“The Lavender House was more than just a B&B to me” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lavender House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Westminster
Lavender House Bed and Breakfast
You added Lavender House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
816 10th Street, New Westminster, British Columbia V3M 4A1 , Canada   |
Special Offer
Free Wi-Fi!
CASTLEGAR
“The Lavender House was more than just a B&B to me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Johanna and Derek are 2 of the most kind hearted, genuine people that I have met in along time, it's good to know that there are people like them out there. I was in New Westminster for eye correction, Johanna went above and beyond her duties by opening up her home, to me, and taking care of me as I recovered. Johanna and Derek had me join them for dinner following my surgery, I felt like I was family, not a stranger. Again Thank you Johanna and Derek, you truly are wonderful people.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
yuccan2, Owner at Lavender House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thanks for the wonderful review. We hope that your vision has come in the way you hoped and that it wasn't too painful while the eyes healed. We appreciate your comments and it is due to guests like you that Lavender House B & B continues to thrive. Come back again one day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a great time at this B&B. The breakfast was very good, always starting with fresh fruit and a warm dish afterwards. Johanna and her husband helped us to find our way around Vancouver and also to plan our drive to Seattle and to the ferry terminal. They also have a really cute cat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I enjoyed every aspect of my stay there. The hosts were incredibly nice and made sure we felt comfortable at their home. Johanna is an exquisite cook - her breakfasts are delicious and nutricious- and knows her way around the city very well. He talked about the must do's in the city; also she always gave her options in case we were inclined to do something different. Well located, the BB is within a short distance from many atractions. They have a sweet and playful dog that would bring its toys to us and,making a pitiful face, would invite us to play.The people in this BB make all the difference. A delightful surprise. I am specially thankful to Johanna and Derek because I made a mistake and got there one day before the booked dated and they worked things out to put me and my wife up for an extra day. I will never forget that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed at Lavender House for two nights and wish it could have been longer. Our hostess, Johanna and her husband Derek made us feel at home right away. We stayed upstairs in a great, spacious room with a very modern bath just outside the door. Johanna served outstanding breakfasts. She also was very good at helping us decide in what we wanted to do during our short stay and even had advice on how best to grow the lavender plants I have in my garden at home. Upstairs there is a sitting area if you don't want to stay in your room. There is some repair work going on (not in the rooms) but I think that adds to some of the charm.
Overall, it's a wonderful place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio,TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My wife and I spent two wonderful days at The Lavender House. Upon arrival we were made to feel at home and treated with such graciousness by our hosts Johanna and Derek. Loved playing with the dog and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast. My wife and I had to depart early on the second day and Johanna went out of her way to prepare breakfast criossants for our early departure and even wished us well along our way by rising early. Secondly, due to our early departure, I errantly forgot to pack my charger for my electric shaver and Johanna made the extra effort to mail me the charger. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at this wonderful B & B.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My friend and I stayed for two nights and we had a great experience. Really quiet house, 5 star bedroom and bathroom - 6 star breakfast (if that exists?): Johanna (the host) really takes pride in her cooking, and it really shows. She and her husband are great hosts as they made us feel welcome and helped us find restaurants, things to see and do, and anything else we asked. We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ashcroft, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Lavender House was a lovely retreat after the busyness of visiting family in Delta. It was centrally located between our two main locations and we were thankful for having found such a wonderful place to relax in the quiet of Johanna and Derek's lovely home. Breakfasts were gourmet, delectable and varied; the fresh fruit served was different each morning--much appreciated! Johanna is a great hostess; she is knowledgeable about amenities in the area, she answered all our questions and offered valuable suggestions. The updates to Lavender House are tastefully done with the character of the home in mind. We enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend it to anyone traveling in the New Westminster/Vancouver area.
As colleagues, (we have Blue Sage B & B in Ashcroft) we had a lot to talk about and time to compare ideas with Johanna during our stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lavender House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!