“So Dissapointed . . . . just terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Dragon King

The Dragon King
430 Harvey Avenue, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 6C4, Canada (Central City)
250 861-1305
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #317 of 503 restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Neighborhood: Central City
Kelowna, Canada
“So Dissapointed . . . . just terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have eaten here twice before. Both times was on Christmas Day, and it was a mediocre experience, but we were grateful to find something open on a holiday. Based on that experience, we decided to try Dragon King on a normal night. What a mistake. We went there two days ago hoping to try some Peking Duck, something we have sorely missed since moving to Kelowna. We came in through the door and were studiously ignored for at least five minutes. There were several large abandoned tables with half eaten food on them. It looked like customers had finished eating, but no one had bothered to clean up the tables. I did spy in the back one table for two that was clean. Finally, someone came up to us and we said we'd like a table for two. We were told there were no tables available. I was so annoyed, we just walked out. I think this place survived on bus tours from the lower mainland, and the owners are not in the least bit interested in other customers. Anyway, that is the last time we will ever try to go there. Try somewhere else if you are looking for Chinese food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

25% Recommend
Kelowna, Canada
“Worst Restaurant I have ever eaten at. NEVER EAT HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Waited for a long time before food was ready. Preplanned meeting with friends for dinner. Celia was rude and ignored us as she walked around the restaurant - supposedly the boss.... The food was of poor quality, greasy and tasteless. This restaurant was a waste of time and money.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nanaimo BC
“Best Chinese food I've had...charming service with Celia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was taken to Dragon King by my parents (them=early 80's, me= mid 50's),for dinner for 5. They were very pleased with a dinner at this restaurant the week before with a dinner for 9. Celia was happy to provide menu items or throw together a special combo for us based on our preferences and spice heat to taste. We loved the food,served piping hot. Very nice atmosphere with gas fireplace and tastefully decorated. Service was very efficient and friendly. Would love to come here again when in town!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna
“Waste of time and money!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I went for dinner with my two boys, thinking this would be a special treat. It was our first time going here. The kids wanted buffet but when we arrived we realized it was menu only. The decor was very nice so we thought we would give it a try. We were seated fairly quickly and there were only two other occupied tables at that time. The first waitress asked what we'd like to drink and we said we would START with waters. Our water came and we waited and waited for her to ever come back for our food order. Finally she returned and we ordered spring rolls to start. It was 20 mins for them to even arrive! I figured we better order the rest right away if the appies took that long. Then the waiting game again... So our wonton soup showed up first, that was fine, and then we waited for our chow mien to arrive. Which showed up with a different waitress. I asked her to wrap up the soup and I never saw it again.. Then our sweet n sour pork came and finally our honey garlic chicken. All at different times. I had let my fork go with the spring roll plate and asked for a new one. I never received a new fork, we never got asked if we'd like anything else to drink besides water, and no one EVER came back to check on us the rest of the night!! The place was filling up, people were waiting forever for take out, there were tables full of dirty dishes and people lined up waiting to pay. The people that sat down beside us waited 10 mins and never got their drink order taken and ended up walking out. We sat and waited for what seemed like forever for the waitress, the bill or a take out container.. By this time I was so mad we stood up to put our coats on and she finally came over to us. She asked if she could bag the leftovers up and I told her I would do it myself. After getting containers and cleaning up we stood and waited for someone to come to the till. There was no one to be seen. Again after waiting (and contemplating a dine and dash) we paid (leaving NO deserved tip) and left. Feeling very upset, discouraged and frusterated... NEVER AGAIN will I go here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“The worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This has to be the worst place I have ever eaten at.The service is horrible,the staff walks around and seem to ignore the customers.
The food is not good,it's greasy and when you order an appie you get everything at once.I thought an appie was supposed to be eaten first.And than when it is time to pay good luck finding anyone to take the money.
There are many resturants in Kelowna that are very good.At the rate this one is going they won't be around long.

• Visited October 2012