“Very nice rooms.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Hotel Penticton

You added Sandman Hotel Penticton to your Saves list
Sandman Hotel Penticton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   939 Burnaby Avenue West, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 1G7, Canada   |
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Saskatoon, Canada
“Very nice rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Very updated room, nice shower, two bath robes provided, well furnished, very modern corner room with big windows the entire length of 2 walls, good value, ask for diner coupons @ front check-in, friendly welcome, was able to park motorcycle at entrance under protection from elements and security. Highly recommend this Hotel. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our updated rooms and friendly front desk team. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Abbotsford, B C, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Check-in and out very good. Friendly staff. Good nights sleep, king bed good, hotel quiet for weekend but most guests were there for granfondo cycling event and needed their sleep! Terrible elevator access with only one tiny elevator. Stairways narrow and dark, carpet needs replacing. Room in pretty good order, carpet good, clean, good working desk and chair, air-conditioner worked, nice to have corner unit for extra window light. Bathroom vanity non-existent. Bathroom needs updating but worked ok. Hi Fi good for laptop but wouldn't work for iPad. Frustrating! Room clean and spacious enough to accommodate bikes and gear. Would stay again. Not fancy, but met our needs.

Room Tip: Room 344, corner unit good even though located by stairways exit. Good view of parking lot for car s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and had a good nights sleep. We are always updating and renovating our product to better suits our guests needs. We value your feedback and constructive comments and look forward seeing you in the near future.
edmonton ab
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

not the newest but better then a lot in pentiction, desk clerk was there to help when it was needed
the rooms were clean and well kept every thing was in working condition, better than a lot of the motels in pentiction and a lot cheaper than most a lot of the motels are dives and not worth staying at, will stay there again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive to maintain a quality standard of offering our guests a good room at a good price and it sounds like we hit our mark. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Surrey, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed one nite at the sandman in penticton.. the room was tiny, had a horrible odor, the hotel was noisy inside the hallways at nite (after midnite) whether it be doors slamming or people walking up and down the hallways.. as well as people in other rooms who want to party with thier windows open till 6am.. no mini fridge in the room, very little channels on the tv, and although it was nice to see *security* walking through the hotel, i think thier attire needs to be addressed... not professional what so ever... i would not stay at this hotel again..i guess for the price though the young kids can afford this hotel and get away with no respect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear we fell short in your expectations. We certainly value your feedback and constructive comments. We hope to see you again in the near future
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Keeping in mind that this is not a fancy property, 3 stars and no more. Knowing what to expect from a hotel before booking it will always result in a more pleasant experience for you!

Given this, I was happy with the Sandman Penticton while visiting this past May Long weekend with my two teenage girls and our dogs. They have a good number of pet-friendly rooms on the main level and do not charge any additional fee for having them, which is really nice. Same rules as all pet-friendly hotels, of course, do not leave your pets unattended in the room, you're responsible for cleaning up any messes, and keep them quiet. Our room was clean and tidy, the carpet a bit dated but I always expect this in pet-friendly rooms for obvious and practical reasons on the hotel's part.

There are a variety of rooms available, including some nice inner rooms facing into the pool atrium. Those which are not for guests with pets that I saw have updated carpets as well.

The pool is clean, a decent size, has a separate hot-tub and my girls really enjoyed it. The atrium in general is a nice place to relax.

Location-wise it is excellent, close to Okanagan beach, the channel, restaurants, shopping, golf course, highway, etc. Plenty of parking, we never had any trouble finding a spot relatively near the doors.

They could have used a few more agents at the front desk, but those whom we dealt with - Taylin and Irene - were quick, efficient and very friendly.

In terms of pure "bang for your buck", the Sandman Penticton is great all-around value.

Room Tip: For quiet, choose an upper floor as the sound does carry if you have heavy-footed upstairs neighbour...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased we were able to meet your needs with our pet friendly rooms and great location. It is always a pleasure to hear that you found great all around value in your stay and the amenities we offer to our valued guests. I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our Front Desk team that you dealt with and we all look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Lillooet, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I booked this hotel for the proximity to the Penticton Trade & Convention Centre to attend Quilt BC 2013 and stayed two nights. I could easily have walked there and saw many who did. As a bonus, it was the most economical of the hotels offering deals for Quilt BC attendees. Initially I was disappointed about the location of my room, across from the ice and vending machines. The hotel was fully booked as was the rest of Penticton as it was a long weekend. The vending machines themselves were no problem, however, the people using them were very noisy! I don't know why they don't remember that they are right outside another person's room! The first night I could not connect to the wireless network, or when I could, not for long. Very frustrating, but the front desk clerk offered to help me. I'm not sure I can remember her name--was it Tara? When I said I didn't want to come out of my room as I had changed for the night, she came to my room and got me connected. No waiting. Unfortunately, the connection was still terrible. Disappointing as I only stay where there is WiFi.

There was no time for me to use the pool but the adjacent Denny's restaurant was very convenient. While some may think it's "only" a Denny's, in my experience, Denny's restaurants have some of the most proficient and friendly wait staff. This location was no exception. The food was well prepared and served promptly. I saw this for myself when it was very busy one morning, and I asked to sit at the counter facing the kitchen instead of waiting for a table.

It was a long weekend so I expected long waits which never materialized. I know that there were two weddings, one of them had 1,000 guests; I think there were also sports teams there too. I suspect that the rooms near the pool could have been busier and noisier but I was at the side of the hotel facing the road between the front and back parking lots--no view to speak of but it was QUIET.

When I needed help with bulky purchases, Kevin came to my aid. No waiting. When I told him about the vending machines and internet, he offered to change my room. I was only staying one more night and I hadn't been disturbed the previous night, and I was very tired, so I declined. He unloaded my packages, left and returned with a booster for my internet. THEN HE REFUSED A TIP. I have never heard of or seen such a thing! Service at the hotel was wonderful in every area. Marion and Brenda saw to my room needs perfectly; when I asked for extras, they got it exactly right. I cannot say enough about Kevin's attentive, prompt and polite service. Honestly, that is the sort of service that would keep me coming back and to highly recommend the Sandman Penticton!

I hope that Graeme Jenkins knows what a treasure he has in Kevin! He made a great weekend even more memorable!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority at the Sandman Penticton and it sounds like we have achieved our goal. I will certainly pass on your positive comments with praise to all the staff you mentioned, especially Kevin. I want to thank you for taking the time to write this review, indeed there is no better way for us to continually improve our guest's experiences than through direct feedback. From all of us at the Sandman Penticton we sincerely thank you and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel room was mediocre- it is an older hotel, but it did the trick. I was staying by myself with my 9 month old son and the hotel was so under staffed, no one was able to help me carry our bags to and from the room. The hotel had multiple sports teams staying the weekend and it made for a very loud experience late into the evenings (12 am). I complained to the front desk and was yet again told they were unable to help due to being short staffed. Upon checking out, I was told the manager would follow up with me; however, that has yet to happen. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone-the service is what I would expect at a motel and it was not worth the price!

• Stayed May 2013
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am glad we had the opportunity to speak first hand. I want to thank you for the positive comments you expressed during our conversation and that we had the opportunity to clarify that you were assisted with your bags upon check-out. We value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the near future, ensuring your expectations are exceeded.

Been to Sandman Hotel Penticton? Share your experiences!