“A+++++++” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Log Cabin Motel

You added Log Cabin Motel to your Saves list
Log Cabin Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3287 Skaha Lake Road, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 6G5, Canada   |
Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
“A+++++++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our home away from home. All praise, no complaints at all from this family of 7. Owners are very hospitable. Clean, comfortable, very spacious, well maintained, heated outdoor pool, turn key, great location, walking distance from the beach....what more can we say..We give it a A++++++++

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chad S, Public Relations Manager at Log Cabin Motel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words Melissa. Hoping to see you again soon.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here two summers ago for two nights. On our last night we had been out for dinner at Anothony's pub across the street and when we returned had a few drinks in our cabin. Before turning in for the night I noticed a zip up bag on the top shelf of our closet. When we opened we were VERY surprised to find used heroin needles and empty dime bags that were clearly once filled with the drug. We immediately took this to the owners attention. He was VERY rude and acted as though he had no idea what it was or why it might be there. He ended up taking 20$ off our total, which I think is a crock considering how dangerous those needles are. Imagine a family had been staying in this cabin and a child had found them? We took lots of pictures just in case the owner tried to deny it. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chad S, Owner at Log Cabin Motel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for the review Chelsea. We welcome all feedback, good and bad. I remember your stay here because it was an unprecedented occurrence. As you stated, you did not even find the bag yourself until your last night in the room, meaning it was not in full view for our cleaning staff.

I am sorry you thought my behaviour was rude.

This was the first time since 1986 that such an incident occurred. It was defiantly an isolated incident.

Since your brought this to our attention we are more diligent in checking our room after clients leave.

We are a family oriented motel with 80% of our clients being repeat customers who have been coming here to 17 years and who would certainly vouch for our establishment.
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Both times I have stayed here the owner has been very kind and helpful . The first time we stayed in a 2 level suite with a jacuzzi . Last time was a basic room , but it was very well taken care of . Penticton is small enough , so it is easy to get around . The motel is very close to Skaha Lake . This is my place to stay whenever we visit in the future .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chad S, Guest Relations Manager at Log Cabin Motel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your review Skwiki. I will pass the glowing comments on to Leon. We look forward to seeing you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed at the Log Cabin a few times in recent years. I was very surprised when Leon, the owner, remembered me when I checked in as it had been a few years since my last stay. As I was uncertain of the length of time I was staying due to a death in my family, Leon was very accommodating and booked me a one bedroom kitchen unit, so I would be more comfortable during this stressful time. The unit was very clean.

The 1st floor unit was quiet, spacious, the bed very comfortable, had windows that opened and individual thermostat controlled temperature.

I was very impressed and moved that the hotel proprietor would the go a second mile checking on me when my car hadn't moved or been seen for a day, to ensure that I was alright or if I needed anything.

I ended up staying 5 days, and was grateful when Leon adjusted the nightly rate on check out.

I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Nanaimo BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Log Cabin for 3 nights at the Penticton Dragon Boating Festival last week. Our room had a queen and single bed as well as a small pull out couch in living room. Room had kitchen facilities and was kept clean. Nothing fancy about this place BUT clean,access to bbq, close to beach and restaurants. We enjoyed the pool with friends. Close walking distance to restaurants and essentials. Would stay again if looking for no frills but clean and practical accommodations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at log cabin. Check in fast, rooms clean and comfortable. Priced right for style of motel, $75 for mid week. Its no frills but nice pool and barbque area and close to skaha beach.
I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Very pleasantly surprised by this little hotel. Very friendly, helpful. Beautiful spot and very nice room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Log Cabin Motel? Share your experiences!