“RV park of the complex” 3 of 5 stars

Ogopogo Motel
270 Riverside Dr, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 5Y5, Canada   |
Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Maple Ridge District Municipality, British Columbia, Canada
“RV park of the complex”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

As an experienced RV traveler, we were hesitant to stay at this RV park due to its "run down" look. We have always stayed at the Impeccable Park Royal RV beside the Ogopogo RV but it was full, and as we were taking our 4 young grandchildren, the lure of a pool made it happen.
The "new managers "started Sept/12" were very helpful and friendly which I gather was not the case of the previous ones. It is definitely a work in progress as many repairs were needed in the washrooms and around the park (has cable but many outlets were broken off for connection). The sites needed cleanup (many cig butts, bottle caps etc) after the last customers.
Overall, it was acceptable considering the fact if you want to stay on the Okanogan Lake side of Penticton, you only have Park Royal and Ogopogo to chose from. We would stay there again but would ask for a space on the side next to Park Royal as the new shopping centre on the other side can get noisy in the early morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Richard J, Owner at Ogopogo Motel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thanks for your comments about the RV park. We have new managers this year and they are working on maintenance and repairs throughout. We will bring the cable connections and litter points that you made to their attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at the Ogopogo Motel for 3 days. We chose it because it is so reasonably priced, and the location is perfect. We have stayed here before and I must say that the motel is looking better than ever. The room we stayed in had a brand new bed which was amazing, the motel was very clean and the pool area is awesome. The new managers were very pleasant and accommodating and everyone in the motel seemed to be having a really good time. We will be arranging to come back next year :) Thank you Ogopogo!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Campbell River, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

When I made our reservations at the motel and at the R.V. site located behind motel.(traveling with friends in a R.V.)I did not expect too much. I knew it would be dated and small. We just wanted a clean bed and shower. However it was horrible sure enough it was clean and cheap, but DO NOT expect to get any sleep. There were party pods outside every ones door. At least 4 groups here and there. The worst part was that outside the Manager office was the the noisiest. With a huge party going on at outside of their office and their daughter and her group of friends partying at the other end. Yelling, screaming, banging on doors and slamming doors well past 1:30am. Paper thin walls, no aircondioning. My friends said the rv site noise was just as bad. Saving on the $(90) per night just isn`t worth it. Spend a few extra dollars and get a better place there are 2 others motels right next door that might have better control on the party pigs.

Room Tip: not worth it!!!! save your self some grief stay some where else. ml
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vernon bc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had made a reservation, expecting to check in around 6:30 PM. My work ran a little late and I didn't check in until 8:30. Keep in mind no one said anything about a check in deadline. As soon asI rang the doorbell on the office the manager/owner, not sure which, started yelling and swearing at me about how I was late and did I not realize they had a life?? I started to apologize, realized he was not joking and told him maybe they should tell people if they have a deadline. He continued to carry on so I said I didn't need this and walked out. I had stayed several times before with no problem. He also falsely accused me of stealing the keys before. I say avoid at all costs!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The tubing canal is right across the street, and that's where the buses return you to at the end of your float. The motel was clean, hard beds however, and it has an outdoor pool (I didn't swim in it, but my friends all did). We got "told" for talking outside our rooms at night, so they asked us to hang out at the pool to chat at night, they left it unlocked for us - which was cool. Reasonably priced ($110ish) after tax per night CAD. Shower was so hard and fast in our room that I felt like my skin was being torn off, but overall, a good experience and I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Richard J, Owner at Ogopogo Motel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thanks for your comments and just wanted to note that the shower heads have all been fixed (calcium buildup - sorry about your skin!) and the beds are in the process of being replaced. We look forward to seeing you again.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed in the RV park. A well located shaded area.....good access to shopping, river and lake etc etc. Washrooms have now been updated :) Just a lack of lawns in the RV park. Good deal for the money :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Richard J, Owner at Ogopogo Motel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thanks for your comments and just a note that our RV park rates will drop by 50% for the winter so come back anytime!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ogopogo for a weekend in July. While it doesn't compare to some of the bigger and fancier resorts we found it to be comfortable, clean and very reasonably priced. The location right across from where you can go tubing was ideal and we would go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard J, Owner at Ogopogo Motel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments and just a note that our Fall/Winter prices are on now making a trip during the wine season even more affordable!

Been to Ogopogo Motel? Share your experiences!