“Best Hotel Accomadation Experience I've Ever Had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Whitehouse on Long Lake Bed and Breakfast

Whitehouse on Long Lake Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nanaimo
Whitehouse on Long Lake Bed and Breakfast
You added Whitehouse on Long Lake Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
231 Ferntree Place, Nanaimo, British Columbia V9T 5M1, Canada   |
Ranked #14 of 31 Nanaimo B&B and Inns
Victoria
“Best Hotel Accomadation Experience I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Staying here was the most amazing travelling accommodation experience I've ever had. Marlene was very sensitive and accommodating to our allergen needs (gluten free). We were the only one's in the house that weekend so she upgraded us from the lower level room th the honey moon suite at no extra charge. To kick it all off, on our last day she dropped us off at a rendez-vous because she was running some errands at the same time. The small touches also made the difference. Tea light candles by the jacuzzi and even rose petals for the romantic touch. Every step of the way she went above and beyond and I will insist on staying with her every time I travel to Nanaimo.

Room Tip: Stay here. Its amazing.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My experience at The Whitehouse on Long Lake was an excellent place to stay. This was my first time to Nanaimo. Marlene the hostess is very gracious. I enjoyed the fact that you are able to pick out what you would like for breakfast from a menu and I was allowed to choose the time that wanted breakfast. My breakfast was scrumptious. I had Eggs Benedict and it was the best that I have ever tasted. The Presidential Suite was spacious, clean and condiments like tea, :& coffee, etc. were supplied in suite. The bed was very comfortable and in separate bedroom.. The rates are at an excellent price. I will definitely be back again. I;m looking forward to my next visit in July

Room Tip: Every room here is very spacious. The Presidental Suite is like having your own apartment.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We've been to The Whitehouse at least a dozen times. The setting is beautiful and the hostess, Marlene, outstanding! The breakfast is excellent, try the Orange French Toast, yummy. Marlene goes out of her way to make you feel welcome, at home and comfortable. You'll get your exercise walking up and down the stairs to the dock to take in the beauty of Long Lake.
We saw a large beaver swim by at night by way of a flashlight shining into the clear lake. Amazing! Or, you can do what my husband does and jump in the lake (anytime of the year) and follow it with a hot tub. Nice and relaxing.
Enjoy your stay:)

B&L

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The Whitehouse on Long Lake was superb. My new secret get away. Service was beyond excellent, food was great, ambiance was perfect. Great place for a romantic get away or a girls weekend. Would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed March 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Our third visit to the Whitehouse and it is always comfortable and inviting. We like the spacious First Lady Suite, with the huge bed and jacuzzi tub. It was such a treat to arrive at 3:00 PM and be served delicious homemade pastries alongside a pot of tea. Marlene is a gracious hostess; she welcomed us back like we were old friends. Lots of personal attention, whether for dining suggestions or points of interest in the area. The breakfast selection is extensive and everything we tasted was perfect. I have to rave about the croissants specifically. Don't pass those up, whatever you do! Since we were the only guests there at the time, we were invited to enjoy our breakfast downstairs at a cozy table tucked next to the huge window overlooking the lake. February might not be the most popular time to visit Nanaimo, but Whitehouse makes it a wonderful getaway.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We loved the house and the room. Very unique and very romantic ! The hostess Marlene is giving you a choice of a large selection of breakfast and serves it into your room at the time you like it.Very nice food and very good and friendly service.We plan to go there again soon.

Room Tip: The First Lady room is very nice and large
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Inglis, Manitoba, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

After arriving I quickly went to London Drugs and bought cleaning supplies. there were cob webs in all the corners, a leaky tub full of hair and filthy floors. It looks nice from the outside but ends there. The decor is from about 1994 and is extremely tacky. The breakfasts however were excellent. The small noisy dogs that came into our room each time we opened the door was a real turn off too. We checked out early without a problem...I left behind my cleaning supplies and hoped they got the hint.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
whitehouse0, Owner at Whitehouse on Long Lake Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
As the owners and management of The Whitehouse , I apologize to our guests for not providing satisfying accommodation for them and their family. Unfortunately we were not on premise at this time as we were out of town for a family emergency. The operation of the B&B during my absence was handled by partime staff called in to take over with very short notice. The issues mentioned have all been addressed as this is not acceptable under any circumstance and is not our mandate of operation at The Whitehouse. As always if a customer is not satisfied we would like to have the opportunity to once again be of service to them by offering a complimentary stay with us.
Respectfully,
The Management

Been to Whitehouse on Long Lake Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!