Came into town on Thursday night, and had stayed at the Best Western on the west side the first night, and then stayed at the Manteo Friday and Saturday night, with a huge group all in town for a wedding. I found the Manteo grossly over priced for what they had to offer. The room we stayed in was average, one of the bath robes and one of the bath towels on the first night had tattered edges, there was mildew spots all over the shower, and our room was very dark and had a view of a parking lot, when friends of ours had a lake view room for the same price. The restaurant, "Smack Dab" served a great lunch, the food was delicious, however was not at all equipped to serve the breakfast buffet to a full hotel. After we checked out we noticed an extra 50+ dollars in "taxes" not just GST and PST but a "Hotel tax" and also an "Additional night tax" I understand if these are valid taxes, however when the room was reserved I made sure to ask if there are any hidden charges, as we have been charged extra "resort fees" at hotels before, and just wanted to make sure to stick to budget, and was not told of these from the front desk staff. Out of the 3 front desk staff I dealt with while there, two were very friendly, and informative, and one was downright rude, and almost snooty. I would not recommend staying at this hotel again, although the grounds and the facility is gorgeous, and their is a beautiful view from the lake view rooms, it is not worth nearly what you pay to stay there. Two nights and one room service breakfast cost us over 530 dollars. Not impressed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kelowna’s Manteo Resort is beautifully located on the shores of Okanagan Lake, only minutes from downtown, championship golf courses, estate wineries, and ski hills. At Manteo, amenities are plentiful with indoor/outdoor pools and hot tubs, kids water park, saunas, movie theatre, fitness center, tennis court, 9-hole putting green, playground, private beach and boat moorage. Accommodations are superb and provide the highest standards of comfort in spacious Deluxe Guestrooms, Premium One Bedroom Suites and in private Two & Three Bedroom Villas, located only steps from the lake.Our 102 unit full service resort features waterfront meeting & conference facilities, ideal for groups up to 200. Meeting & event facilities are perfect for meetings, retreats and banquets. The Waterfront Ballroom will accommodate up to 200 people and is divisible into three separate rooms to accommodate smaller meetings and breakout sessions. All facilities have a lakeview, with floor to ceiling windows in each room, which offers an elegant, yet comfortable setting to relax and enjoy.Manteo’s Clubhouse is located only a short walk from the main hotel. From casual to elegant, our Library and Upper Lounge are ideal for private receptions, meetings and events for up to 100 guests. The facilities include a pool table, big screen television, bar service area and a large outdoor patio with breathtaking views of Okanagan Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel And Villas
- Manteo Hotel Waterfront
- Manteo Resort - Waterfront Hotel & Villas Kelowna, Okanagan Valley