“MMMMM Delicious Sushi!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
“MMMMM Delicious Sushi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The sushi here is quite delicious, had a chef's choice platter and enjoyed all the rolls that came on it. The sashimi was good and fresh.

Service left a little something to be desired, I don't know if the girl that served us was brand new or something, but there were only a few tables and we were left waiting at the front to be seated for several minutes, and the service was sub par once we were seated. Found something tentacle like in my drink after several sips, she made me a new one, but still charged me for one. Personally when I was a server you would do something above and beyond when something like that happens for a customer, not just make them a new one. Luckily I'm not very fussy.

Visited November 2012

Vancouver BC
“From Good to Mediocre to Bad!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We, like many others, use to love to go to the Blue Ginger knowing fully well that we would have service that would be slow, but the food would be worth it. During the last couple of years the changes in the kitchen have greatly affected the food preparation and presentation but we thought that over time they will get back to normal.
Our recent visits have proven otherwise and the food is going from excellent to mediocre to now very poor just to meet the same standard of service that has always been questionably poor.
I see some reviewers still write that the food is "yummy" and "great taste" and served with "competency". Well I guess it is reasonable to say that they have their "freshly" formed opinions but I assure you that the Blue Ginger is going downhill in all areas and at this rate it will NOT stay open for too much longer. When the service continues to be as consistently poor as we have experienced during the last 3 visits and the sushi rice now tastes like rice pudding covered in guacamole and fish roe, the writing is on the wall no matter how many "friendly" reviewers write in.
Check it out for yourselves and you will see that my first review several years ago claimed it to be the best sushi in the west.
Trust me do not waste your money. Time to try the other Sushi restaurant in Nanaimo downtown.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gabriola Island, Canada
“Great sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We love to sit at the bar and watch MoMo make the sushi, fresh, and very tasty. Owner and staff are very friendly.

Nanaimo, Canada
“Quite good sushi and Japanese food with quality service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The sushi was the best I've tasted in the region and the other dishes we ordered were quite tasty. The service was friendly, very competent, and enjoyable. The prices were quite reasonable and I will be back many times in the future. Best Asian restaurant in Nanaimo for my taste.

Visited May 2012
Victoria, Canada
“Yummy Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We love sushi, and this place was great! Lots of variety....knowledgeable, friendly staff. We had some rolls AND a stirfry.....yummy!

Visited August 2012