“Great little gem!” 5 of 5 stars

CANADA
15 attraction reviews
“Great little gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

A cute little creamery with the best goat cheese gelato EVER!!! The drive to the creamery is nice and well worth it :)

Visited September 2011

Winnipeg, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Over-rated for young families”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We anticipated going on a tour to see how they made cheese with our two young kids. We took the longish drive from West Kelowna only to find out you have to pre-book a tour with a minimum of 8 people. That was not mentioned in the Kelowna tourist pamphlet we had. I would not recommend this for families - instead go cherry picking at Mike and Lizzy's - it is on the way!

Visited August 2012
Spruce Grove, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Great place for a quick lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stopped into Carmelis as per recommendations of a local friend. We ordered a couple of panini's (must try the honey/brie/apple) and while we waited the girl went through and let us sample several types of cheese which was delicious! We finished off the meal with goat milk gelato which was pricey but worth cost!!!

Visited August 2012
Kelowna, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Great cheese, cute goats.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Try the "heavenly" cheese and both the "dolce latte" and "lemon" ice cream flavors. This place blows me away every time.

Visited July 2012
Winfield, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Don't go after 500 even though they say open till 6 !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Was off work at 430 so drove as quickly as we could to get up there before they closed at 6pm as listed on the website and when I called to ask closing time. We got there at about 515, was with my 2 year old too so we let her watch the goats and walked around a bit. Didn't want to purchase our cheese until right when we were going to leave because it was so hot out. Went into the building at 529, watched as the employee finished up samples with a couple and put them into the fridge then I asked her if we could sample some. She said no, at 530 samples stop. We looked at our phone it was 534 !! It was just us 2 and my 2 year old, so not like a big line up to end and she didn't tell us when we walked in she saw us waiting around before 530 to tell us after 530 that it ends at 530. And even if we got there a bit earlier a big tour group was just leaving so we would have had to wait for them anyways and pushed us over the 530 cut off. She said she could verbally tell us about the cheeses though so we stood there as she tried to explain them. She made one sound like I wouldn't like it - and it was actually my favorite. She made one sound really good and we bought it and it was not my taste at all I only ate one piece. So do NOT buy unless you can sample!! But not too sure since she stood there talking why she couldn't have just let us sample considering we were buying for sure, not just sampling and leaving. We didn't want to complain at the time or make a scene but it really left a bad taste in my mouth and wish there would be more advertising about sampling ending at 530. Apparently the woman who runs it or owns it does guided tours for 5$ so maybe that would be nice because I am sure she would have much more customer service skills. Not sure but no good reviews coming from us. With that said - if the customer service was more accommodating I am sure it would have been a good experience. Just make sure you come early or not at a busy time, not when the girls are eager to get out of work ;)

Visited July 2012