your experiences!