“Loud room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Hotel Penticton

Save Saved
You added Sandman Hotel Penticton to your Saves list
Sandman Hotel Penticton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   939 Burnaby Avenue West, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 1G7, Canada   |
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Penticton, Canada
“Loud room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a queen room with a kitchen. It was modern and comfortable. The wifi worked well and the room had a fridge and coffee maker, microwave etc. The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. The staff were friendly and the location is close to the beach and has a Dennys restaurant attached. The only problem that we had was that our room was nest to the stairwell and was extremely loud. We had a rugby team in the rooms around us and from 6 am to 8 am , it was constant door slamming.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff, great location and modern, comfortable Kitchen Suites. I am sorry to hear that the Rugby team we had in house disturbed your stay. We do our very best to accommodate all guests and their varying needs, unfortunately sometimes due to the wide range of our guests schedules other guests are disturbed. I want to thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experiences and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I are seniors (in our seventies). We prepaid a room with twin queen sized beds, necessary due to medical problems. However, when we arrived (after having confirmed before our arrival) we were told that all twin bed rooms were occupied and we would have to take a one bed room. I had to sleep ON THE FLOOR.
I'll never go to a Sandman again.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of your experience during your stay in April 2012. When booking a reservation and securing with a Credit Card your room is guaranteed upon arrival. I would like to address this first hand and would kindly ask you to contact me directly through the hotel so I can investigate further. Once again thank you for your comments, we hope to see you again soon and ensure this time your expectations are exceeded.
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the Eric Church concert. The staff was very nice at check in and check out. Cudos the woman who worked night audit I am sure her job wasnt easy that night. The lobby of the hotel is very nice, modern and updated. The guestrooms however were so small and so old. The room was clean other then the coffee pot. Our room was right across from the ice machine so we could hear falling ice all night long. If the hotel decides to do renovations any time soon, I would suggest new windows with the thicker glass which blocks out sound. From about 5:30 am - 9:00 am every 15 minurtes or so we could hear big trucks start up, which were parked right outside our window. Not exactly a great way to wake up. I would stay at this hotel again if I was in Penticton for a concert due to the location, but only if I was paying less then $90.00 a night because anything more isnt worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service from our Front Desk team and great location directly across from the PTCC & SOEC. I am sorry to hear that we fell short in your room expectations. We are always in the process of updating and maintaining our Hotel to better suit our guests needs and I will certainly address your suggestions/comments with our management team. We truly value your feedback, again thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had a great experience while I was staying here. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I have stayed in many hotels and this one definitely was one of the better ones. Thumbs up all around.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you found our staff incredibly helpful and friendly as guest satisfaction is a top priority for us at the Sandman Hotel Penticton. It is always rewarding to hear that we are delivering our message. We truly value your feedback and love it when our guests give us a thumbs up all around. See you again soon!
Kamloops, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

It might be nice to see so many happy families enjoying the pool, but the noise can get to be too much. The room is fine for two people but then why not give you a bed and a hide a bed? The heater was difficult to manage and ask if they have young teams or sports events staying as you will wait forever for food.

Room Tip: It might be nice to see so many happy families enjoying the pool, but the noise can get to not sure...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. Our Atrium Pool is certainly a favourite amongst the many happy families that stay with us at the Sandman Hotel Penticton. I am however sorry to hear that we fell short on your expectations. We do offer a wide range of guest rooms available including rooms with hide a beds in efforts to meet all our guests needs. I have addressed your comments with our management team and we certainly value your feedback. I hope to see you again soon, ensuring next time you leave us feeling that you had a great stay getting the most from your get away dollars.
Custer, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here with my 11 day old daughter to watch my husband race the Ironman. Great location for the race but wow...they sure gouge you on the price! $250 a night for a tiny room. My view was of the indoor pool. They ran out of cribs so I had to make a bed for my newborn to sleep on. The entrance was very modern and up to date but the hotel itself was extremely run down. Staff was friendly at least.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you found our location great and our staff friendly, this is a top proirity for us at the Sandman Hotel Penticton. I am however sorry to hear that we fell short in other areas of your stay. We do offer a wide range of guests rooms along with cribs and cots as an additional ammenity and always do our absolute best to accommodate everyone. They are based on availability and I am sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your needs. I have addressed your comments with our management team and we certainly value your feedback. Again, thank you for your comments.
Lynden, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Good location for the ironman. However they gouge you on the price due to the race. Staff was very kind except the night manager(wow was she rude). Great location for the race, but stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our great location during your stay at the Sandman Hotel Penticton last August. It is our mission and focus to deliver outstanding customer service to all our valued guests each and every day and I am sorry to hear that not all of our staff succeeded in that mission. We hope to see you again soon and look forward to delivering the experience you deserved during your last visit.

Been to Sandman Hotel Penticton? Share your experiences!