“Best sleep ever!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn on Long Lake

Save Saved
You added The Inn on Long Lake to your Saves list
The Inn on Long Lake
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 North Island Highway, Nanaimo, British Columbia V9T 1W6, Canada   |
Special Offer
Free Continental Brkfst
Ranked #3 of 19 hotels in Nanaimo
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Best sleep ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've had the good fortune to spend a few nights over the past few years at The Inn on Long Lake and cannot say enough how amazing my sleep there was. The staff is so friendly and the beds...wow! Insanely comfy mattress and cozy thick duvet...no joke, the best sleep I can recall last week-EVER! The rooms are spacious, sparkling and have a gorgeous view of the lake. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
NanaimoManager, General Manager at The Inn on Long Lake, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thanks! I am so glad you had a great sleep while staying with us. I am sure that we will see you next time you are in town.

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

A great find in "suburban" Namaimo. All lake view rooms (ask for the highest floor), genuinely Pet friendly (as opposed to Pet Tolerant), with lovely green space surrounding the property. Room noise is slightly intrusive but tolerable. Communal breakfast area is a bit cramped but has a dedicated staff person continually freshening and cleaning. That, plus the addition of home-baked cookies in the evening shows an owner who has watched and learned from those positive tactics deployed by larger U.S. suite-style properties. Well done.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Your are right, we do love pets. It really brightens our day when our four legged guests stop by the desk to visit.
We are a bit further from the "excitement" ( good and bad) of downtown, but not so far out that its hard to get there. Many shops, restaurants, and businesses have located in North Nanaimo, and in our neighbourhood.
I am glad you liked the cookies. I love the smell of fresh baked cookies in the lobby in the evening. It makes it a little more like home.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have stayed here at least 3 times in the past. I love this hotel-come in summer from Oregon to stay. They make me AND my pet feel welcome. And darn, I forgot to ask what kind of mattresses are on the beds as they were so comfortable-no backaches here. I felt pampered.

• Stayed August 2012
NanaimoManager, General Manager at The Inn on Long Lake, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thanks for the great review! We are always happy to see our returning guests, and we all love animals, so we are always thrilled to welcome our four-legged guests too. They brighten our days too.
The beds? They are Simmons Westbury Plush II.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place is AWFUL!!!!!!!! Please do not stay here. I had the worst experience of my life. First, we arrived on Saturday afternoon and requested a late check out for Sunday (1pm). All was good, until the Front Desk was calling and knocking on our door at 11am on Sunday. The late check out was not properly logged. That was bad enough. But the real kicker is the $113.06 charge that has shown up on my American Express card. I had gotten the stomach flu on Saturday evening and got sick in the bathroom of our room. Turns out the General Manager (James Young) claims the carpets needed to be cleaned. And because he had to call in "special carpet cleaning" on a Sunday, I was rightfully due to be charged $113.06 (the cost of the room was $157). Upon asking for photos of the so-called vomit was that on the carpet, Mr. Young said he had them but would not send them to me. I have since put the charge into dispute with American Express. He was very unwilling to work with me and extremely rude. I have NEVER had an experience such as this one. I know hotel options are limited in Nanaimo, BC, but please, do yourself a favor, and find another place. Any place would be better, and I mean that sincerely.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NanaimoManager, General Manager at The Inn on Long Lake, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
I am glad you have taken the time to write this review. I think many guests will be pleased to know that when carpets are covered in vomit that we bring in professional carpet cleaners to ensure that they are 100% clean for our next guest. It does not seem fair to me that those "extraordinary costs" be passed on to our other guests.
I do apologize that our staff knocked on your door after 11am, but we certainly did not kick you out, and our records indicate that you did not check out until 2pm, with no charge for a late checkout. You did not mention to either the staff member that knocked on your door, or the Front Desk clerk when you checked out that there was a "cleaning" issue that needed to be dealt with immediately. I have to say, from the odour in the room, I do not know how you could have stayed in there from Saturday night when the incident occurred, until 2pm Sunday, but perhaps I have a sensitive nose that way.
I disagree on your argument that I was rude. I merely refused to be "blackmailed" by someone threatening to post bad reviews online.
Again, we do take the cleaning of our hotel seriously, and any time we find a room that has vomit on the carpet (and under the fridge, as well as over much of the bathroom) we take the proper cleaning and sanitizing of that very seriously. Any guest leaving the room in that condition should continue to expect to be charged an extra cleaning fee.
Vancouver BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Staff was always friendly. Room was large and clean. Beds were very comfortable. Kitchenette pretty basic. The down sides - walls were thin and we could hear the people above us clearly. The property lets guests smoke on the balcony. Nanaimo for some reason isn't inexpensive to stay at but we found this property was a bit pricey for what you get.

Room Tip: All rooms face the lake which is nice - I would ask for a room on the top floor so you don't hea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I think we have a great crew working here, and I'm glad that you think so too.
We don't hear a lot of comments about noise from neighbouring rooms, but it can happen (depending on the neighbours, of course). I am sorry it wasn't as restful as it could have been for your stay.
We do indeed allow smoking outside on balconies. It is certainly not a perfect scenario, but my research of other hotels indicates that smokers will do that, regardless of whether it is allowed or not unfortunately. Personally, I dislike smoking very much, but I do accept that a significant number of people still do smoke.
We certainly try to offer value for your dollars, and I think that we are very competetive in this market.
Once again, thank you for your comments. We do listen to our customers concerns and feedback to make our property even better.
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed one night there as we were ending our tour of Vancouver Island and thought this would be a convenient stop to take the ferry back to mainland in the morning. And what a lovely surprise! We arrived quite early so our room was not ready but the young lady at the reception has been all smiling, extremely nice and helpful and kept our luggage until we returned, a bit later.

The room was spacious, clean with a fridge, microwave, and a beautiful view on the lake, very relaxing.
The hotel is a bit far from the city centre but close to a shopping area (Shoppers Drug Mart and groceries among others) which is extremely convenient, and once again, our main concern was to take the ferry the morning after, which is a short distance drive.
Breakfast was included : the breakfast room is really on the small side, you have not much choice but the selection is good ;-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We staying just one night as a stopover ion Nanaimo and a place convenient for the ferry. What a great little place, with a really pleasant room, for us on the ground floor with a door leading out to the grass and the lake. Friendly staff and a great breakfast at a reasonable rate, awy from the bustle of the town but close to the freeway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am glad you found us, It is a pretty special lake, nestled on the lakeshore like we are, yet close to everything. I do hope in the future that you do more than stopover in Nanaimo. Its a great little city, from the Old Quarter shops, to the Harbourfront walkway, to our many wonderful parks-Pipers Lagoon Park is my favourite. And for more adventurous souls, we have incredible mountain biking trails nearby, or bungy jumping at Wildplay park.
Tjanks for stopping over, and taking the time to review us.

James Young

Been to The Inn on Long Lake? Share your experiences!