“Microwaves” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Yellowknife
“Microwaves”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Been here several times and always had good food but unfortunately will now have to go elsewhere. The service was good and nachos are always excellent but the entrees were definitely microwaved which is a major problem. If I wanted microwaved rice and beans I could have stayed home and there is no way it could be denied. Shame on the cooks that's just laziness.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Worst Mexican ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

First off my food arrived in less than 5 min...big no no....this tells me it has been sitting and was already prepared...second no no I took 1 bite and burnt they roof of my mouth! They microwaved it !! I got up and left...horrible will never return!!

Visited February 2014
Duncan, Canada
“1 star is over rating this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had a reservation for 17, for a graduation party. When making the reservation we were told that we could all sit together, which didn't happen. Next we tried to bring in a cake for the celebration which we were promptly told no outside food , so the cake stayed in the car. We all had appy's,dinner and drinks and spent a lot of money. After dinner the waitress had the nerve to ask us if we wanted dessert. What would you think? We all would have had coffee or tea with our cake if we could have had it, but they lost on that sale. I would not of stayed if it was not my sons graduation from VIU. I will never go back to Gina's again. Gina's should add a cover charge for bringing your own cake for a special occasion if they are that cheap to not allow outside food, or let you know when making a reservation that you can't bring anything in with you.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Good Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We have been here several times over the years. When you are seated there is always salsa and chips which are a great bonus and salsa is the best! We always have the Navaho and margaritas. The last time we noticed the food was not as good as in past and hope that was just a off day...we will go back and hope for consistently good Mexican we have had in past. Service can be good or bad depending on waitress.

Visited August 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
“Ignore all the Haters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I seriously doubt any ones wife makes better "authentic" Mexican wood.
as far as the others, sounds to me, like they either working at a similar "style" restaurant and like to use some sleazy ploy to drag nave customers to there restaurant, that pretends to be authentic
or they were fired from Gina s Mexican Cafe. I have consistently had good service, reasonable price I might add, ice cold drinks generous portions. Everything, was on time hot and tasty. I always leave the table feeling like a stuffed turkey.
No wonder there line ups. To be fare and partial. Customers can be just as ignorant and rude as any staff member. Ever try working in a place thats insanely busy . Im sure there plenty of drama and chaos in every one life". Maximum stress for minimum pay" . Every one entitled to a meltdown or two.
I have yet to find a place where you get 100% satisfaction and the ability please every one all the time. The bloggers are worse then winy brats who wont eat there vegetables and probably suffer from ADD.

• Visited December 2013