“Value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Abbott Villa on the Lake

Save Saved
You added Abbott Villa on the Lake to your Saves list
Abbott Villa on the Lake
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1627 Abbott St, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 1A9, Canada   |
Ranked #21 of 34 hotels in Kelowna
malaysia
“Value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed in a two queens bed for one night in dec. The room was spacious, clean, with new bathroom, a separate sink in the room and outside the bathroom which was very useful for a family of five. The breakfast was complimentary and though basic was adequate. The property was across the street from the waterfront park which I think would be nicer in warmer months. It was also not that far from the ocean park shopping centre where we had dinner and were able to shop till quite late due to prechristmas long opening hours. We did not book but decided to stop one night on our way to Big White as the journey from Vancouver was long and difficult due to compact snow. We called just before arriving and the lady was very nice, the check in was swift and smooth.

Great place for a quick night stay and value for money.

Room Tip: The two queens bedroom are all upstair on second floor. There are spacious but there is no lift so b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rita P, General Manager at Abbott Villa on the Lake, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Abbott Villa on the Lake and taking time to write a review. Our rooms with 2 queen beds are more spacious than a room with a standard gueen and king bed and the extra double sink area is very popular with families and groups. Location is a key to when staying at the Abbott Villa on the Lake as we are close to everything.
We want to thank you for making us your home away from home and do hope we will see you in the summer.

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were impressed with the location of the hotel. As a first time visitor to the city, it was close to the downtown area and the park just across the road. Check in was easy and the young man at the desk was friendly and gave us some local tips. We were given the keys and headed to the room. The room did have a strange odor, but nothing an open door couldn't fix - the bed was a little hard for me, but that comes down to personal preference. The only real negative of the stay was when we were awoken at 2am from some party goers who it seemed decided to get a room instead of heading home. The hotel was very quiet and for some reason they were given the room right next door to us... For the next hour we could hear a very loud and drunk conversation, which then led to them 'getting to know each other a little more', it was very off putting. Of course they only stayed one night so the next nights sleep was a lot better.

The breakfast was simple but spot on - waffles, bagels, cereal, yoghurt, coffee and tea. So would I stay here again? Probably, the price was great, the location was great, the room was basic but all we needed, staff were great... I just wish the walls were a little thicker, or that the staff could have checked the other people a few doors up from us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rita P, General Manager at Abbott Villa on the Lake, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for all your comments about the Abbott Villa on the Lake, we always appreciate when our guests take the time to inform us of their stay. Location Location Location is top on the list of many of the items my guests write about. I am glad to hear my newest employee is following in the footsteps of the seasoned ones, informing our guests of points of interest and any other information they require. Our continental breakfast has a variety of items to get you started on your day. From myself and my staff we thank you and look forward to when you choose to make us your Home away from Home
Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at this great motel. Great location near to everything.
Very helpful people, all of them. Rita brought fresh fruit for breakfast for all to
enjoy. Quite a treat. Thanks also to the handyman for helping us out with our
little metal cat.
We hope to come again, though we live in Denmark.
Svend and Judith Marcher

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rita P, General Manager at Abbott Villa on the Lake, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Hello Svend and Judith, Thank you for the lovely comments and its great to see you made it home safe and sound. The fresh peaches from my inlaws made a hit not just with both of you but with the other guests also. We hope to see a picture with your new garden decoration. I would like to thank you for taking time to let others know how you enjoyed your stay, and we have found it's the little things that can make a guests a enjoyable one. We do hope that in the future even though you are far away that we can welcome you Home again. From myself and my staff thank you.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I am a repeat visitor to this hotel (my home away from home). You can beat the location (right across the street from City Park and the great walkways), great customer service (yes you Karen and Rita and Sherri) and of course the pool and sitting area where every year I meet more and more great new friends and lasting memories!

The hotel has everything one needs for a home away from home. And if they dont have it, they are a great referral service. One would never be homesick when they stay here!

