“A spectacular brunch....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lavender House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Westminster
Lavender House Bed and Breakfast
You added Lavender House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
816 10th Street, New Westminster, British Columbia V3M 4A1 , Canada   |
Special Offer
Free Wi-Fi!
Surrey, Canada
“A spectacular brunch....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Johanna and Derek had graciously donated a gift certificate to a Rotary fundraiser for six adults to their bed & breakfast - Lavender House. My group was treated to a spectacular three course brunch starting with a granola yogurt followed by a puff pastry bacon and eggs to be topped with a wonderful orange dessert cup not to mention the homemade cranberry scones - yum! I don't know the names of these fabulous creations, but they were all very tasty and we all left with our bellies filled to capacity. We were also given a tour of their establishment, which was warm and cozy. To top it off we were blessed with a visit from Myashi (cat) and Kashi (dog). I will definitely recommend family and friends to the Lavender House. Again thank you Johanna for some lively conversation and the great meal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I spent several weeks at Lavender House while I helped my daughter ease into life with a new baby. I loved every minute of my stay in this beautiful home. It has a lovely spirit, and Johanna and Derek have lovingly renovated much of Lavender House with the same attention to detail that they look after their guests. This kind of quality both in physical space and personal engagement is rare and often overlooked in the hustle and bustle of life. I cannot agree more with every wonderful review that has already been written about this exceptional space...lovely breakfasts, interesting guests, unexpected extras (as in the downstairs kitchen and fresh bathrobes). I spent the days, despite my exciting grandmotherly duties, anticipating my return to this special refuge. It may have been grey, cold and rainy, but, the minute I walked into Lavender House the weather was perfect no matter the seasonal rain that is often part of BC in November.
This B&B is close to everything whether on foot or by car or public transportation. New Westminster is a perfect location for Vancouver visits or farther afield. There is a beautiful park nearby and the neighborhood is filled with homes that are wonderfully cared for and architecturally interesting.
On this New Year's Day 2014 I resolve to return soon!

Room Tip: I stayed in lower level Serenity Room and had access to the fully equipped kitchen, ideal for early...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
lavenderjoh, Owner at Lavender House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thanks so much for your glowing comments. It is nice to know that we have made a new friend and that we can expect to see you again on your next visit to your daughter and grandchild. We hope that your Christmas and New year were exceptional and that the coming year brings you joy.
best wishes,
Johanna
Grand Forks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Johanna was very welcoming, and provided a comfortable, clean environment. Johanna was even able to not only accommodate my food allergies, but created amazing and unique breakfasts for me. Johanna obviously enjoys creating art with food, and the bonus is that it tastes great too! It was really nice to have access to a sitting area, fridge, and our own entrance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
lavenderjoh, Owner at Lavender House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the meals were enjoyable. Thanks very much for your review and we hope that you stay with us again the next time you come down for a dance clinic.
Sidney, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was only my second time at a B&B, having access to a kitchen and living area was great! The house is located in a very quite area which I really liked. Close to shopping and coffee and restaurants.
Comfy beds, very clean! Johanna and Kashi the dog were great host. Enjoyed it so much I have a booking for next month too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

On a trip to visit our sister in New Westminster, my brother and I could not have wished for a nicer place to stay. The bedrooms Serenity and Tranquillity were great with such comfortable beds and the facility of a lounge and kitchen area an unexpected bonus. So many extras were available and Johanna and Derek so kind and helpful and went out of their way to make our stay a great one. Nothing was too much trouble, breakfasts were always a surprise and meeting different guests was so interesting. As we had a longish stay of eighteen nights, we got to know our hosts and left them more as friends. Kashi the dog also became a friend and it was quite sad to leave.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed in the room called "Serenity" downstairs and really appreciated having access to a kitchen and living area in addition to the bedroom. The kitchen and living area was shared with those staying in the other bedroom, but we found that a bonus as we enjoyed very much our interactions with them. The bathroom was ours alone, but we did have to dress to go through the living area to access it, but that was really no problem. The bed was extremely comfortable, Breaksfast was always something special, and looked like a lot of effort went into them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
lavenderjoh, Owner at Lavender House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We truly appreciate receiving your review and enjoyed sharing our home with you both. I do understand your comment about having to leave your room to use the private bath, which is why bathrobes and slippers are provided in each room. It would be nice to have ensuite bathrooms but the house renovation and original lay out of the home did not lend itself to doing this unfortunately. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future so we can continue our interesting conversations.
J.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was our first stay in a B&B (my wife and I) and it was a wonderful experience. We stayed for a whole week (July 22nd to 29th) visiting my in-laws, just a block away from there. Our host Johanna (pronounced Yohanna) was very friendly and interesting, giving us information about different things to do and see during our stay. She and her husband Derek really made us feel at home in their lovely and spacious house, situated in a nice and quiet area of New West. We had a chance to meet visitors from Germany, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Kelowna B.C, all very friendly. I usually have only cereal in the morning, but Johanna cooked a very delicious and different meal every morning. Wow, she is a great cook! Everything is made by her, even the juice. What a way to start off the day! The place was very clean and beds comfortable. We recommend this place very highly to anyone who want a different and more personal experience than in hotels. We will go back again some day. Thanks Johanna and Derek.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lavender House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!