“A nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dawett East Indian Cuisine

Dawett East Indian Cuisine
1435 Ellis St, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 2A3, Canada (Formerly Dawett East Indian Cuisine) (Central City)
+1 250-717-1668
Neighborhood: Central City
Vancouver, Canada
“A nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Being an Indian and very wary of Indian restaurants in vacation locations my expectations were not very high. Researched the 3 main Indian restaurants and thought this was most likely of the lot to be authentic. Fortunately I was proved right and food was way above expectations.

Ordered many veggie entrees with spice level of 3 which will be hot enough for most. I ordered a chicken dish at a 6 which even for me who loves the really hot mind blowing chilli sauces was super hot but the raita helped mild it down a touch. Serves me right for being super brave!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Good food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good Indian fare with generous servings. Food quality? Remarkable and very friendly staff. A must visit restaurant if one tires of Western food. Absolutely worth it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Great Experience as well as the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We are visiting our daughter here in Kelowna, but we live in Ontario, so we were pleasantly surprised at how great this restaurant is. The food was outstanding, the service and atmosphere all were excellent. There were five of us dining, and we all enjoyed our meal immensely. The naan was superb as well. We definitely will be returning when we are visiting Kelowna again!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chilliwack, Canada
“Best Indian Food in Kelowna!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Have tried many items on the menu all of which were completely, 100% satisfying! I have been numerous times and would highly recommend this restaurant. The egg plant bartha was amazing and of course you have to try the chili chicken! I could eat anything on the menu and I would not be disappointed. I have always had friendly service at Dawat and will continue to go back whenever I am in town.

• Visited September 2012
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Still awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went again and had a variety of foods. My dinner partner does not like spicy food, told the waiter this and was happy with his curry meal. Everything was excellent!

• Visited June 2013