“Another Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbott Villa on the Lake

Save Saved
You added Abbott Villa on the Lake to your Saves list
Abbott Villa on the Lake
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1627 Abbott St, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 1A9, Canada   |
Ranked #21 of 34 hotels in Kelowna
Calgary, Canada
“Another Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I am a repeat visitor to this hotel (my home away from home). You can beat the location (right across the street from City Park and the great walkways), great customer service (yes you Karen and Rita and Sherri) and of course the pool and sitting area where every year I meet more and more great new friends and lasting memories!

The hotel has everything one needs for a home away from home. And if they dont have it, they are a great referral service. One would never be homesick when they stay here!

I will definately be back soon

Room Tip: As I am a smoker, I like to stay on the pool side for easy access to the roof top patio area and enj...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Rita P, General Manager at Abbott Villa on the Lake, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you Cheryl and it's always wonderful to welcome you Home. You like all the other guests agree this is the location that can't be beat. With City Park and the beach right across from the Abbott Villa on the lake, and array of restaurants with in walking distance why stay any where else.
With the amazing staff no one should feel homesick as anyone of the staff will do whatever it takes to make each guest's stay an enjoyable one, even if it's for a chit chat, Being a smaller property one of the nice things is that we are able to take time and interact with our guests on a personal basis.
I always hear that my staff are great, but I would like to say to you and all my other guests that you are all great. Having wonderful guests makes our job an easy one.
The outdoor patios either poolside or Lake side are very popular with our guests whether its to start your day out with having your breakfast , having a coffee, maybe a drink, or after cooking your meal on our new addition(BBQ) , they are a wonderful place to relax meet and make new friends or even a quiet spot to relax.
So once again thank you for letting others know how much you always enjoy your stay at the Abbott Villa on the Lake and we look foward to welcoming you Home.

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pitt Meadows, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Location does not get any better. Facing the park and lake, a short walk from the restaurants on Bernard Street.
The service was great, Claire even helped us in French.
Entering the room we could feel it had no ventilation. The noisy air con unit close to the bed only recirculates air inside the room, does not bring fresh air from outside. The window does not open. We saw a few rooms where people had left their door open to get fresh air in.
The breakfast room was a bit small and crowded, a few people took a tray back to their room to have breakfast, but on a busy weekend we only had to wait five minutes for a table to free itself.

When I initially looked for a place to stay on tripadvisor the booking websites all said that there was no more room available. I called the hotel and they HAD rooms available, unlike the other hotels I had called which also showed "full". I suggested they adjust the way they connect their booking system to the sites linked on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rita P, General Manager at Abbott Villa on the Lake, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at the Abbott Villa on the Lake and your review. Yes our Breakfast is busy at certain times of the morning and there may be a wait, but we do supply trays so if you do not want to sit in the breakfast room, you may take your breakfast either to one of our lovely outdoor patios or even back to your room if you choose.
All of our air conditioners are working and they all bring in the air from outside, if its set on fan and not cool it will not bring in the fresh air to cool it will only cirulate the air in the room. We inform all of our guests at check in that we are at the Front Desk 24 hours so if something is not right please let us know and we will attend to it. Some guests do not like air conditioning and do use the extra lock and and leave their doors open. For our guests safety we do not have rooms with windows that open.
Since we have deflagged from Travelodge we have found that some of the booking sites such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Price line are showing that we do not have rooms available, which is not the case. I do have an announcement on Tripadvisor that states this very fact. I am still working on having these sites fix this as they are not connected to my GDS , and should not even be advertising my property at all.
Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a long weekend in Kelowna and stayed at the Abbott Villas.
This was our first time to Kelowna and the staff were very helpful and knowledgable in assisting in the planning of the wine tours and boating excursions that we enjoyed.
Our room was very comfortable and we made full use of the A/C (we had no idea it was that hot in the valley).
This hotel is located right in town and there are many restaurants nearby. On one night we decided to cook our own meal on the BBQ provided by the hotel. They lent us cooking utensils etc. and we ate by the pool and enjoyed some wine that we bought at one of the vineyards nearby.
We had a great time and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rita P, General Manager at Abbott Villa on the Lake, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at the Abbott Villa on the Lake.
Summer was slow to come this year but when the Sun decided to come out it reminded us of why we love to live here and why Kelowna is the best place to come and visit in the Summer time. I am happy to hear you took advantage of the BBQ it is a new addition this year , and what a wonderful spot to have dinner, both my patios offer a wonderful place to sit and as you said have dinner and a glass of wine, either the poolside patio or the patio that over looks City Park and the Lake.
I am always happy to hear that my staff have been helpful whether it be booking a wine tour, or just giving out information that helps make your stay a very pleasant one.
So from myself and my staff we want to thank you again for sharing your experience at the Abbott Villa on the Lake and we look forward to when we can again become your Home away from Home.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here with a bunch of friends for a reunion...Great time, location fantastic, downtown, close walk to all bars and restaurants plus right across from the City Beach and docks to rent boats, sea-doos etc....

