“Badly needing a reno...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 51 Attractions in Kelowna
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
Prince George, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Badly needing a reno...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My daughter and her 3 young kids (6, 4, & 10 mos) were looking for something fun and memorable to do during our few days visiting Kelowna. The 18 hole mini golf was fun, but the arcade games were very tired, some games were out of order and we couldn't wait to sanitize our hands afterwards. It had the feel of a community fun center, we were expecting something on a much higher level.

Visited June 2013

7 attraction reviews
“Good Place to Beat the Weather and your best scores!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Scandia is a legend in Kelowna and is the go-to place for mini-golf, video games, go-carts and batting cages.

Although the establishment is well on in its years, it is well maintained and well managed.

We have been to many a birthday party and family outing and will continue to go back.

PS Our entire family enjoyed the PIZZA ... not gourmet but really really tasty!

Visited May 2013
Calgary Alberta
10 attraction reviews
“reminds me of the old school family fun centers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I don’t have kids but my girlfriend and I love stopping in here every time we are in Kelowna. The combo of coins, go karts and mini golf are a fun way to spend some time outdoors in the evening. The mini golf course is fun complete with the annoying windmills. The go karts are slow but fun to play around with. And the batting cages are a great way to spend the tokens.

Visited May 2013
Terrace, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“The 80`s Arcades are gone but Scandia is fun all the same”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Golden age of Arcades is dead. When I walk around this arcade that I spend countless hours in during the 80`s I see old Cabinets such as TRON, Pacman, Sinistar, and Defender that have been converted to crappy fighting games. That being said Scandia still has a lot to offer, they still have the mini jungle golf and my family enjoys this very much. The best game in the place is Deal or No Deal my family and I had a blast playing this and spent the most time at this game. Next we really enjoyed the Pinball machines, unfortunately they need repair and are setup very fast. The Star Wars pin2000 pinball machine was in the best shape and very fun to play. Each time we go to Scandia we are hoping they will have one of the new Stern Pinball machines but they don`t seem to ever buy them, too bad.

On a sour note the manager or owner a guy in his 50`s was a total [--] to his employees. He explained something to his employee in front of me and when she didn`t understand he called her stupid and a few other names. I jumped into the conversation and politely told the gentleman that I must also be [--] stupid as I didn't`undertand either what he was asking of her. He quickly agreed with me that I was stupid mumbled under his breath and walked away, life is too short so I had a chuckly with the young staff member he had just belittled.

If you want to enjoy the games and enjoy a busy atmosphere go on a Friday night, it`s very busy. The games we enjoyed most were, the Pinballs, Deal or No Deal, the big MAME machine running the old school Arcade games, and the many driving games. The food was good and we also had a nice laugh and enjoyed the Monkey time theater, other than the rude manager I would recommend a night out at Scandia.

Visited April 2013
British Columbia
“Good fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Lot's of fun for the kids, everyone always enjoys the outdoor golf and the indoor mini golf. Although it's definitely due for a bit of an update!

Visited March 2013