“The. Worst. Customer. Service. Ever!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ogopogo Motel
270 Riverside Dr, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 5Y5, Canada   |
Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
vernon bc
“The. Worst. Customer. Service. Ever!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had made a reservation, expecting to check in around 6:30 PM. My work ran a little late and I didn't check in until 8:30. Keep in mind no one said anything about a check in deadline. As soon asI rang the doorbell on the office the manager/owner, not sure which, started yelling and swearing at me about how I was late and did I not realize they had a life?? I started to apologize, realized he was not joking and told him maybe they should tell people if they have a deadline. He continued to carry on so I said I didn't need this and walked out. I had stayed several times before with no problem. He also falsely accused me of stealing the keys before. I say avoid at all costs!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The tubing canal is right across the street, and that's where the buses return you to at the end of your float. The motel was clean, hard beds however, and it has an outdoor pool (I didn't swim in it, but my friends all did). We got "told" for talking outside our rooms at night, so they asked us to hang out at the pool to chat at night, they left it unlocked for us - which was cool. Reasonably priced ($110ish) after tax per night CAD. Shower was so hard and fast in our room that I felt like my skin was being torn off, but overall, a good experience and I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Richard J, Owner at Ogopogo Motel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thanks for your comments and just wanted to note that the shower heads have all been fixed (calcium buildup - sorry about your skin!) and the beds are in the process of being replaced. We look forward to seeing you again.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed in the RV park. A well located shaded area.....good access to shopping, river and lake etc etc. Washrooms have now been updated :) Just a lack of lawns in the RV park. Good deal for the money :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Richard J, Owner at Ogopogo Motel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thanks for your comments and just a note that our RV park rates will drop by 50% for the winter so come back anytime!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ogopogo for a weekend in July. While it doesn't compare to some of the bigger and fancier resorts we found it to be comfortable, clean and very reasonably priced. The location right across from where you can go tubing was ideal and we would go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard J, Owner at Ogopogo Motel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments and just a note that our Fall/Winter prices are on now making a trip during the wine season even more affordable!
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My family and I stumbled across the Ogopogo motel in April. After travelling for 3 days and experiencing the crazyness that 3 people stuck in a suv would succumb to, the Ogopogo was a well deserved surprise. It was easy for us to look for a pricey hotel with all the ammenities that a credit could buy, but the reality was we wanted to find a lodging that was inexpensive, simple, clean, respectable, and was managed properly, and the ogopogo certainly fit the bill.

Allthough the room was equipped with all the regular luxaries of a motel, we didnt really have to use anything to preoccupy our time during our 3 day stay, Instead there was a vast selection of things to do to keep us mentally stimulated in the great outdoors including stargazing by the poolside till the wee hours.

I guess this is one vacation we can actually say, the ogopogo motel, helped our vacation to be a success.

Room Tip: A simple tip I can add is to get a corner suite...The morning sun and the birds chirping add to the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
new westminster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Great location,priced right,just what I needed for a 2 day stay on my way
to the Kootenays.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Medellin, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

My family stayed at the motel which is located right across from the river rafting spot and we couldn't of been happier about the price and location.
A new mall next door has everything you need to make your own meals in the kitchenettes.
The place was clean but not fancy but the price was a deal.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Richard J, Owner at Ogopogo Motel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your response and just wanted to note that almost all of our rooms have at least some cooking facilities and that the new mall adjacent has even more stores opening up for your shopping convenience and variety.

Been to Ogopogo Motel? Share your experiences!