“Great Food, really good specials” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Good for: Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Victoria, Canada
“Great Food, really good specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I ate here three times during a recent trip to Kelowna.

Service was friendly, and the food was good. Dinner specials were remarkably good value.

Sports pub atmosphere, with two large projector screens.

I would go here again!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
canada
“Stay away at night !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

When we entered the pub it was quiet. Not a lot of people were inside.
After ordering our meals we heard a lot of profanity coming from the kitchen. Geez !! Sorry to have bothered you Chef.
Next time we will go where we are wanted.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Unwanted Olive Pitts- Disgusting!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were a group of seven and arrived at the pub on a Sat. night at about 18:30. The wait person was somewhat injured making her progress up and down about 12 stairs difficult. Service was very, very slow with people at a table next us also complaining. The wait person was also very mixed up about who ordered what.

Finally our drinks came and so we placed our orders.

After an unusually long wait of at least 30 minutes, the first or our order came. We doug in while the food was hot with other members of our table watched. Begging for forgiveness, our table mates understood. After another 10 minutes, their order came.

We were then given our main meals which consisted of the Jimmy the Greek Wrap. On the second bite, I encountered an olive pitt. OK, a mistake but on the subsequent bite, my teeth hit another olive pitt; each was bare and without its olive. What caused this, I wondered? Did they accidentally fall in the mix or did the cook chew on a couple of olives and spit them in my mix?

I couldn't finis the wrap. I waited for about another 20 minutes until the wait person came by to 'check' on our meals and when asked, I told her about the olive pitt discovery. The other members of my party didn't want to speculate on how the olive pitts got there.

I was offered 50% of the sandwich which I accepted but today, the next day, and upon reconsideration, I should have refused to pay for it at all.

Believe me when I say that there WILL NOT BE A NEXT TIME!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna, Canada
“Cheap Pub Food, In a Good Way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I used to bring our friends to Mickie's whenever we could, now we have kids and can't get in. We have taken the kids and sat on the patio in the summer, but it feels a little hood taking the little ones to the pub when the patio is where the smokers hang out. I usually always got the steak sandwhich and enjoyed it. The steak was the kind of steak you put on a steak sandwhich. In 19 years when the kids are big, I'll be coming here again all the time, until then it will have to be work lunches whenever I can duck out and make it to mickies for a cheap meal!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna, Canada
“Outside Patio Great! - Inside leaves more to be desired!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My family has been going to Mickie's almost every Monday for as long as I can remember. Mickie's is known for their Monday burger special Beef or Chicken burgers with cheese & bacon with fries or caesar. $4.50. It use to be a lot better they have changed the products they used and it's just not as good. Still a good value though.

The outside patio in the spring and summer is so nice. Private but large enough to hold big groups. Patio space is Family friendly! Kids are welcome on the patio just not inside! Lots of hanging baskets and misters on the really hot days. It's tucked away behind the hotel so its never to busy to get a table and service is usually pretty good!

The inside of the pub is very very dark, old carpet and even older decor, Much like most older pubs in Kelowna. The rest of the food on the menu is just okay, would taste much better if they weren't afraid of using some spices!

One last thing to add is the portions are Very large. The starter greek salad (Even though its made with lettuce is huge) and the pasta dishes is enough to take half home for left overs.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Katja O, Manager at Mickie's Pub, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments.
It's so nice to hear that your family enjoys our family friendly, garden patio so much.
In regards to your comments regarding our Monday special, we have only changed our grilled chicken to a breaded chicken burger. There were no changes made to the beef burger or your choice of fries or Caesar salad (homemade dressing)
We have recently upgraded our inside pub with new 10 foot screens and HD projectors along with a new sound system and they have been very well received.
We welcome your ideas regarding changes in decor and food selection. Please forward your comments to katja@rpbhotels.com.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Katja Oldendorf