Staff was excellent ('specially the front desk clerks, always in good mood and happy to help around the clock)....Continental breakfast was best I've had (waffle machine..yum).

I'd definitely stay here again on my next visit and would recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Partiers check into pool side rooms....if family or couple take rooms farthest from pool area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Rita P, General Manager at Abbott Villa on the Lake, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at the Abbott Villa on the Lake, and all the wonderful comments about us and my staff. One of the comments I hear and appreciate is that I have an excellent staff and how they go beyond to find out information or to be helpful to our guests.
The waffle machines which I have placed into the breakfast room this past fall have become a huge hit with our guests, and if you are not sure how to use them, one of the attendants will be happy to help with the process of having a hot fresh waffle for breakfast.
Location is one of the best in the city as you have mentioned, everything you need is usually only no more than 5 minutes away.
Our outdoor patios make a wonderful spot for big or small groups to meet and enjoy the wonderful views and weather that Kelowna has to offer.
I would like to thank you for sharing your reunion with us and we look forward to your next visit when you make the Abbott Villa on the Lake your Home away from Home
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Had a great weekend, Clean comfy room King bed perfect. Romeo loved the staff as per usual with him.
They put up with us guys with no problem after dealing with the August long weekend.
Joel and Karen kept us informed whats going on around town and where to go eat.
I will stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
It's always lovely to hear when my guests have enjoyed their stay, being pet friendly is just one of the added bonuses that we offer at the Abbott Villa on the Lake, with a water bowl outside just in case and free doggie treats in the lobby, we want our furry friends to feel at home too.
My amazing staff do everything possible to make your stay a pleasant one, whether we are booking a wine tour, getting directions to events, or even with helping on the best route to take when you leave your Home away from Home.
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and for recommending us to future travellers.
We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit when you make us Your Home away from Home.
TV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Management friendly. Rooms are clean and the location is in downtown Kelowna, the lake and the park are few steps away. Rates are reasonable, great breakfast even if there's no lots of tables (you have to be fast to finish your breakfast otherwise other guests must wait for the table...). The pool and the hot tub are small but enough for 2-3 families.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rita P, General Manager at Abbott Villa on the Lake, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at the Abbott Villa on the Lake, We pride ourselves on our clean rooms and resonable rates, I have amazing housekeepers who work very hard on keeping our rooms clean, I am always told how friendly my staff are, we work hard on making our guests feel at home rather than being in a hotel, this is where our Home away from Home has come from, from our guest's. Our continental breakfast is very popular and Shannon and Marlene work effeciently to keep things stocked and tables clean for the next hungry guest, but we do have trays which alot of our guests use to take their breakfast up to either the pool side patio or the Lakeside patio to enjoy their breakfast outdoors. Thank you for taking time to write a review and to let others know about the Abbott Villa on the Lake, and we hope to welcome you Home soon.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have now stayed at this hotel the last 2 summers for a couple nights. We love the location, the park and beach across the street and the fact that you can walk everywhere! Last summer we just happened to find it and couldn't believe our good fortune to have found such a great, reasonably priced hotel that had everything we could ask for. We don't usually sleep in but last Wednesday found us waking up at 7:30 am!! Rita & Karen are awesome ladies who always take the time to exchange pleasantries and now have even said we are no longer guests but family!! That's how it feels when you stay at Abbott Villa!! I almost forgot the mention that the roof top patio is where we enjoyed our morning coffee and our nightcaps! We will be back every summer to relax and enjoy another few nights at this wonderful hotel with Rita and Karen!! Thanks ladies and pass our thanks to the rest of the staff that do such wonderful work in the background each day! ML & Bob

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you Mary Lou and Bob, for all the wonderful things you have said about the Abbott Villa on the Lake, It was wonderful when I came into work and noticed you having coffee on the Lakeside patio. Yes you are family, we are your Home away from Home. Karen and I and the rest of the staff look forward to your return next year. When Bob told me he never sleeps in and yet he did in our comfortable beds, I was very happy to hear that. Our Location is one of the best in the city with all you need either across the road to the lake or around the corner, for shopping, movies, eating or entertainment. Thank you for taking time to let others know about your small piece of paradise and we are looking forward to your return visit Home...

Been to Abbott Villa on the Lake? Share your experiences!