“fresh, creative, and delicious!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Power House Living Foods Co.

Power House Living Foods Co.
200 Commercial Street, Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 269 restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Vegan
Edmonton, Canada
“fresh, creative, and delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Today was my first time here and I will definitely be back!
All their food is raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, but that wasn't even why I stopped in. I was wanting a nice fresh lunch and I got more than I bargained for.
I ordered a delicious freshly squeezed juice, "Recharge": fresh orange, beet, carrot, celery, cilantro to go with my Falafel wrap. I've never had such a unique or tasty falafel or falafel wrap in my life! And the macadamia nut hummus inside was fantastic. I have to attach a photo I took with my phone to try and show you how beautifully presented the wrap was and so you can see how loaded it was with freshness.

Another thing I really appreciated, as soon as the young lady behind the counter knew it was my first time in their place, she explained some of the foods, the drinks, etc. so I could more easily make my decision. I notice she was also quite helpful to all the others who came after me and wanted to know what was in some of their dessert items.

I can hardly wait to go back and try something else!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
New Westminster, Canada
“Fresh Raw Lasagna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Asked for something fast to go. Got raw food lasagna. It was great. Got to say I am a bit of a meatavore but really enjoyed this raw vegetarian dish. Bursting with taste and may be the only food in the world I would describe as tasting of vitality and energy. Trippy maybe, but try it.

Visited May 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
“I love this place!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been to Powerhouse several times and have always received outstanding service and amazing meals. I highly recommend the Falafel wrap, and Nanaimo bar for desert!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“Value & customer service lacking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went with friends & left disappointed. The smoothies & juices were expensive for what we got; they were dominated by bananas, apples, & carrots to the exclusion of other nutritionally-dense ingredients. I also waited 15 minutes for my juice while the staff took care of customers who followed me. She clearly forgot, but didn't acknowledge it and continued to make me wait.

On the upside, the kale chips are delicious.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
nanaimo
“Won't Be Returning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Pleasant surroundings,great location.I found it to be very costly,although for this type of restaurant it can be expected. What made me upset was they forgot to make my drink.Last time they did the same thing with my partner ( her 1st visit ).They obviously need a better system of tracking customers orders!

• Visited March 2013