“Great atmosphere.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2015

We went for supper but ate in the lounge area as the hockey game was on. Very nice place with a upbeat attitude. Atmosphere we found was very nice. Great service and food was good. Didn't have anything to fancy as I think the steaks are overpriced. Had the Tuna starter and the duck clubhouse and the fajitas for our mains. All dishes were very good. The server was nice to get the Tuna appetizer split onto two plates. Will go back again for sure.

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nanoose Bay
“Good food & interesting menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

If you like trying thinking out of the box, then you have to try and eat here. I like to try things I wouldn't make at home so thinking outside the box I tried the pesto chicken quesadilla. It sounded "different" as it had chicken, pesto and cranberries. Instead of salsa you get a lime/mayo. It was really GOOD!! Glad I thought outside the box and tried it :)
It can be fairly noisy there as they have an open concept for everything, kitchen, dinning room & lounge. So if you're looking for a "quiet" atmosphere, I would tend to come back another time :)
The only thing I did notice is some of the dinner entree's were a bit pricey ($39 for steak??).
The waitress was very nice and friendly too!! glad they don't wear the "scantly clad" outfits anymore!! much more classy.

• Visited March 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
“A menu of deliciousness...!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015 via mobile

Having just moved to Nananimo, I wasn't sure where to book for my Husband's birthday last week! I couldn't have chosen better than The Cactus Club Cafe...from when I rang to make a reservation, to the second we left, the entire staff were very friendly and pleasant, without being gushing and obtrusive. The menu was a delight; a wonderful mix of classics and fusion with lots of choices, and allowances for allergies. My mouth is watering remembering what I had to eat!
I really enjoyed our meal at The Cactus Club Cafe... I will most certainly go back again... Hopefully lots of times... There's a whole menu of deliciousness I have to get through! Definitely make a reservation for Friday or Saturday nights if you don't want to wait!

• Visited March 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Courtenay, Canada
“What a great lunch we had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

Took visiting family members to this Nanaimo spot. The weather was excellent which was a treat for the visitors from Saskatchewan. To top it off, we all got a great meal. The signature chicken dish was great. Someone else got the lettuce wraps. As good as the chicken was, the lettuce wrap dish was better. I HAVE to get that next time, and soon!

• Visited February 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Errington, Canada
“I thought it was overpriced and noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

Well I was not impressed by the menu or the lack of clothing worn by the waitresses. I have heard good reviews about this restaurant and can't figure out why. The food was average but the prices above average. The menu was very limited in my opinion. I thought the atmosphere was not very good, very noisy, cold, nothing special. I felt bad for the waitresses having to wear such short skirts, it looks bad and is sending quite a message. I would never suggest taking children to this place. I guess that the cactus club really caters to men not women. I will not be returning to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2014