“Clean & quiet, convenient location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Kelowna

You added Howard Johnson Kelowna to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Kelowna
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2639 Hwy 97 North, Kelowna, British Columbia V1X 4J6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Clean & quiet, convenient location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed several nights. Lowest rate in the city at the time. Standard rooms, king beds available. Quiet room, front rooms may be noisy due to traffic. Rooms in the rear very quiet.
Coffee machine, shampoo/conditioner not included, but freshly washed towels and soap changed daily. Sheets however not changed....until the end of your stay, unless requested. (!)
Breakfast of toast, waffles, cereal, or some fruit, along with tea/coffee/juice included in the rate. This is a great help to get you started for the day without leaving the premises.
Staff are helpful.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Richmond, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I was quite disappointed with my stay at this location. This is for four different reasons:
1. The unit beside mine had people coming and going all through the night, possibly due to illegal activity.
2. I tried to check out at 8am and there was no one in the office and it took 20 minutes before someone showed up.
3. The security was poor and in fact in two places there were full sets of keys just hanging in the door or on the desk.
4. Finally, my biggest concern, and perhaps a huge breach of privacy, was the fact that there were months if not years of credit card receipts and invoices with private information just piled up on the desk.

Pull all of this together and this site is a nightmare waiting to happen.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2015

Calling it a hotel is a bit of of a stretch.Stayed here on the 6th. Small compact room. T.V was good, lots of channels. No coffee maker or coffee in room. Had to go to the continental breakfast from adjacent to the front desk. Not much of a selection, went to Denny's instead. 79$ for the night. Kelowna's a rip off to begin with, so that's par for the course

• Stayed January 2015
Banff, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

This 'motel' is very poorly run - mismanaged and not worth the trouble to stay in. If there was a lower rating then 1 being terrible it would quailify.

When we first arrived we asked to view a room as we were a little uneasy about the location and condition of the hotel - the room seems okay - a few things out of place but nothing we couldnt manage to get over.

Later in the evening we had a maintenance issue with the room - the toilet had plugged. We informed the front desk of the situation and they would not bring a plunger to the room stating that we would lose our damage deposit if we didnt come to the front desk and locate a plunger. I've stayed in many hotels and never been asked to come collect and plunge my own toilet. When the water started coming over the top of the toilet the front desk staff advised we would be losing out 200$ incidental fee - Excuse me, this is clearly a maintenance issue and should have been handled forthwright by the hotel.

An hour later after the toilet was flooding the hotel owner barged into our room threatening us with physical violence for arguing with his daughter the night audit lady for the toilet issue. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - we called the RCMP who had to come mitigate the situation - we got our damage deposit and money back and relocated to the Delta Grande Okanagan Resort and Conference Centre - best decision -

Avoid this Hotel! - at all cost

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Canmore, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

Upon check in we were pre-authorized an extra $200 for our stay. When I inquired about it, the man at the desk, who I would presume is the owner/manager of the hotel, gave me a look like "yeah duh" and told me it was standard for incidentals. Standard, yes, but $200 is steep. I assume he did this because we were young and were planning on staying over new years and he assumed we were going to trash his hotel by throwing a rager. No, we were here to take in some wineries, sir.

He gave us our room keys which had our room numbers written in sharpie on them. My fear was that if I lose a card somebody can enter my room at night. It seemed like a great inconvenience for him to wipe that off. He did, however, make sure to tell us to bring the keys back at the end of our stay otherwise we would be charged $5 for a new key. We didn't realize our keys were made from gold.

We checked into our room and checked it over. I counted five hairs in the bathtub. The paint is peeling from the walls. Spider webs all over the windows. A few hours later our toilet plugs, which was my fault. I called the desk asking for a plunger and the girl, who I later found out was the man's daughter, told me that they don't have any plungers and that because I had plugged the toilet they would be charging me my $200 damage deposit. So I asked to speak to the manager and was told he was not available. A plunger should have been delivered to my room. I did not ask you to plunge the toilet, I asked for you to bring me one so I can do it myself. I asked for some customer service. After we argued with her to find a solution, the manager stormed into our room, slammed the door behind him, and told us we threatened his daughter by saying we wanted better service. Fine. So we got the police involved, who were able to get my $200 back.

We took our business to the Delta Grand and had such an amazing stay there, I don't even know why I booked at the Hojo in the first place. Whoever that man was should not be running hotels.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Howard Johnson Kelowna? Share your experiences!