“best Chinese in Nanaimo” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #128 of 258 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Chinese
Nanaimo, Canada
“best Chinese in Nanaimo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Love this Chinese restaurant, always fresh consistent great food. Definitely our go to place if craving Chinese. Takes a while to get your food but always piping hot and very fresh.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Greasy, bland and below average even for Chinese Canadian cuisine. They delivered to my hotel but with no sauces plum or soy, there shanghai noodles were soggy the deep fried shrimp was fishy, greasy and over battered. And like I said not even a soy or plum sauce. And when I called I was told I should have known to order some.
Never again!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Big portions good taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We sat on the back patio with a good view of the water (plus an equally good view of the parking lot). It is right next to an oyster processing company which can smell very ripe when operating. Luckily it wasn't and we had a really good dinner. Service was friendly, food came out quickly, larger than average portions, every dish was tasty all at average chinese food prices.
My wife who doesn't like sweet n sour chicken balls ate them here.
Well worth a visit if you're in the mood for chinese food in Nanaimo.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Very generous portions, hot and tasty Chinese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our first visit and we'll definitely return. Ordered a later lunch. Kung Po Chicken was delicious, loaded with fresh veggies, cashews and just the right amount of heat. Hubby ordered a combo plate and was pleased with his meal as well. Tables at the back have a bit of a water/working dock view.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nanaimo, Canada
“The Worst Service Ever!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was my first time visiting this Chinese restaurant and was quite excited because some of friends recommended their food. When we got the first dish, we asked for rice. The server suddenly said 'You don't have to use that attitude. We are here to serve you but not to be treated badly.' Like, what just happened? I asked for rice politely with a biggest smile, but this was what I got back from people.

When we almost finished our dinner, one of my friends asked the same server to come back for a talk. He politely asked her what we did was wrong because we didn't know what we did to make her mad. She couldn't really saw what we said or did somehow (with her arms crossed). We asked her if we could talk to their manager but she said the manager was cooking. If we would like to talk to him, we had to wait until the restaurant closed (and with her arms crossed still). We told her that we wouldn't mind to wait and didn't mean to argue because we did not talk to her with any attitude. We just wanted a explanation. She then finally released her crossed arms and said 'You know what? We don't want to serve you anymore. You can just finish your food and leave.' I was really angry that I was going to stand up and walk out but my friend did not want to make it worse. He then paid when we finished all the food. And he tipped them more than 10%.

She still couldn't come out with the specific words we 'actually' said why she blamed us on treating them badly. She totally ruined my first visit to this restaurant. Food wasn't too bad and I quite like pekin duck, but the experience was the worst ever in my life. I wouldn't go back no more and will never recommend this place.

• Visited January 2013