“Shh.......” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MGM Seashore Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nanaimo
MGM Seashore Bed & Breakfast
4950 Fillinger Crescent, Nanaimo, British Columbia V9V 1H9, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 33 Nanaimo B&B and Inns
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Shh.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

....let's all keep very quiet about this gem of a place with superb and creative breakfasts, stunning views and the lovable hosts so that we don't have to join a long waiting list for the inevitable next visit......

Room Tip: The King room is perfect for a family of 2 parents and 2 kids.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We spent three nights in the MGM Seashore Bed & Breakfast last April, and when we arrived we were welcomed as if we were old friends. Not only the welcome was warm, so was the stay: Glenn and Marilyn are such friendly and warm hearted people. The breakfasts we had together were memorable not only because of their company and the interesting conversations we had, but also due to the quality of the food, the choice when it came to what we wanted to have for breakfast, the great freshly made espresso, the memorable decoration (every day different porcelain, always 'in tune' with the colours of the food, the napkins - brilliant eye for detail). You'd be hard pressed to find such a delicious and at the same time esthetically pleasing breakfast elsewhere.

And then we didn't mention the house yet. We found the King's room to be spacious, tastily decorated and clean. The view from the window and the sun decks to be stunning.
The living room is cosy and well equipped, and there is plenty of information about the area to be found. Our hosts were more than happy to share their knowledge about the region with us and were generally extremely helpful.

Actually, three months later still, not a week goes by without thinking about the stay we had at MGM. This must be the best B&B I've visited until now. Glen and Marilyn have heart, and if home is where the heart is... This was just my first visit to Canada. Hope to come back soon!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Düsseldor, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights at theMGM Seashore B & B this June, and had an amazing time. The house is beautiful and we found the owner to be extremely friendly and welcoming

Room Tip: take the Holiday suite - great beach view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

i would echo the reviews posted by previous guests. My wife and I stayed in the sunset room for 2 nights during our recent visit to Vancouver Island and I could not have been more impressed. The breakfasts were excellent and Glen and Marilyn made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The view across the Strait of Georgia is spectacular and yes, there is plenty of wildilfe in and around the property including eagles, deers and other birds. A must stsy if you are in the Nanaimo area.

Carmel Valley, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

MGM B&B was one of the most romantic places my husband and I have ever stayed. The view was AMAZING and the room was fresh, clean and nicely decorated. Because there were no other quests in the second downstairs bedroom, we had the floor to ourselves, which made it a bit more private. The other room was suitable for guests with children, which I thought was a nice alternative for families. Marilyn and Glenn were welcoming hosts without being intrusive and I thoroughly enjoyed spending the evening upstairs chatting and learning more about the Nanaimo area. Breakfast was delicious and they even accommodated our early departure. I can't wait to return again some day when I'm sure it will feel even more like a visit to old friends.

Room Tip: If you want to insure quietude and maximize privacy, I would inquire if the downstairs room that acc...
Kispiox Valley, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

It seriously does not get better than MGM B&B! I do not really know where to start with this place. First I will begin with hosts. Marilyn and Glen are one of a kind. They are the most hospitable caring hosts you will ever meet. From the moment we arrived, we did not feel like a guest in their home, but old friends. The couple is truly amazing!
The rooms were also great. We had the two rooms on the middle floor (round room king and the other king room) I think we paid about 169.00 per room... and that included-beach front access and a beautiful walkway down to a lovely sitting area above the ocean, espresso, coffees, teas, juices (etc.), home-made nanaimo bars when we arrived!, a billiard table, hot tub on the beautiful deck outside the sliding glass doors from our room, big screen tv with satellite and movies, etc. etc. etc. I cannot continue to explain how perfect this place is and the people that come with it! We also saw bunnies and deer right in their yard (there are a lot!). The breakfast was divine! They made a delectable breakfast-all different for each of us! Truly amazing, with a lovely cappuccino!
Marilyn and Glen bring B&B expectations to a whole new level. If you are on the island (no matter where, i HIGHLY recommend their place!) Definitely check out their website! Amazing photos!

Room Tip: For sure the Honeymoon Room... AMAZING!
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had been planning a visit to the Vancouver area for a long time: our daughter was staying in Vancouver for one year. Finally my son and me decided to do the trip from Belgium and come to Canada. We saw the MGM Seashore B&B website before we arrived - but reality was more intense. We saw the elegant interior, the beautiful sunlight and sunsets, the wonderfully decorated breakfast plates. We smelled the delicous waffles, wild salmon and perfectly brewed coffee. We heard the ocean and the humming birds. The room was very spacious, the view from the deck was gorgious. We had a lounge, a hot tub, a TV, DVDs, a fridge etc at our disposal. This was great. But above all we were overwhelmed by the extremely warm welcome that Marilyn and Glenn gave the three of us - and by the caring support they gave our daughter when she was all by herself in Vancouver. I appreciate that very much. It is more than what I could have expected.
Denise Dictus , Belgium

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to MGM Seashore Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!