“Not much to fault” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre & Casino

Save Saved
You added Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre & Casino to your Saves list
Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   21 Lakeshore Drive West, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 7M5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Not much to fault”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed here for a week on business and couldn't seriously fault the place. One minor gripe (costing a star in my rating) that I'll get out of the way quickly is that a band was playing on a Thursday night with thumping bass until midnight. Uh, what? But it is a 'resort' hotel, with three restaurants/bars and casino, and private beach, and it has resort in the name so that should set expectations.

That said it was also the most attractive business option at the time -- close to Main St, free wifi, desk etc., so you'd think they'd keep big parties for the weekend. I called the front desk around 11:45 to ask about the noise and they sent up some earplugs, and music stopped at midnight.

So, good things. The Hooded Merganser (sounds ominous doesn't it? Like a superhero villain) is nice and has decent offerings for breakfast and dinner. Weirdly they don't have a buffet though and breakfast service was very slow so I'd pre-order before showering in the morning. Friendly staff though and good environment. Soggy microwaved fries/wedges with breakfasts weren't so impressive.

Of course it was clean and well managed as expected for the price. It's no Shangri-La but a solid 4-Star hotel. Overall a good stay and recommended.

Room Tip: Lake-view rooms can be noisy, so I moved to the western wing 'beach view' which was better.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
godpr, General Manager at Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre & Casino, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Patron,

Thank you for your detailed review and for all your considerations. We are so pleased that you found our central location covenanted situated to suit all your personal and business needs, and likewise, that were able to accommodate you so to ensure you enjoyed a pleasant and comfortable stay. It is unfortunate however that your breakfast was not to your satisfaction. We can ensure you that all our food is cooked fresh daily. We hope that should you chose to dine with us again, we would have the opportunity to provide you with a memorable breakfast, lunch or dinner at either of our three dining venues that will not disappoint. Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Beautiful. On the lake. Nice place to watch a pool tournament. Liked their casino & room package.
Breakfast at the restaurant on the lake at this resort was very nice. Would recommend it yo all my friends and will be staying there again. Worth the extra money. Friendly staff. Clean room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to issue this review and are happy to hear that your stay with us was memorable and that you were able to take advantage of one of our exclusive hotel packages. Thank you for your considerations and recommendations and we look forward to hosting you again.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed here twice in march for a period of 7 nights. The location of the hotel is pretty good right by lake Okanagen with ample parking. The in house facilities are good with 2 great restaurants which are good value for money. The food at the hooded merganser is slightly better and is open 7 nights a week as opposed to the tapas bar.

The rooms are clean and a decent size with very comfortable beds. The only downside is that sometimes the tv isnt always crystal clear. But then again the front desk were very good in rectifying the issue. All in all I enjoyed my stay here and would stay here again when i come to Penticton.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

We are grateful for your considerations and are glad to hear that you enjoyed all our resorts diverse facilities and dining venues. We would be happy to accommodate you again in the near future.
Merritt, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

What we thought would be a great hotel choice to stay at for our daughter's hockey tournament actually turned into one of the worst hotel stays I've experienced. But before I get to the negative, I will say what I enjoyed about the hotel: Our family dog was traveling with us, so it was nice that they were accommodating to that. We even got a little doggy goody bag upon check-in. The hotel was nice, clean, and right on the water with lots of walking space.

This hotel rating takes a nose-dive because of the atmosphere, bed, and customer service. The first night we were there I could hear music, but it was at a reasonably "quiet" level that I could make myself fall asleep. The next night, however, the club music (bass, bass, bass!) was blaring so loudly there was no way anyone could fall asleep through that. It started around 11 and the last time I checked my alarm clock it was 1:30. I phoned downstairs once and they said they would check on it. It seemed to quiet down a tiny bit, but then resumed its normal decibel level. To pair with that, the beds were uncomfortable and pillows way too big and puffy.

The next morning when we checked out I conveyed my dissatisfaction with the loud music and our lack of sleep. The customer service agent simply stared blankly at me and suggested I stay at the other end of the hotel next time. This made me laugh! I said there is no way I will ever stay there again!!

Room Tip: Do not choose a room near the pool area or casino/bar/wherever any noise can filter through.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
godpr, General Manager at Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre & Casino, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time in writing this response. It is incredibly unfortunate that the noise level was not at all agreeable and thus compromised your experience with us. As a resort, we pride ourselves in being family-oriented and pet-friendly, while offering many different venues and outlets for dining, entertainment and recreational purposes that cater to a range of preferences and needs. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, and hope that should you choose to stay with us again, we will be able to accommodate all of your necessities to ensure the most relaxing, quiet and enjoyable vacation.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I recently went to The Barking Parrot before a Penticton Vees Hockey Game and
had and excellent meal for $25, if you add in the nice bottle of wine for another $20. For $45 dollars we had a great view of the lake and a fantastic waitress.
Enjoy!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Hotel Patron

Your feedback is most welcome and greatly appreciated! We are so pleased that you and your wife enjoyed our Two can Dine for $25 special at The Barking Parrot, complimenting a night of Vee’s hockey, and that you found excellent value and quality for the price. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Oyama, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Myself and the people with me ordered room service. First of all they were super rude on the phone and told us they has too many orders and couldn't bring us the pizza we ordered. Eventually they showed up with said pizza even though we weren't expecting it anymore and said if we didn't pay for it they'd bill the room anyways. On top of that they had the nerve to add a $15 tip for themselves! Outraged. I didn't find that out until I was charged at checkout and had no choice to pay. When I confronted the front desk about this matter they simply said they'd "investigate" but I haven't heard anything back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hanna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We recently met our family members here to share our parents 60th wedding anniversary. The penthouse suite is wonderful and nice to entertain in. We had very good meals at the Hooded Merganser restaurant. The staff at the restaurant were wonderful with our parents and treated us exceptional.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake had a beautiful view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre & Casino? Share your experiences!