“Just fine...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Wenatchee, Washington
“Just fine...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The physical facility is exactly what we expected for a vintage motel that's showing it's age.

But . . . the beds were brand new and very comfortable and the sheets were clean. The a/c ran cold and the shower had lots of hot water with very good pressure.

Also,the managers were extremely friendly and helpful.

It will never compete with the newer hotels, but they will never match it's price. Decide what's important to you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I always think people should book based on the reviews, so if you are paying half what other properties are charging, then you might be getting great value - for the price - but maybe not receive the amenities. Either way you know what you are in for. This motel is a prime example, I paid a lot less and basically got exactly what I expected. I'm saying 'very good' because it was cheap, and I knew what, or what not to expect.

The check-in/out was very quick and efficient. The staff was friendly and the billing was accurate.

The room had recently been renovated so the door was 'sticky', from the fresh paint. I was informed of that so not a problem. The 'fun' began in the room, it is now the 'shoulder' season so the fridge and AC were not turned on. Once I figured this out on my own, it wasn't a problem and both seemed to work well, though the AC got a little loud in the middle of the night.

Microwave oven, coffee pot, and old-school TV with lots of channels were just fine with me. The new beds were awesome, very comfortable indeed. Lots of free parking outside and the location was fantastic (in town for a concert), and you could walk to restaurants, a pub, grocery store, liquor stores or whatever within minutes. If tubing, this is right on the canal.

Would I stay here again? Yeah, if I was coming to a concert or whatever. Just paying for somewhere to sleep, this is good and then some. If you're trying to impress...well, no...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have been traveling to Pentiction for over 5 years during the time of peachfest, we have stayed at the hotels on Lakeshore which were very costly during that time. The Ogopogo Motel is where you must be! It is right across the street is the channel and a short walk to the beach. It is also, near a grocery store, pharmacy, a gas station and Tim Hortons. This was our first time staying at the Ogopogo Motel and I must say the room were very clean; the beds were new and comfortable. The mangers were nice, friendly and accommodating making our stay worthwhile. We will be coming back soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Maple Ridge District Municipality, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

As an experienced RV traveler, we were hesitant to stay at this RV park due to its "run down" look. We have always stayed at the Impeccable Park Royal RV beside the Ogopogo RV but it was full, and as we were taking our 4 young grandchildren, the lure of a pool made it happen.
The "new managers "started Sept/12" were very helpful and friendly which I gather was not the case of the previous ones. It is definitely a work in progress as many repairs were needed in the washrooms and around the park (has cable but many outlets were broken off for connection). The sites needed cleanup (many cig butts, bottle caps etc) after the last customers.
Overall, it was acceptable considering the fact if you want to stay on the Okanogan Lake side of Penticton, you only have Park Royal and Ogopogo to chose from. We would stay there again but would ask for a space on the side next to Park Royal as the new shopping centre on the other side can get noisy in the early morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Richard J, Owner at Ogopogo Motel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thanks for your comments about the RV park. We have new managers this year and they are working on maintenance and repairs throughout. We will bring the cable connections and litter points that you made to their attention.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at the Ogopogo Motel for 3 days. We chose it because it is so reasonably priced, and the location is perfect. We have stayed here before and I must say that the motel is looking better than ever. The room we stayed in had a brand new bed which was amazing, the motel was very clean and the pool area is awesome. The new managers were very pleasant and accommodating and everyone in the motel seemed to be having a really good time. We will be arranging to come back next year :) Thank you Ogopogo!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Campbell River, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

When I made our reservations at the motel and at the R.V. site located behind motel.(traveling with friends in a R.V.)I did not expect too much. I knew it would be dated and small. We just wanted a clean bed and shower. However it was horrible sure enough it was clean and cheap, but DO NOT expect to get any sleep. There were party pods outside every ones door. At least 4 groups here and there. The worst part was that outside the Manager office was the the noisiest. With a huge party going on at outside of their office and their daughter and her group of friends partying at the other end. Yelling, screaming, banging on doors and slamming doors well past 1:30am. Paper thin walls, no aircondioning. My friends said the rv site noise was just as bad. Saving on the $(90) per night just isn`t worth it. Spend a few extra dollars and get a better place there are 2 others motels right next door that might have better control on the party pigs.

Room Tip: not worth it!!!! save your self some grief stay some where else. ml
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vernon bc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had made a reservation, expecting to check in around 6:30 PM. My work ran a little late and I didn't check in until 8:30. Keep in mind no one said anything about a check in deadline. As soon asI rang the doorbell on the office the manager/owner, not sure which, started yelling and swearing at me about how I was late and did I not realize they had a life?? I started to apologize, realized he was not joking and told him maybe they should tell people if they have a deadline. He continued to carry on so I said I didn't need this and walked out. I had stayed several times before with no problem. He also falsely accused me of stealing the keys before. I say avoid at all costs!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ogopogo Motel? Share your experiences!