“good family spot.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 163 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: White Spot Restaurants are passionate about fresh, local ingredients & great service. Try award-winning burgers, delicious salads, pastas & more! Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner & take out.
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“good family spot.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

had lunch here yesterday, nice sunny day. very good, friendly service, welcoming of the 2 children. i can see why our family likes to go there every couple of months. a new, attractive, building.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kelowna, Canada
“New and Improved? Not so much.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Decided to give the newly rebuilt White Spot a second chance after a rather average first experience 2 years ago, however not much has changed except for the new building. The service was good, although lacking in staff. The food quality for breakfast was poor. Small potions, bland taste, and a rather uninspired menu. Total cost was almost $30 for a very small frittata with fruit and coffee, and a little breakfast bun with fruit and coffee. The food was unacceptable for what appears from the outside, to be a nice looking place. I left disappointed yet again, and will not be returning.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
“Great for Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The breakfasts are wonderful-- particularly the hashbrowns! Everything else is average, unexciting, bland, and expensive for what you get. The service is usually pretty good. I will never go back for dinner, but I will be back for breakfast!

Visited January 2013
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“A tidy manager needs to keep an eye on things...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Well... went into the restaurant about 2 pm on a Thursday. Stood around the 'hosting desk' for 5 minutes waiting for someone to notice me. There were probably three or four tables occupied, but not much staff around - eventually both a waitress and a waiter converged on me, and I got a table. The place was nicely furnished, but NOT VERY CLEAN. The booth I was given had a fairly heavy sprinkling of crumbs on the banquette, apparently nobody had bothered wiping it down after the last guests. And I could not help noticing a fair amount of debris in plain view on the floor across from me.

I visited mainly to see if the food was still the classic WhiteSpot that I remembered from the 60s, 70s, 80s. Ordered a Legendary with extra triple-ooo and fries. The burger took probably ten minutes to arrive, in the meantime I had a cup of coffee, which was quite alright.

Happily, the burger was PRETTY GOOD - more or less as I remembered it from the drive in days. The pickle was the classical Ukrainian salted variety, of good size, color and texture. The bun was (I would say) 90% the classical White Spot bun of old, and the patty and sauce were as well. But I have to say the coleslaw has slipped a bit - it seemed to have the classical ingredients, but was notably lacking in sweetness. Fries were perhaps a tad over-cooked, but at least they were real hand-cut fries.

Overall, service was "OK", decor was "Good", but cleanliness left a lot to be desired. And at a little over $15 (not including tip) for a burger, fries, and coffee - it didn't leave me with a strong passion to return to this establishment. But if i am in the area, I suppose that I might drop by again to see if they have cleaned up any, and perhaps check out if the Toasted Shrimp Sandwich or "Chicken in the Straw" is anything reminiscent of it former glory...

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Penticton, Canada
“Two Strikes You're Out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went to the new restaurant for supper. It was not busy but everyone seemed to be rushing around. It took longer than usual for our supper and discovered the patties were very small. We found the price expensive for a mediocore burger. Left feeling disappointed.
Second time was the worst experience ever. The Assistant Manager, Michael, led us to a table and stood in the aisle as I sat down. He started to explain and show the dinner specials. As he was talking I noticed he was blocking the aisle and my husband couldn't sit down. My husband, in a friendly manner asked him to wait to explain the specials until he sat down. The Assistant Manager looked at my husband, ignored him and continued reading the specials to me and then walked away. My husband then sat down, we looked at each other in shock and said "can you believe what just happened" Upon that we decided to walk out and never go back.

• Visited January 2013