“Great location - VERY DARK ROOM” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Rochester Resorts to your Saves list
Rochester Resorts
Rochester Resorts
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   970 Lakeshore Dr, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 1C1, Canada   |
Ranked #27 of 43 hotels in Penticton
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great location - VERY DARK ROOM”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Location is in a great spot, right near the beach on Lake Okanogan. The renovated bathroom was nice, but the room was so dark - not sure what they have against light fixtures - just a couple of lamps, which weren't really adequate.

The people who worked here were really friendly, the mattresses were comfortable and room very clean.

Bathroom could use more hooks (back of door) and towel racks.
It's likely somewhere between an average & very good rating. Not sure how the price compared to others in area because my friend found the hotel, but seemed a little pricey for a motel with no pool or anything like that.

Room Tip: no idea - was only in one.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at the Rochester overnight on our way through Penticton. The staff was very friendly. The remodeled room was perfect and more than we needed. We got a one bedroom unit with a large kitchenette/sitting area. All the rooms in our unit were very clean. The cupboards were stocked with a few dishes for anyone wanting to cook for themselves. Outside on the large deck area there are barbeques and picnic tables for guests to use. There is also a guest laundry room. The location is perfect - across from the beach, close to restaurants, and a short walk to the casino. It was very quiet, but I imagine once summer hits and families arrive to spend their vacation time in Penticton, that will change. I'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Travel a lot in Canada and in Europe and this was THE worst customer service I have ever experienced.
I simply would suggest that no-one waste their time, money or vacation at this place.
Terrible, terrible experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

What a great location! Steps from the beach. Motel was nice, clean and quiet. Right on the "strip" so you can walk everywhere. Pleasant couple run the motel, helped me to find my way around. My room was a bachelor, which suited me just fine. Other suites were larger with stoves. Mine had a fridge and few basics - toaster, kettle and the like which was enough for me. Would recommend staying here. Good value for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
vancouver, bc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Disgusting. We stayed with our dog and apparently the owners think that pet owners are all pigs. My dog's dog house is cleaner than the room they gave us! When we first got to the room we noticed the stove was filthy, and the bathroom was not very well cleaned. I asked for a cleaner room and the owner laughed his head off.. "She wants a cleaner room".. he chortled as he walked away from us... Then the fun began. The dishes were filthy, there was finger prints all over the light switches, big dirty finger prints. The drawers in the bedroom dresser needed cleaning.. BAD! And the funky little wormy thing that I found on my clothes in the drawer the next morning was not a good thing before breakfast, which despist a kitchen, we had to eat at a restaurant because the pots and pans were in worse shape than the ones we threw away after we stopped going camping. I think I got bed bug bites on my legs and we needed two towels each to dry off because they were so thin. The urine smell in the bedroom must have been made by multiple dogs and thank god my border collie is smart enough to know you do not piddle on the floor.. even if the floor smells like a dog park.

Unfortunately, I believed the online ad, and had prepaid and did not think they would give me my money back so I was forced to stay there for two nights. Lets just say we touched nothing we didn't have to, and probably left the dive in cleaner shape then when we got there! The best thing about the place? Salty's restaurant two doors down and the beach across the street. "Cleaner room.. haha.. I do not think these people know what clean means, or customer service"....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We have been going to Penticton every summer for the last 5 years. This was our first stay at the Rochester Resort, and our best. Very clean, comfortable beds and friendly owner. Will definately return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Vernon, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

Stayed for 2 weeks at a great rate! Owner helped me unload car and he carried all of my luggege to my room along with 3 boxes of heavy books ( for the business conderence I was attending). Accomodations were immaculate and cosy. With living room, bedroom, bath/shower , new TV and complete kitchen ( stove, full fridge, microwave, dishes, pots and pans, cutlery, table and chairs). Provided everything I needed! Location was superb! It's right across from the center of the beach on Sunset Strip, next to excellent restaurants, a pleasant 10 minute walk into town (and the best used book store in the Valley),and you can walk down the beach to the casino. ( which also has a great pub and restaurant patio that is lit with torches in the summer)

I have stayed at the Rochester 3 times now for location and value. This place is particularly great to stay at in the summer when it is hot and Penticton comes alive with beach-goers, canopied bicycles for two, and wonderful events such as Peach Fest , when there are outside cafes, and when they show movies against the backdrop of a night sky on the beach! Next door to this motel is also a great ice-cream place, good Mexican Food. And it's down the street from Salty's Oyster Bar. Have recommended this motel to friends who also have returned!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to Rochester Resorts? Share your experiences!