“GREAT EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Okanagan Stables

Okanagan Stables
3269 North Westside Road, Kelowna, British Columbia V1P 1H8, Canada (Highway 97)
250-317-5030
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 101 Activities in Kelowna
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback Riding at it's best since 1987! From novice to advanced rider, for children as young as 2 years old to seniors all are welcome! Whether you simply would like to meet the horses, learn about the grooming and saddling, improve your horsemanship skills or just enjoy this beautiful area on horseback, we can create the right experience for you. Riders of different skill levels can be accommodated in the same group. OUR MOST POPULAR PROGRAM IN JULY AND AUGUST IS THE RIDE AND SWIM AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO RIDE OR SWIM!!
Coquitlam, Canada
“GREAT EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

After several months of be asked, we finally got our 7 yr old daughter (& 10 yr old son) on a horse! The four of us mounted up, got a quick lesson, and rode on the dusty trail. What a great experience! Fun friendly staff made learning very easy. Easily the highlight of our Okanagan trip.

Stuttgart, Germany
“Great experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We (my boyfriend and I) spent some time in Kelowna and were glad not to have missed visiting Okanagan Stables.
Christina and Peter showed me how to get easely along with a relaxed western horse instead of an english trained dressage one.
With their friendly and professional kind of teaching it was very easy to have some good experiences with the horse just after a few minutes.
My boyfriend, who has never been on a horse before, was shown in detail one on one, how to get on the horse, hold the rains, find his balance and finaly ride on his own.
After the introduction in the ring we started perfectly prepared for our trail.
We had no idea that we could find, just a few steps from highway 33, such a beautiful and impressive landscape. What a view!
We enjoyed our ride and felt safe and comfortable every second we were on the trail with Christina.
She and Peter are doing a great job and we both recommend these two and the company to everyone.
This was a great experience, everybody should check it out and get some nice pictures for the family at home!!

Visited June 2013
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Made my day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I never really rode a lot before I went to a trailride at the Okanagan Stables. But since the deal mostly with beginners I found myself in very competent hands. Prior to the ride the gave me and my girlfriend instructions and some handy tricks when dealing with horses. The horses were really great - very intelligent and well-trained. We enjoyed our trailride and had great fun. Doing the trailride I was amazed we got to ride through open graslands, pineforest, dense zeadergroth near the river with beautiful and astonishing views through the mission creek valley. In July they will be offering the swimming with the horses program: I'll be back for sure!

Visited June 2013
kelwona
“Awesome Experience at Lake Okanagan Stables!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My sister-in-law and 9 year old niece had never ridden before and wanted to try. Lake Okanagan Stables was the best bang for our buck plus had excellent customer service. Not only did they accomodate our family group last minute they also gave us a great price (better than any other stables we called). The staff took the time to teach each of us in the ring how to ride a horse and made sure we were comfortable before taking us out on the trail. We had awesome weather and a fantastic trail ride that was much longer than what we paid for. I would definitely recommend Lake Okanagan Stables for their excellent customer service and the wonderful experience! We will be going back!

Edmonton, Canada
“Fun Fun Fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spectacular scenery! The staff is knowledgeable and very personable. Peter, the owner, gave both me and my daughter valuable one on one training and instruction prior to riding which we were able to use right away to increase our safety and confidence. My daughter and I were impressed in every way with our experience. Bathroom facilities were tidy. We had an unforgettably fun time and would recommend this company to anyone. This will be a memory to ponder years from now. Absolutely worth it to check it out!

Shauna and Jazz