“Great place, great location, friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Slumber Lodge Motel
274 Lakeshore Drive, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 1B8, Canada   |
Ranked #33 of 43 hotels in Penticton
vancouver
“Great place, great location, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here over the car show weekend. The hotel was much nicer than I thought. Staff were friendly too which was nice. Location can't be beat. Right beside lakeside resort and other bars/restaurants and it's waterfront. Like right on the water. My only complaint would be about the bed linens. Why oh why do hotels in this day and age still use quilts and blankets instead of triple sheeting!?!? my sleep was a little uncomfortable for this reason alone. It just feels dirty to me because those quilts are not washed every day. There's no way they are. at least with triple sheeting, it's easier to clean and more sanitary. Would have been nice to have a larger mirror in the room as well. Anyway for $116 in summer, you can't really complain. I will still recommend to friends and will return absolutely. I'm a little shocked this hotel is not rated higher on trip advisor. I've stayed a few motels/hotels there now, and this one is in the top for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I just cannot say enough good things about this place. Best bang for your buck. Hands down closest to the beach. Staff was excellent. Rooms are so affordable and clean. Stay here if you are looking to be treated well and comfortable .

• Stayed April 2014
squamish
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

After a horrible stay at a previous hotel for Twice as much this place was blessing. The room was average and perfect for the rate. $50 winter rate was spot on. I have paid twice as much for exactly the same. The staff were awesome. Some guys next door to us were playing loud music at an early time but I didnt want it to be a problem later so voiced my co concern to the staff and they immediately moved us to another room far from them. Again the price awesome! Not sure of their summet rates.

• Stayed March 2014
Fernanda L, Manager at Slumber Lodge Motel, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

In the winter months we often offer some amazing special rates, this year we had a Blizzard Special!! I am glad to hear you took advantage of this special pricing.

I will pass along your comments about the staff. I am happy to hear that they took immediate action and made you comfortable.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again.
Penticton B.C. Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We booked this room for out of town guest coming for a family reunion....The only thing good about it is the location.(next to the condo we live in) Seriously, it is run down, it is in need of a major overhaul and updating....The next time I have to find accommodation in Penticton for guests, perhaps I will look at the other end of the strip, or book a nice CLEAN QUIET B&B!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
I am very sorry to hear that your guests did not enjoy their stay with us. Due to privacy reasons I do not know what room they were in. If you could contact me directly, I would appreciate hearing from you about the particular details of what was not to their satisfaction.

I hope we can correct these issues and welcome your business back in the future.
Chilliwack
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I guess we just lucked out because all the main hotels were full, and ended up checking out this one. We got a great room, that appeared to have been renovated, as this is a dated motel for sure. The service at the main desk, both when we checked in and when we checked out was great, and much appreciated. For proximity to beach, downtown, and for the price, I was quite impressed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very happy to hear that you were impressed with your service. We are constantly making improvements and renovating our rooms, usually through the winter months when it is a little slower.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Ballina, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

In August 2013 my overseas visitors stayed for 4 days in this motel. It's location was very convenient, so I reserved it several months ahead.
The room was supposed to be an "updated " room.which I had requested.The credit card was immediately processed on their arrival and they paid $662.60. which was a "Seniors rate"!!! They were jetlagged and exhausted. A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE awaited them!!!
The bedspreads were dingy and old, the toilet seat did not fit and was unstable, there was no way to prevent the floor being saturated when they used the shower, and there was a hole in the bathroom wall. The fridge rattled noisily all night.They were devastated to find HAIR in the beds when they retired!
All night other guests thumped up and down the stairs and along the 2nd floor balcony, and at 6am people sat outside their door and smoked , coughed and talked! They asked if they could get another room on the 2nd floor, but were told that the motel was fully booked
There was no doubt that it made a terrible impression..I was devastated and so ashamed.
This was utterly disgraceful!

Room Tip: Inspect it thoroughly first......don't pay beforehand.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I Was up in Penticton with my family for a couple of nights at this motel in August. Well, never again will we subject ourselves to this place. We got the 2 dbl beds and queen pull out. If you don't mind the feel of springs on your back and sleeping on an incline then this might be your cup of tea. There is A/C only in the living room but none in the bedroom which makes for a restless stuffy night. The bathroom was clean but needed an overhaul. I suggest management spend some money on this place and not steal from guests. It's very close to the beach but I wouldn't care if I could step onto the beach from my front door, no way again. The only bright spot was some of the staff were friendly and helpful, at least to us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Slumber Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!