“Great motel at superb location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bowmont Motel

Save Saved
You added Bowmont Motel to your Saves list
Bowmont Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   80 Riverside Drive, Penticton, British Columbia V2A 5Y3, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Edmonton
“Great motel at superb location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is a great motel within mere steps from the lake and canal float.
Yes, the decor is old but it provides it with some charm. The room itself is spacious and the staff are great and very helpful.
The value is a little steep but it is worth it for its walking distance to nearby attractions.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Victoria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Judging by the other reviews I read on here before booking at the Bowmont, I was definitely not expecting a modern room with new furniture and amenities. I expected it to be old-fashioned and maybe a bit shabby, but still charming and nice. I was bitterly disappointed when we opened the door of our room at the Bowmont and were greeted with a bleak and depressing atmosphere and extremely old and shabby furniture. The separate bedroom of our suite was dark and depressing, and I felt bad that my children had to sleep in there for the duration of our stay. The kitchen was beyond outdated and the chairs had rips in the upholstery. The bed was the most stiff and uncomfortable I had ever slept on. The pillows were cheap and flat. The TV was mounted to the wall and only visible in the living area if I sat on the end of the bed or on one of the ancient and uncomfortable chairs near the window. Basically - I found it to be a very unpleasant atmosphere and will definitely not be staying there again. However, the pool and common area was lovely and very nicely kept - beautiful flower pots and grass. Unfortunately I feel that there is a reason why there are no pictures of the room interiors on the Bowmont Motel's website - it's because they are a nasty surprise upon arrival!

• Stayed July 2014
New Westminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I love this place. I have stayed here 8 years in a row but unfortunately have to miss this year. Many of the rooms have kitchens and all have quite a bit of space for families. Not all rooms are updated yet, but they are working on it. The pool area is lovely with bbq pits to rent. No need to go out when your room has a fridge and you can bbq all of the wonderful Okanagan Valley foods. The owners are usually present and very friendly and helpful. It can be difficult to get a room for long weekends, so book far in advance. This place is one of the most affordable hotels I have found and definitely a good value.

Only a few blocks from both the beach on Okanagan Lake (family oriented one) and the start of the famous channel to float down. Also across the street is the family fun centre and mini golf. Best location and far enough from downtown to be peaceful.

Room Tip: Courtyard view rooms are nice but can be hard to get.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Grande Prairie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised at how clean and spacious our king room was and also how friendly staff and management are here! That on itself is a big score :-) With 30c+ temps every day we never needed the AC. Unfortunately the foam mattress on our king bed was very hard for us and management tried to help by adding a mattress topper which didn't help unfortunately and we did not get much sleep. We didn't have a microwave either which made it a bit of a challenge for those in house meals. Still, we really enjoyed our stay there on the whole.

• Stayed July 2014
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed at the Bowmont Motel in Penticton BC for 4 nights. This hotel is clean, the staff is nice and helpful - they helped with my in-llaws with their luggage, the motel is safe and close to the beach. The motel even has kitchenettes which allowed us to make meals during our stay. The only negative thing about this motel is that it only supplied coffee the first day during our stay. The remaining days I had to buy my own coffee. We would stay here again and I recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Best place ever!! Awesome owners and staff. This is the only place I will ever stay in Penticton. Perfect location near lake, channel and Loco Landing amusement park. Terrific pool. Everyone so friendly and welcoming. Best vacations staying here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Armstrong, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Have had a medical experience while on our holiday. My husband was hospitalized and then needed to be medevac'd. I can't explain how helpful they have been in this complicated time.
The pool is the hot spot ;with many families coming year after year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bowmont Motel? Share your experiences!