“Dirty and nothing works” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Motel

Plaza Motel
You added Plaza Motel to your Saves list
Plaza Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1485 Main St, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 5G4, Canada   |
Ranked #38 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
“Dirty and nothing works”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I called a day prior to checking in, and asked what's in the room. I was told microwave, coffee maker, mini fridge , hair dryer and flat screen tv are in every room. When I got there I was surprised to find no microwave and hair dryer were not in my room. I complained to front dest and they brought me a dryer (no microwave). To my surprise dryer didn't work. I had to call front desk yet again and they brought me an extension coed. When I checked fridge it was warm in side and my food was getting warm, I'm guessing it did not work too. Room was Very dirty. Non smoking room smelled horrible of cigarettes. That flat screen tv was in fact old a tv from 90's. I checked out of there within 2h. Staff were helpfully but it was the hotel it self that was bad. They offered a full money refund.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I spent four nights there recently.
The staff/management are very nice and accommodating.
For a 3 star type, it's ok.
The kitchen and bedroom were fine.
The TV was large and worked well.
We were disappointed that the pool was closed.
Had been looking forward to that.
The showers were very unpredictable however.
And the towels were overused/old!
Also, the doors won't stay closed unless you use the deadbolt.
This is a challenge when more than one person is using the room.
I think it would be fine in summer.
Easily accessible from the parking lot to the main floor.
Personally I like an inside hallway ~ feels safer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband, daughter, our dog, my mom and i all stayed 2 nights after having 4 crappy nights next door at the Carmi. We were so happy to see how clean the rooms where, roomy and comfortable. The staff were amazing and we cant wait to stay here again every summer.

• Stayed August 2013
British Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I spend two nights at the Plaza Motel in Penticton and I leave with a sour taste.
The owner was kind and helpful but it is the accommodation which riles me. For $100.00 + tax I expected a bit more luxury. This is a two story motel, wood frame. It has no appeal. The rooms are about 10 feet in width with the only fenestration up front and a small window in the bath room. So it is rather dark inside. The outside temperature was +30 degrees Celsius, the inside temperature not much lower. There is a window type air conditioner which makes enough noise as being bothersome when one wants to get some sleep. When I turned the tap for the shower some brown water came out first. Rust? The toilet paper roll is so far away that one has to bend forward to grasp a sheet. I got long arms but I feel sorry for the shorter guy/doll. I wanted economy as I only used the place to change and get some sleep. I got economy but I am sure there are better places to spend a hundred bucks + for a room.

Room Tip: I should have chosen a room at the Lake side as after biking for 80 kilometres I needed to emerge me...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Grand Forks, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My Aunt and my mom stayed in the plaza motel as they were visiting a family member in the Penticton hospital.The room was so small that im pretty sure my bathroom at home is bigger. The bath towels were not even big enough to dry a baby. The were fist holes in the wall and heater. When the room was booked the owner said there was a flat screen T.V in the room and the bed was a queen.Well the T.V old and by no means a flat screen and the bed may have been a double. There were no light bulbs in the lights so you couldn't see to go into the bathroom. I would not let my work enemy stay at the Plaza motel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kelowna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

The Plaza Motel is under New Management. The rooms are like new, they have been renovated with fresh paint,appliances,bedding,etc.There is FREE WiFi ,getting connected to the internet.The Plaza Motel had a great location,and very friendly new management. Ill be back next year.Good Job

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Dirty, shower turned very hot at a moment's notice. No room attention for days. No clock, no coffee. Kitchenette but no microwave. Too pricey for what we got, but I guess it was the only thing available. Free WiFi!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Plaza Motel? Share your experiences!