“Ordering a steak should be cooked to order, yes?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Duffers Restaurant and Lounge

Duffers Restaurant and Lounge
1959 KLO Rd., Kelowna, British Columbia V1W 2H8, Canada (South Pandosy - K.L.O.)
250.860.3233
Improve this listing
Ranked #376 of 544 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: European, Continental, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: South Pandosy - K.L.O.
Kelowna
“Ordering a steak should be cooked to order, yes?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I will not dine here again as what kind of chef can screw up a medium ordered steak with a rare steak as that how mine came!!! Pretty bad!

Visited September 2011

Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Food not bad, service friendly, really low end crappy beer on tap.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Just about says it all. Slowly getting betters, needs to get some decent beers on tap. Sleemans? Tree?

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna
“The Biggest Disappointment I Have Ever Experienced!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Where do I even begin? Let me just state before I start that this was the worst, WORST restaurant I've ever visited, the entire night was actually so bad that it has inspired me to write this very passionate review.. So brace yourself it's going to be a long one:

First things first, we were seated then basically ignored for pretty much the entire night. The restaurant itself had been barely filled and there was two servers on staff, which was our waitress and the owner of the place and of course the two lousy "chefs" in the back. After sitting at our table for 15 minutes without being acknowledged we started trying to flag down our waitress but it was no use, the upsetting part was that she even looked at us a few times as were waving her over and that STILL didn't help because she just continued doing what she was doing. Our entire party was getting so fed up with the lack of consideration and courtesy, sitting there for 20 minutes now without being ask for a drink or even given a menu- in fact we had to find our own menus ourselves. Finally the owner came to us because he had noticed all of us trying to get her attention numerous times. We place our order and that where the real disappointment begun.

This is what we ordered:
Thia Chicken Satay's (to start)
2 Chicken Strips with fries
2 Chicken Ceasar Wraps with fries
Chicken Ceasar Salad
Hot Chicken Wings
Beef Dip with Melted Swiss Cheese with a French Onion Soup.

After our drinks had came it was back to being ignored again and we waited over an hour before being served the first meal which happened to be one of the chicken caesar wraps that came with over cooked fries that had sat for to long so it turned completely cold and had hardened. Gross. A few minutes went by then the next meal was boughten out: one of the chicken strips and fries that were actually surprisingly warm and served right. After another few minutes goes by the second chicken caesar wrap came out except it wasn't a chicken caesar wrap at all it was a BLT wrap so that was sent back to the kitchen. Next out was our Appetizer (that was supposed to be first..) had finally arrived!. I was so hungry I grabbed one of the skewers and dug in only to find that the satays were so cold it seemed like they had just came out of the fridge and also they tasted a bit odd and when I investigated I was horrified to find out that they ALL were completely and I mean completely RAW!! What the chef did was stuck the skewers in a steamer and took them out obviously way too soon burnt the end of the sticks too make it look grilled then slathered sauce on them. It was so unbelievable that it took that long to get food that wasn't even cooked! Next up, the hot wings that were sooo incredibly hot and laced with chillies that is was unbearable to eat, we all joked about what the 'suicide' wings must be like seeing as the hot wings were more than just hot. Shortly after we got the chicken caesar wrap again, and AGAIN it wasn't the wrap we ordered they had actually gave us the exact same wrap that we sent back only they just waited another 5 minutes to do so! The fact that they tried to say it was the chicken caesar wrap even know one person at the table ordered the same meal and the two wraps looked nothing alike! So basically the BLT wrap sat at the table untouched for the rest of the night. With the unwanted blt wrap meal came my sisters beef dip and french onion soup, all in all the meal looked good but what a surprise! the sandwich was cold and the thin cheese slices was still perfectly unmelted to add they didn't give her a spoon to eat her soup with. Another 5 minutes or so go by and all there's left to be served was the caesar salad with chicken and the second chicken strips. Only the the salad came out but my mom which had ordered it was so turned off she completely lost her appetite and never ate it. When the salad was dropped off we did ask for a spoon but sure enough it was forgotten so one of us walked into the kitchen and grabbed one for my sister. As you can tell the service was terrible. So 10 minutes go by again and no strips, the owner walked by so many times but didn't think to ask if I got them or not even when he was the one that took my order. In the mist of all this the raw chicken satays still sat on the table without being taken away and by that time I was so upset I grabbed the satays and stormed into the kitchen. There was two chefs both looked pretty grungy and one of them had long hair with no hair net nor was it even tied back! I grabbed the attention of one of them looked at him and said your chicken is RAW! and walked out. I never did get my meal.

In the end the owner did come and apologize it was sincere however it would of been nice to be spoken to way sooner but I do understand he must of been so embarrassed he took off all our meals and we paid 38 bucks for the drinks. We still gave another 5 as a tip for the sincere apology.

I highly recommend not going to this restaurant as you can see the experience was beyond bad (unless of course you want salmonella food poisoning! and want to wait over an hour and 30 minutes to get all your food !) Needless to say It most defiantly will be the last time we ever will go to Duffers.

• Visited February 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Westbank, BC
“Consistently good food, good service, good prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Mission Creek Golf Course is my favourite place to go and play and we usually stop in at Duffer's for lunch or dinner after a game. The service is always friendly, quick and the food is delicious!

• Visited July 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Decent food, nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008