“This place needs Gordon Ramsey” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #182 of 529 Restaurants in Kelowna
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“This place needs Gordon Ramsey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant a number of times. I like their patio as much as I like any other patio in Kelowna.
The issue is, like other reviewers have pointed out, it's just not worth it. My beer was warm, my wife's white wine was warm, our glasses were dirty and the food was awful. If you are ever in notice the amount of flies that fly around the restaurant - even in the winter. Not a good sign of cleanliness. In fact, I have a friend that is a chef at one of Kelowna's nicest restaurants now who shared with me the terrible state of the kitchen.
Do yourself a favor and stay North by going to The Fixx, Cabana's, The El or Manteo.
Trust me.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, BC
“$1.95 For Water With Lime!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have given this restaurant the benefit of the doubt on three separate occasions, thinking that each visit was an off night. Well...THREE STRIKES YOUR OUT! Every meal we have had at this establishment has been sub par, to put it politely. The last straw was my wife's birthday dinner when I was charged $1.95 for a glass of water with lime juice. I asked for water with lime, which I have done at every restaurant I have visited for the past 38 years and never before have been charged. I questioned the waitress about the charge thinking it was an error. She came back a few minutes later saying the bar manager refused to deduct the charge from the bill. I emailed the owner twice over the period of a few months but never heard back.

This is the last time we will ever visit this restaurant.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Friends were taking me out for my birthday dinner.
Beer and white wine were not cold, server brought out wine cooler with ice. It never did get chilled.
3 out of 5 of us ordered the special which was Mahi Mahi. It was so overdone, we called the server over to complain. She offered to take the beer off the bill. When my friend called the owner the next day, he said the server said we had eaten all the fish and we had told her it was good. That was not the truth. He believed the server and not his clients and offered my friend a $20.00 gift certificate. What a joke.
Never again will we go back, we have told so many people not to eat there. Bad publicity goes a long way in this town. I agree with Zrhem....owner just out to make a buck, does not take
responsibility for staff. Never again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna, Canada
“Excellent meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Panko Tuna;Crab Crusted Salmon w/Garden Pea Risotto; Mediterranean Bass Fillet w/Quinoa Crab Cake. All amazing!
Dinner with my husband & granddaughter. We all shared the Panko Tuna with Seaweed salad - amazingly fresh and delicious. Great way to start the meal! My husband had the Mediterranean Sea Bass with Grilled Summer Squash & Organic Quinoa Crab Cake. Again very good. I shared - with my little granddaughter, the Crab Crusted Coho Salmon with Garden Pea Risotto which was absolutely delicious. The fish was cooked perfectly and the risotto was creamy and smooth. Delicious meal! The Quinoa Crab Cake was very creative and quite delicious. I would recommend arriving before 6pm. The service is much better at that time. Servers get a bit crazy after that. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Owner is out to make a buck and does not take responsibility for staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

We went to the restaurant for the 7th year in a row only to find that the menu Prices had gone up substantially. However, we are willing to Pay for good food and good service. Unfortunately, the waitress neglected to mention the ITalian sausage in the l ch spe ial and luckily we noticed it before eating. - she had mentioned the chirizo which we had requested to leave out. My two kids ordered from the children's menu for 8.75 each for a small bowl of pasta for one and a burger for the other. Sides were a couple of dollars more. When requesting the drink that was included in the children's special, the waitress said that the valley? smoothie was popular so we got those as drinks. When the bill came, we were charged $10 for the smoothies which the kids did not drink - they had NOT been included in the child's menu. When advising the owner that we had requested a drink for the kids from the kids menu and this is what the waitress suggested, he refused to adjust the price and instead told us "we need take responsibility" for what we order. He should be the one taking responsibility for what his staff is telling the clientele. Not sure if he was stingy or Prejudice but he was a REAL JERK. Would not go back there again. Thank God we did not get to meet him in the previous years

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere