“Excellent Service, Great Amenities!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Hotel Penticton

You added Sandman Hotel Penticton to your Saves list
Sandman Hotel Penticton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   939 Burnaby Avenue West, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 1G7, Canada   |
Ranked #22 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Kamloops, BC
“Excellent Service, Great Amenities!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Sandman Hotel Penticton. The staff were extremely professional, friendly, and helpful.

The location was great - it's not right on the lake but it is a short walk to the beach, a small park, and the local mini-golf course. I went for a run by the lake and it was VERY windy, so the location of the hotel a few blocks from the lake was definitely more sheltered, I didn't hear the wind at all in my room. I also didn't hear any noise from the parking lot that my room overlooked and had a great uninterrupted sleep.

I had a corner room, which had a ton of windows. I absolutely loved that I could open all the blinds and have some fantastic natural light! As a business traveller, the room was perfect with a comfy bed, small fridge, desk area for work and a comfortable cushy chair for reading and relaxing. They also have Pharmacopia branded shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap in the bathroom. I purchase this brand to use at home, and as a business traveller who spends 30% of my time in hotel rooms, I so appreciate having nice products and not the cheap crap that is normally provided in hotels. The one detractor to the room was that it's not possible to open the windows, however this was just a small inconvenience and the room was a comfortable temperature so not a necessity.

I didn't get a chance to use the pool, but I did peek in and abosolutely loved the ambiance of the area around the pool. Lots of plants, and at night it was very low lighting - such a relaxing environment to go for a swim and relax in the hot tub after a long day.

I had a great stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All of us at Sandman work very hard in providing a relaxed and inviting atmosphere for all of our guests. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and that our amenities were to your liking. Should you wish to discuss anything further please contact the hotel at your leisure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kelowna
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The 4 or 5 bites on my arms and legs are enough to negate any other comments to the positive. I wish I would have read the reviews before staying but I was in a hurry for the Mellencamp concert. If there were no bugs, the place should go for $89 bucks as that's about the value of it.Stay out of room 256!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
In response to your comments, Sandman has an active pest control program utilizing trained employees and a reputable pest control company that personally checks guest rooms and other areas of the hotel on a routine basis. Sandman also uses protection covers, kits and other resources certified by entomologists in our guest rooms for added reassurance. As the hotel was not notified during your stay or at check out of the concerns it is hard to speculate the exact cause of the bites. However, having the exterior window open in your room would attract unwanted pests such as mosquitoes. Sandman Penticton always takes these concerns seriously and as a precaution our professional pest control company was called in to completely inspect the room and surrounding rooms. On inspection of the rooms the pest control company found no evidence.
Prince George bc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Very short for towels, only 1(one) of each size.
Not every room has a simple fridge or cooler
Rooms are very stuffy not very fresh!
Rooms are very small
Unless your room is pool side it is a long........way to the pool
The pool it self is very small..only 3 feet deep very dark at night
The hot tub switch is a guessing game as to were it is, not marked very well
Do not get a corner room, as early moring deliveries ar very loud!!!
Last but not least ......................They do not offer a "Senior' Rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Room Tip: check around for a better room one that offers and will cater and accomodate the CUSTOMER with no...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SANDMANPENTICTON, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments and staying with Sandman Penticton. I did want to respond to a few of your concerns and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss further with you at your leisure.
Sandman Penticton in a room with one bed (for example) will supply 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels and face cloths; we will always deliver more towels on request. In fact we are always available 24 hours a day for guest requests or concerns. Our pool is located in the center of the hotel on the ground floor and has four entrances for guests to use to enjoy our pool. I apologize that you were unable to locate the whirlpool on/off switch, we do have 4 directional signs in place but it seems that we may have to add additional or relocate the existing signage. You mentioned that Sandman Penticton doesn’t offer a senior rate, however, we have a senior’s rate for those 55 plus that we gladly offer. Along with promotional rates that can sometimes be cheaper then seniors rate. Again, thank you for your comments and it was our pleasure having you as our guest.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was here by myself with a large tour group.....still, I had a great nites sleep, clean room, and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool sides of the motel!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Fairly comfortable room. I was right by the stairwell (2nd floor)so quite noisy from people coming and going. Had a room facing the indoor pool which added to noise factor so next I will ask for one to the outside. Bathroom plumbing leaked and the tub fixtures were a bit hard to figure out. Other than that a good place to stay although a little far from downtown area. Right next to the convention center was nice as i was attending a conference. Staff was helpful and friendly. Room was clean and normal for a sandman. Pool was clean. Denny's onsite.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
SANDMANPENTICTON, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Sandman Penticton. Your comments are valued and appreciated. Although we try not to rent out rooms in high traffic areas (stairwells, elevators, vending areas) sometimes we have no choice due to availablity.

Your suggestion of asking for an exterior facing room would reduce the amount of pool noise and provide you with a lovely view of Penticton. We do keep strict pool hours in order for all our guests to enjoy the pool but also to minmize any potential noise in the morning and evening.

Again, Thank you for your comments. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were headed to Princeton - only to be sent back because of an accident. Arrived at this hotel - they had a room for us - cancelled the other reservation in Princeton for us! I spent the day at the hotel - they offered a lounge for me to spend the afternoon in - third floor - I plugged in my a/c adapter and spent the day on line. I forgot it behind when I left- called later and sure enough they had it at the desk! Amazing service! Wud definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
SANDMANPENTICTON, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
What I believe sets Sandman apart from others is the genuine serivce we provide to all our guests and thank you for addressing it in your review. We are grateful for your reveiw and the time you spent to write it. Thank you.
BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I live in Penticton, and go to the Sandman about every two months. Irene the front desk clerk is so helpful, and Ken, the Super, is just that, Super. The only thing they need to do is update their tv's.

Room Tip: Be sure and get a poolside room. The hot tub is great.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandman Hotel Penticton? Share your experiences!