“Another fabulous meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Nanaimo, Canada
“Another fabulous meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Three of us dined at this bistro this past Saturday evening. All meals were fabulous. I had the halibut, which was the best-prepared fish I have eaten since my last fish meal at this restaurant. Service was excellent and the menu never fails to inspire great dining memories. Kudos to Gaeten and staff!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Lantzville, BC, Canada
“Lake-view Restaurant with Character”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of dining at this lovely restaurant in the sunshine on an outside patio overlooking a quiet lake. Although located in the city of Nanaimo, BC one feels that you are completely out in the quiet countryside. The menu is varied and nicely presented. The wine list has lots of choice, especially of VQA BC wines. My friend and I chose fresh halibut cooked to perfection. My wife had a wonderful roasted duck (imported from Quebec), and my friend's wife had a chicken dish, which she found to be excellent as well. Since we were going on to a private house party, we did not sample the desserts, but they looked very appealing. We will definitely be back for more. Altogether a most pleasant experience and the bill at the end was not shocking either.

“Almost absolutely perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I had an incredible lunch --the quiche of the day-- and it was so light yet rich that it almost tasted like a souffle. So often you can't get a great view and great food at the same time but in this case you can have your cake and eat it too. The waiter, Dave, was fantastic and helped make the atmosphere. My husband's mushroom soup was a disappointment --it tasted like broth in which the mushrooms had been cleaned but we have been there twice and the rest of the food has been outstanding so maybe the chef had a bad idea for the soup that day. Perched on a patio looking at the sun on the lake and eating great food with good service--it doesn't really get any better. It is on par with Quail's Gate in the Okanagan and we are so happy to have this outstanding restaurant in our own neighbourhood (somewhat). I would suggest better signage--we had trouble finding it as we are not from Nanaimo.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Nanaimo
“Getting it right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

What can I say? A beautiful restaurant overlooking the lake, a thoughtful menu and upbeat servers all combine to create one of the best dining experiences on Vancouver Island. Fabulous Bistro fare and the prix fixe is always a bargain and very worthwhile. Go.

Vermilion, Canada
“Fabulous food AND a great view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We discovered this restaurant by Googling 'Nanaimo Restaurants with a view', and were struck by the number of positive reviews posted by others. We just had to check it out, and the great reviews were absolutely true. We were impressed by the attractiveness of the room and the lovely lake view immediately, and then went on to be delighted with the delicious food and friendly professional service. We spent much of our lunch conversation discussing who else we should invite to eat with us here, and how soon could we come back! There's definitely more on the menu that we want to try next time!