“Great view, on the lake, great service” 4 of 5 stars

Slumber Lodge Motel
274 Lakeshore Drive, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 1B8, Canada   |
Ranked #28 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Edmonton, Canada
“Great view, on the lake, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great service at front desk, from both staff members we seen. Rooms were exceptionally clean, and could smell the cleanliness. We had a 2 bed suite on the second level with a great view of the lake, and was reasonably priced, and definitely appreciated them allowing us to pay with a cash deposit instead of a credit card. We will definitely be back soon and hope to check out all the amenities around that we didn't have time for.

Room Tip: Try for a second floor suite, they have great views. Also, there is minimal parking, so they have an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fernanda L, Manager at Slumber Lodge Motel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am always happy to hear good things about our staff members. Our cleaning staff does a wonderful job and really pride themselves on the cleanliness of the rooms.

We have found that more and more people are going back to paying cash or debit and we like to accommodate our guests as much as possible. Taking a cash deposit helps us insure that the rooms are left in good condition for our next guests.

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

It was exactly the oasis I needed during a very busy weekend Music Festival ! Without the clean room, friendly staff, and excellent location my job would have been next to impossible. Thanks to all ! With the pool and spa not open for the season I can't say much except they look great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so glad to hear that we helped make your time hear more relaxing!! The pool is now open for the season; it will remain open until the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend in October. We hope you will come back and give it a try.
Whistler, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Room was a spacious, good location, seemed clean. Very noisy, did not sleep, 3 intoxicated people outside our room drunk and fighting all night, threatening to strangle eachother, very frightening. Tried and tried calling front desk for assistance but no one answered all night but the info inside the room said that the desk was staffed 24/7 and to call if there were any problems. Complained about it the next morning upon check out and was treated very poorly. Manager was unwilling to give us a discount due to all of our problems and was very hostile towards us. Hotel was not so bad, but noisy location and unprofessionally run.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fernanda L, Manager at Slumber Lodge Motel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am glad you found the room to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on having very clean rooms. However I was very concerned to hear your comment about the night manager. This is unacceptable and does not reflect our standards. I will make sure we go through some re-training.

Hopefully we can win your business back!
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We've stayed at Slumberlodge a few times in the past, but this time it seems to have been updated, so it is more satisfactory than before. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the location is great - right across from the beach and park and an easy walk to main street shopping. Another very good feature is that the motel is in a location separate from all the other side-by-side motels in the motel strip farther up the lakeshore drive, so it's quieter and there are less noisy party types in the area. Great for families looking for a lower cost nice place to stay.

Room Tip: rooms on the second floor are quieter and have a better view toward the lake.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think and for the great comments.

I am happy to hear that you see an improvement in the property as we are constantly striving to improve.

We look forward to seeing you again!!
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family stayed at the slumber lodge for 2 nites and I was happy that we could bring 2 of our dogs with us. Not knowing the area, I was happy to know that the lake was right across the street from the motel. "Maureen" the front desk clerk had called us in our room to let us know exactly where the dog beach/park was that we could bring the dogs to enjoy a swim. She was also very helpful with restaurants in the area all within walking distance from the motel. The motel is an older building but very clean inside. The bathrooms looked renovated and were clean. The rooms come with a microwave and bar fridge and airconditioning. The pool was warm and the kids had a great time swimming in it. I like that there were also a few barbecues located outside the rooms for the guests to enjoy at no charge. There are also 2 chairs outside every room and a small round table. Very clean, presentable motel to stay at. We will be back again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I appreciate your comments.

I am happy to hear that you found Maureen to be so helpful, I will make sure to pass along your kind comments to her!!.

It sounds like you staying in one of our newly renovated rooms. We are constantly working to upgrade the property, inside and out. I am glad your kids had fun in the pool and you could enjoy the BBQ’s.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights. The room was very clean and obviously was recently updated. New appliances in the kitchenette; new floor tiles in the bathroom and kitchen. For the 4 of us there were plenty of towels, pillows, etc.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. We have stayed in other motels on Lakeshore Drive in the past and found them quite antiquated - you basically put up with them for the location. This one made our stay much more pleasant.
My one comment would be that I wish the indoor pool was actually heated. It was too cool for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fernanda L, Manager at Slumber Lodge Motel, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

It sounds like you were in one of our newly updated rooms. The kitchen suites are great for families, or just for having a little extra space!!

The staff will love to hear that you found them to be friendly and helpful, I will be sure to pass that on to them.

I am sorry that you found the pool to be cool, I will look into that.

I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!! We look forward to welcoming you back!!
Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We just got back from Pentitction. The motel that we were suppose to stay at over booked. We were very lucky that they had a room for us considering it was a long weekend. Everything about the motel was better than the one we were going to stay at. Location is right across the beach. $10 cab ride from the canal. Restaurants all around. Close to the bar and Casino. Rooms were clean and the price was right! (Rooms a little outdated)The staff were super helpful on where to eat and getting us extra towels. I loved the fact that they had BBQ's available! Overall a great stay and I will be staying there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Its’ great that you were able to take advantage of our proximity to many of the local attractions, and the motels facilities.

I am delighted that you found the staff helpful and that they were able to direct you to what you needed. I will be sure to let them know.

Again thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Slumber Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!