I will definately be back soon

Room Tip: As I am a smoker, I like to stay on the pool side for easy access to the roof top patio area and enj...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Rita P, General Manager at Abbott Villa on the Lake, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you Cheryl and it's always wonderful to welcome you Home. You like all the other guests agree this is the location that can't be beat. With City Park and the beach right across from the Abbott Villa on the lake, and array of restaurants with in walking distance why stay any where else.
With the amazing staff no one should feel homesick as anyone of the staff will do whatever it takes to make each guest's stay an enjoyable one, even if it's for a chit chat, Being a smaller property one of the nice things is that we are able to take time and interact with our guests on a personal basis.
I always hear that my staff are great, but I would like to say to you and all my other guests that you are all great. Having wonderful guests makes our job an easy one.
The outdoor patios either poolside or Lake side are very popular with our guests whether its to start your day out with having your breakfast , having a coffee, maybe a drink, or after cooking your meal on our new addition(BBQ) , they are a wonderful place to relax meet and make new friends or even a quiet spot to relax.
So once again thank you for letting others know how much you always enjoy your stay at the Abbott Villa on the Lake and we look foward to welcoming you Home.
Pitt Meadows, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Location does not get any better. Facing the park and lake, a short walk from the restaurants on Bernard Street.
The service was great, Claire even helped us in French.
Entering the room we could feel it had no ventilation. The noisy air con unit close to the bed only recirculates air inside the room, does not bring fresh air from outside. The window does not open. We saw a few rooms where people had left their door open to get fresh air in.
The breakfast room was a bit small and crowded, a few people took a tray back to their room to have breakfast, but on a busy weekend we only had to wait five minutes for a table to free itself.

When I initially looked for a place to stay on tripadvisor the booking websites all said that there was no more room available. I called the hotel and they HAD rooms available, unlike the other hotels I had called which also showed "full". I suggested they adjust the way they connect their booking system to the sites linked on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rita P, General Manager at Abbott Villa on the Lake, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at the Abbott Villa on the Lake and your review. Yes our Breakfast is busy at certain times of the morning and there may be a wait, but we do supply trays so if you do not want to sit in the breakfast room, you may take your breakfast either to one of our lovely outdoor patios or even back to your room if you choose.
All of our air conditioners are working and they all bring in the air from outside, if its set on fan and not cool it will not bring in the fresh air to cool it will only cirulate the air in the room. We inform all of our guests at check in that we are at the Front Desk 24 hours so if something is not right please let us know and we will attend to it. Some guests do not like air conditioning and do use the extra lock and and leave their doors open. For our guests safety we do not have rooms with windows that open.
Since we have deflagged from Travelodge we have found that some of the booking sites such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Price line are showing that we do not have rooms available, which is not the case. I do have an announcement on Tripadvisor that states this very fact. I am still working on having these sites fix this as they are not connected to my GDS , and should not even be advertising my property at all.
Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a long weekend in Kelowna and stayed at the Abbott Villas.
This was our first time to Kelowna and the staff were very helpful and knowledgable in assisting in the planning of the wine tours and boating excursions that we enjoyed.
Our room was very comfortable and we made full use of the A/C (we had no idea it was that hot in the valley).
This hotel is located right in town and there are many restaurants nearby. On one night we decided to cook our own meal on the BBQ provided by the hotel. They lent us cooking utensils etc. and we ate by the pool and enjoyed some wine that we bought at one of the vineyards nearby.
We had a great time and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rita P, General Manager at Abbott Villa on the Lake, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at the Abbott Villa on the Lake.
Summer was slow to come this year but when the Sun decided to come out it reminded us of why we love to live here and why Kelowna is the best place to come and visit in the Summer time. I am happy to hear you took advantage of the BBQ it is a new addition this year , and what a wonderful spot to have dinner, both my patios offer a wonderful place to sit and as you said have dinner and a glass of wine, either the poolside patio or the patio that over looks City Park and the Lake.
I am always happy to hear that my staff have been helpful whether it be booking a wine tour, or just giving out information that helps make your stay a very pleasant one.
So from myself and my staff we want to thank you again for sharing your experience at the Abbott Villa on the Lake and we look forward to when we can again become your Home away from Home.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here with a bunch of friends for a reunion...Great time, location fantastic, downtown, close walk to all bars and restaurants plus right across from the City Beach and docks to rent boats, sea-doos etc....

Staff was excellent ('specially the front desk clerks, always in good mood and happy to help around the clock)....Continental breakfast was best I've had (waffle machine..yum).

I'd definitely stay here again on my next visit and would recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Partiers check into pool side rooms....if family or couple take rooms farthest from pool area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Rita P, General Manager at Abbott Villa on the Lake, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at the Abbott Villa on the Lake, and all the wonderful comments about us and my staff. One of the comments I hear and appreciate is that I have an excellent staff and how they go beyond to find out information or to be helpful to our guests.
The waffle machines which I have placed into the breakfast room this past fall have become a huge hit with our guests, and if you are not sure how to use them, one of the attendants will be happy to help with the process of having a hot fresh waffle for breakfast.
Location is one of the best in the city as you have mentioned, everything you need is usually only no more than 5 minutes away.
Our outdoor patios make a wonderful spot for big or small groups to meet and enjoy the wonderful views and weather that Kelowna has to offer.
I would like to thank you for sharing your reunion with us and we look forward to your next visit when you make the Abbott Villa on the Lake your Home away from Home

Been to Abbott Villa on the Lake? Share your experiences!