“Great time in Penticton” 4 of 5 stars

Swiss Sunset Inn
2604 Skaha Lake Road, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 6G1, Canada   |
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“Great time in Penticton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was in Penticton over the last long weekend. The weather was great & Swiss sunset inn & it's owner made our stay even better. Nice clean rooms, restaurants & Tim Horton's nearby(got to visit timmy every morning). The best part was the BBQ facility which our whole family enjoyed in the evening. Overall this motel was a good experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Last week on long weekend(Victoria day) we visited Penticton. We checked into the Swiss sun set Inn at Skaha lake. It proved to be the right choice. Our room was spacious,clean, & quiet with very comfortable beds. The washroom was bright and clean and the bathtub had an awesome shower head. Various size soft towels were hanging there. Our room had a mini fridge to cool our cokes & juices. There was enough room for car parking in front of room, which means we were able to easy access if anything need from our Caravan.
Had almost no complaints about the motel, It was beautiful, well maintained and friendly atmosphere...overall an amazing trip place

Room Tip: Stay to enjoys the great hospitality at Swiss Sunset inn
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Milton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Had a great stay in this motel, it was clean, good service and great price! It is walking distance to Skaha Lake and not far from Okanagan so a great location. I would stay here again when I visit Penticton again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I had a pleasant experience at the Swiss Sunset during our 4 day stay at this motel in Penticton during my cousin's wedding. It was clean, neat and had all the amenities you would expect. The service was good, we were helped at the desk anytime we asked. This is a great value-for-your-money place, close to everything you need. Thanks to Peter and the staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We had heard a lot about Okanagan Lake & Penticton. Last summer we decided to visit there from Calgary.Few friends of mine suggested me to book room at Swiss Sunset Inn. They are regular satisfied customers of Swiss Sunset. As a choosey person I do not believe other words & experiences.
I had reserved ahead of time. Check in was quick. Smiling Peter was friendly & helpful. He guided us about city. The motel room was well furnished, beds were neat and clean. It did have a small fridge which was nice to chill some beverages. It was also located near restaurants and bars within walking distance if needed. At night kids enjoyed their favorite cartoons on TV & I did my office work on laptop as speedy wireless internet was available. Overall this motel was of good value and with all the amenities we needed to make a stress free holiday. We’ll be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
queens village
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

This was my first time ever visiting Penticton for the Canada's Ironman festivities and i had a real fun time. Being from nyc, we don't have views like these. In regards to the hotel, it was very clean, pleasant, and accommodating. Peter was very nice to my wife and kids. The pool was very pleasant and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Overall, I will stay again. Thanks Peter.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We, also stayed here for the Ironman Canada this year (2011). My brother and husband participated in the event- and we rented out 2 motels- for the weekend (well longer- because of their min. night stay).

Not only was the service very poor- and rude- but the actual facility was dirty- and insufficient. The internet didn't work the entire 4 days we were there.. which was a bummer because we were relying on the ironman live page to track the racers and be at the check points at the appropriate times (which we missed). The hotel carpet was filthy dirty - stains all over- which we could see even though the carpets were dark grey. Peter was a nightmare- questioning everything I asked when I came to the front desk- and trying to charge us extra for "additional guests" - which we did not have. He also charged our credit card more than the agreed amount.

There are several other motels/hotels to stay at- even for ironman canada. I would highly suggest you find another place to stay. Peter and the Swiss Sunset Inn were a nightmare- and I rarely give negative reviews..

Room Tip: There is no good room. Peter will lie to you and tell you that you have "the best room in the...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Jessiepenticton, Owner at Swiss Sunset Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
These guests rented two rooms and asked me if I could accommodate them with their rooms side-by-side, which I did. The only thing which I told them was that if they had extra guests, its a $10 extra charge per night and I was told they might have somebody on Saturday night, which they did because there was an extra car parked in front of their room. I did not even bother asking them if they had any extra people or not because they never called me since they were told to let us know. All of our 25 rooms were full for 5 nights, during the Ironman and we had a few repeat guests. The service cannot be poor because the ladies came to the office 3-4 different times to get scotch tape, etc. and I provided them every time. They asked me to get their picture with the camera because they didn't have anybody to get the picture and I did. How come the motel would not have extra towels? We have been in business for the last 8 years and we have lots of repeat guests and even the new guests who come stay with us, they go home and send us thank-you cards for the service and the accommodation. I just don't understand why they would give a small business a bad name by giving these kind of negative comments since small businesses are the back-bone of our economy. We are in the hospitality industry; there is no way anyone can be rude to their guests. We try our best to please everybody.

Been to Swiss Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!