“Cute "vintage" motel. Clean & comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Valley Star Motel

and 1 more site!
You added Valley Star Motel to your Saves list
Valley Star Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3455 Skaha Lake Road, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 6G6, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Williams Lake, British Columbia, Canada
“Cute "vintage" motel. Clean & comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I booked a room in the Valley Star on the basis of its Trip Advisor reviews, and I must say that my experience was generally very positive.

The beds were quite comfortable - much more so than the much more "posh" Penticton Lakeside Resort, where I had stayed a week previously! - and I had an excellent night's sleep. Road noise was minimal and non-intrusive.

Lots of hot water & great water pressure in the shower; nice big towels.

Unit had EVERYTHING. Two Queen beds, two upholstered chairs, a desk/chair, table with three chairs by large window, full size fridge, gas stove (full size), kitchen sink, microwave, flat screen TV, and fast WiFi.

Very clean overall. Very helpful and friendly owner - was a pleasure to do business with.

Here's the downside of this Motel, because it was what stopped me from rating this place at 5 stars. It *IS* an old facility, and though it is very obviously under good care and is very well-kept, there is that "old motel" smell in the room, most noticeable on the pillows and the upholstered chairs. Could be from the cooking in the room, or just too many people passing through for too many years. Not sure how that could be rectified; it is a feature in every older hotel/motel we've ever stayed in. It's not "awful", but it is there.

Also there was no clock (except clock on microwave), and the reading light over one bed was completely & obviously broken. And the toilet paper holder was lying on the bathroom counter, perhaps in the process of being repaired? Three things very easy to fix. (Room #23.)

I would stay here again, but I would probably bring along my own pillow.

I would recommend the Valley Star to friends, but I would also mention that it is older, and that it has the expected small glitches. But great job, Valley Star owners, in your obvious loving care of all of the details. You're on the right track!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon in late May, it was absolutely fantastic. Our room was private and quiet, and the motel itself is in a great location. The kitchenette had everything we needed and we ate in most nights. The price makes it probably the best value place in the area!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
valleymotel1, Owner at Valley Star Motel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thankyou Allie.We are looking forward to welcoming you both to our property again

Kind regards

Bimla & Ravin
KIRKLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We visited Princeton for the folk music festival and wanted to see Penticton as well. I'm so glad I booked this motel for two nights. The huge king size bed was sooo comfortable and the location was quiet--no road noise. There was a night stand for my CPAP machine and the owner helped me find the outlet to plug it in. The air conditioning was great--it even had a remote control so I didn't even have to get out of bed to turn it on and off!
The room had a very quiet fridge and a small microwave but wasn't well set up for meals because the only sink was the dinky one in the bathroom. Probably our only complaint was with the size of the bathroom: it was so small there was no counter for toiletries, the toilet paper roll kept coming off the holder and falling into the waste basket and the sink was too small for me to fill up my water bottle. But it was sparkling clean, the shower was hot, and the low flush toilet worked fine.
We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. When I booked several months ago there wasn't any availability on the internet. The owner told me over the phone that she books rooms herself during the busy summer months. When we arrived they had a vacancy sign up so call when you plan your trip and see what rooms they still have available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Valley Star is a gem of a motel with a great location just a short walk from Skaha Lake. The whole property is beautifully maintained and the owners are very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are nicely decorated with good quality linens and well-equipped kitchens. The prices are great. The saltwater pool was lovely and warm and their lit gazebo and tables in the courtyard are a great place to enjoy the warm Okanagan evenings.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Valley star motel is clean and very comfortable! There rooms are updated, clean, and well equipped with everything you need! The owners are very nice and try to help you the best they can! It's also minutes away from the beach! We would highly recommend this motel if you want to stay in penticton!

• Stayed August 2013
valleymotel1, Owner at Valley Star Motel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
A Big Thankyou to Soriento family.Ravin and I are very appreciative of the positive comments from you.Hopefully we will see again sometime in the future.
Thankyou

Bimla
Chetwynd, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This review is late, but I thought I would share anyway! I have stayed at the Valley Star Motel twice now with our family for hockey trips. Both times were fantastic. The owners are so friendly and very welcoming upon arrival! The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I would recommend the Valley Star to anyone travelling to Penticton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
valleymotel1, Owner at Valley Star Motel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thankyou, Tab for writing such a great review.Ravin and I really appreciate your comments.We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future.

Regards

Bimla
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at this motel largely because of the reviews of trip advisor: clean, comfortable, friendly.

We had a big king size bed and a single and pull out sofa for the kids, all were comfortable and clean. Kitchenette was a good size and had the appropriate amenities however the free coffee was not great. Bathrooms were clean and the water pressure was fine. Air conditioning worked great and was a must! The room had a little porch out front which work great for late evening card playing or sitting and talking. The outdoor pool was clean and help take off the edge of the heat. BBQ and courtyard were nice. Location was great, within walking distance of Skaha Lake and a short drive to Okanangan Lake. Staff was friendly and the rate was reasonable - we will return again next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Valley Star Motel? Share your experiences!