“Fun Fun Fun!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Okanagan Stables

Lake Okanagan Stables
Hwy33 East, Kelowna, British Columbia V1P 1H8, Canada (Highway 97)
Website
Update attraction details
Ranked #13 of 42 attractions in Kelowna
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Horseback Riding at it's best since 1987! From novice to advanced rider, for children as young as 2 years old to seniors all are welcome!Whether you simply would like to meet the horses, learn about the grooming and saddling, improve your horsemanship skills or just enjoy this beautiful area on horseback, we can create the right experience for you.Riders of different skill levels can be accommodated in the same group.
Edmonton, Canada
“Fun Fun Fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spectacular scenery! The staff is knowledgeable and very personable. Peter, the owner, gave both me and my daughter valuable one on one training and instruction prior to riding which we were able to use right away to increase our safety and confidence. My daughter and I were impressed in every way with our experience. Bathroom facilities were tidy. We had an unforgettably fun time and would recommend this company to anyone. This will be a memory to ponder years from now. Absolutely worth it to check it out!

Shauna and Jazz

Visited May 2013

Abbotsford, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Terrible First Aid and Customer Concern!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

In the early part of July 2012, my 13 year old son and myself went on a vacation to Kelowna. While there we went for a horseback ride at Okanagan Stables. We own 2 of our own horses and have been on several international trail rides and have never experienced such awful service. On the way back from our trail ride, my horse spooked badly and I was thrown off from the horse. I lay on the ground for several minutes before someone came to my aid. The "professional" instructor said "are you ok?" and without checking to see if I was hurt or in shock he told me to get back on another horse and finish my ride. I can honestly say that I was in so much shock that I do not remember my 10 minute ride to the stables, but what I do remember is that he was quick to ask for my Visa so I could complete my payment and then he sent me and my son on our way without even asking if I needed a drive home. Needless to say I went straight to the hospital where I stayed for the day. I have been off work since with a contusion of the sacrum and a moderate to severe concussion.

I know we signed the waiver, but to not due your due diligence as a business owner let alone a human being is disgraceful. Accidents do happen and I am well aware of that, but to not offer some sort of assistance (call for medical help, glass of water, call the next day, etc...) to check in is bad business. I will tell everyone I know to not go there!!!

Visited July 2012
PeterO695, Owner at Lake Okanagan Stables, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
i am quite shocked to read your side of the story..... when i reached you had already stood up and brushing yourself off stating you were ok (it does take a moment to secure my horse )
had you still been on the ground i would have asked you NOT TO MOVE till i made a full assessment of possible injuries. But.you insisted you were ok and you mounted the horse unassisted, on the return trip i asked you several time if you were ok and you responded positively .okanagan stables is the only adventure operation that does NOT TAKE PAYMENT UP FRONT and the reasons are twofold you trust us with your life and we trust you with our money and if you feel we have not earned the payment for our services you have the chance right then and there to say so and if not getting payed for our service to make a customer happy we will not deny them SINCERELY PETERO
“Staff training session gone bad!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

It seemed like a trip with a lot of potential as the area has beautiful views. The owner spent too much time training his staff and we spent over an hour getting ready and very little time on the trails. There was an unforeseen issue with shooting targets being set up along the trail and the fake animals scared the horses. It was a very unenjoyable ride and when it came time to pay we were unhappy with how the owner handled feedback. The rates should have been adjusted more for the training and shortened ride.

Kelowna, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“what a fun time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

it was mine and my girlfriends first time riding horses and it was an incredible time. peter the owner was fantastic and really knew how to make our visit memorable. we probably spent a half hour or so just getting to know all the horses... feeding them, petting them, and then after everyone was comforable we were taught how to ride them. not just how to sit on the horse but actually ride the horse by giving it directions. we spent at least 20 minutes just riding and learning before we actually hit the trail. i cant say enough. the view and experience will last a lifetime!

Visited July 2011