“Never going back” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #169 of 282 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gift certificates available (any amount, no expiry), Gluten Free/Celiac options, Best Mediterranean food in town, Free ice cream for children, Big groups welcome.
“Never going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We Have been going for 5 years now, i always recommend to people always great food. last two times bad experiences.. first time went with my one year old son waitress was clearly annoyed and didn't even want to be there I eventually just left, second time ordered take out, food was cold and got half of what we usually get, when we called to advise couldnt even get a word out person on the phone kept cutting me off last time we went thought we would give them the benefit of the doubt and try one more time under staffed orders were wrong didn't even get the appetizer we ordered.. Had a terrible night and wasted our money.. Nothing was taken off the bill when confronting the owner basically said they are busy and stressed so sorry, we have good food though.. Not good enough.. It's customers that keep the business running and pay your bills they should always leave satisfied. word of mouth goes along way and I will no longer recommend your restaurant.. Your food is average and I can go somewhere else and have excellent food and excellent customer service all in one.. Times are rough if you want to run a business and keep a restaurant running maybe try a little harder with your customer service skills and hire more staff, not my problem you are stressed in the kitchen.. Went next door to Theresa's burgers and had an awesome time service and food were both great, had an excellent night and half the bill... Seeee yaaa!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Never Again!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The first time my husband and I had dinner here about a year ago we enjoyed it very much, a week later we took our daughter and grandson, service was terrible waitress was miserable, so put that up to a bad day, every restaurant has those. Ordered pick-up a few times, very good, but last time (five months ago) half the size of food order as what we normally received. Called to complain the owner/cook was yelling hung up on our daughter then my husband called, spoke to the owner/cook to let him know how disgusted we were with the overall experience/treatment. Tonight my daughter and I wanted to go for dinner, close to home, so stupidly we went to Alexandra's, waitress was friendly and so was hostess. "Management" are you listening, on Friday's your restaurant is full, you have one waitress working her butt off and your customers are getting pissed because who could possibly keep up??? Our dinner was so messed up did not get appetizer, wrong dinners etc. and yes we were polite and did complain. The cook/owner did come out of the kitchen to bring us our belated appetizer (the people beside us got it and they are assuming it is on the house which in fact it now is) and my daughter received her dinner when I was basically done and when the owner delivered her dinner had the nerve to question her what she actualy ordered and then blaimed it on the waitress for being wrong. When we were paying the bill could not have a copy, ewe, little bit sketchy, but could get a receipt of the total amount with some sort of HST stamp!!! We also asked any kind of discount, no answer all we were told by the owner sorry about your meal we are very short staffed and stressed in the kitchen. Really!! Not our problem, if that bad you should not be running a restaurant, seriously!!! I work hard for my money to go dine on a Friday and enjoy. If you do not have happy customers "for a valid reason, you fix it , so they will return" and finally shut up and quit with your excuses!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Really if anyone who lives here or visiting go to Asteras best food in Nanaimo, owners are awesome, food is amazing as well the service is incredible!! Worth the taxi fare if required!!!!!!!!!! Apparently that is what we should have done tonight!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Best "hot cheese"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We love it there - can't remember the name of the dish, but it's really good and so is the vegetarian ravioli

Visited December 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
“excellent value and quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have been going to Alexandra's since they opened 11 years ago and NEVER had a bad experience. I highly recommend the calamari, the lamb or chicken curry (on Wednesdays) as well as the moussaka.

Visited September 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
“The Best greek italian at the best price!!! Huge Quality portions @ fast food prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have been eating here for 8 years. Not a single bad meal ever. Alexandra's is a hidden Jewel on Vancouver island that you must try. Quality food and large portions. The owner is an actual Chef. Not some teenager re heating pre portioned meals from a factory. The food comes out fast and is the simply the best deal around. Famous for the lamb and chicken. But if you try the Curry it will blow you away. The whole menu is made from Scratch and is always fresh. When i entertain business or friends which is often... we always come back to Alexandra's. If you don't like the food here then there is something truly wrong with you.

• Visited July 2012