“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 31 Nanaimo B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were traveling through on bikes and booked this place in advance, thank goodness! We ended up extending our stay an extra day just because the amenities were so wonderful. We spent our day off lakeside, and took out the canoe for a spin around the lake. Beautiful location. Very friendly owners! They helped us find our next stopping place, and book our ferry ride from Victoria to Seattle. Breakfast was tasty as well. I'd definitely stay here again if I were to ever come back to Vancouver Island!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
LongLakeWaterfrontBB, Owner at Long Lake Waterfront B&B, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed our property enough to book an extra night with us. We enjoy sharing our Island with visitors and showing our local knowledge to maximize your experiences in your short time with us. Bike back anytime :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
West Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I moved to Vancouver from South Africa 30 years ago. Whenever family from South Africa visit me I want them to understand why I could not leave BC. Our three nights in the Lakeside suite started our tour of Vancouver Island, and Gordie and Janice helped me demonstrate why I had to stay. Their beautiful home on the lake, the perfect suite with its picture windows overlooking the lake, their friendly conversation, scrumptious breakfasts and helpful tips for sightseeing demonstrated the best of Canadian hospitality. I told my friends about this B&B, and I know I will return.
Marleane

Room Tip: For the best of the best, choose the Lakeside suite.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hosts and the suite are all excellent. We had a great time paddling the complimentary kayaks and paddle-boat (didn't have time to try the canoe), and the girls did a little swimming in the lake. Nanaimo and the nearby Parksville-Qualicum area are very scenic.

Room Tip: The four of us stayed at the Lakeside suite, with our two girls (age 12 and 15) sleeping on the sofa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the lakeside room for two nights. We decided this was not long enough and hope to go back sometime soon.

Breakfast - we have traveled bed and breakfasts all over the continent and Gordie's service and quality rank in the highest we have ever expereienced. The freshness, portions, and care he puts in the meal deserves the 5 stars we are giving it. Tis b and b encourages structured eating times and this wasn't a problem.

Room- The pictures on the internet don't do it justice. We have traveled the globe and the room from this room should be on the cover of travel magazines. The Internet connection was good as was the multi room layout.

Gordie and Janice are excellent hosts and really took the time upon arrival to make us feel welcome.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Doha, qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We changed our plans to stay around Long Lake, Gordie and Janice are fantastic hosts, couldnt spend enough time helping with advice, things to do as well as a personal tour of the lake thrown in... great facilitys 5* rooms aswell as use of the hot tub and boats!! We will defo be back and fully recommend a visit!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We normally are constantly on the go during a vacation, but since I'm considering a move to the island I thought we'd use Nanaimo as a base for a couple of days. When I saw the pictures I knew immediately that I could see myself relaxing on the dock with a glass of wine contemplating the big move. After speaking to Janice, my wife was onboard with her first B&B experience. We took the Madrona suite, which was very large and comfortable. Gordie and Janice were great hosts and seem to really enjoy meeting guests from all over the world. The other rooms were booked, but only met the one couple from Germany and I enjoyed talking to them about their life back home etc. I find it much easier to talk to people at a B&B then at a hotel, yet when we wanted quiet time it was easily found. Stunning views, great breakfast and a good nights sleep - what more could you ask for? It was a quick drive to Parksville to see the sand castle competition and the drive from Victoria was a snap. Gordie provided a few coupons for discounts as various establishments and we appreciated his advice on what to do in the area. I'd love to go in the fall. Use the boats and enjoy the lake or just take in the mountain and lake .... awesome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

This B&B is all we had hoped for! Clean, exceptional view, quiet, relaxing and great hosts. Don't think twice. Book now!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Long Lake Waterfront B&B? Share your experiences!