“Earplugs needed!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Prestige Inn Kelowna

Save Saved
You added Prestige Inn Kelowna to your Saves list
Prestige Inn Kelowna
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1675 Abbott Street, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 8S3, Canada   |
Ranked #25 of 34 hotels in Kelowna
Halifax, Canada
“Earplugs needed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The noise from nearby bars is unbearable. After one night of no sleep we purchased foam earplugs and finally got some sleep. We stayed in the executive suite and were very pleased with layout and accommodation but not thrilled that you had to go outside the main building to access the room. The staff was very sympathetic to the noise complaint and very receptive to suggestions we made. They very nicely gave us a discount for the noise and promised to pass on concern to new manager. Hopefully improvements will be seen in the near future as the location is ideal

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Kelowna, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
It is rewarding to hear that you appreciated the efforts made by our team to ensure that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay. Please rest assured that your concerns will be addressed by our management team. I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities in the Executive Suite and hope that we will see you again on your next visit to Kelowna. Thank you for posting your review! - Sonu Murphy

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Okanagan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel is right downtown, so it was nice to be able to walk to everything. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable and it had a pretty nice pool & hot tub. Unique little city, everyone seemed so relaxed riding around on bikes and big skateboards. A good stay all around.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Kelowna, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your compliments! Our hotel team has been working hard to ensure that each guest has an enjoyable stay, and I am pleased that you had such a great experience. Kelowna is such a great city with many sites, activities and as you observed a laid back place with friendly people. We would be pleased to welcome you back soon! - Sonu
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I can officially say this is one of my favourite hotels to stay at. My boyfriend and I went to Kelowna for a romantic anniversary getaway. We were walking down Abbott when we came across the Prestige Inn. As soon as we entered we were welcomed with a smiling face and a warm welcome.

We asked what kind of rates they had and told the gentleman what we were looking for. He offered us their African themed suit and even showed us the room (WHICH WAS AMAZING) it included an in room bath, stand up shower, large flat screen TV, and a nice round bed. The rate was $179 for the night and it had a nice walk out balcony. This hotel was located right across from the Marina Park and not even a 2 minute walk from the board walk.

Even upon leaving the front desk staff was very helpful and was happy and always welcome to help.

I would definitely recommend going here, especially if you want to be close to downtown.

Room Tip: African Suite
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Kelowna, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your compliments Chelle_x9x ! Kelowna is a great place for a romantic getaway with the lake, wineries, unique local boutiques and restaurants with food to die for! I am so glad that you had a wonderful stay, experienced our unique brand of hospitality and enjoyed the comfort of your designer guestroom. We hope to welcome you back on your next retreat to Western Canada. - Sonu Murphy
Prince George, B.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

1: so over priced it will make you cry once you arrive.
Rooms; size is great, BUT: the wall paper is falling off and tapped with masking tape - my my how unprofessional, how cheap can a chain be. Oh yes, I wonder how many dogs had pooped in my room, the carpet had more stains on it then the dive they call a pub attached to the inn.
Service: hummm, everything is closed until five, so don't try to eat or have a glass of wine, before the facilities open up.
Oh yes sleep, - was that the people next door rolling over, no it was the one little heater banging through the night.
the view, ok a back alley filled with the local drug dealers and - I will stop there.. by the way the other side faced a four lane highway.
on a good note, the bed was comfortable, except for the excessive amounts of bleach added to the sheets and pillow slips.
What did i like: Nothing, it was totally over rated and extremely over priced.
OH yes 5 more buck just to park your car at a motel that calls itself an inn. ----- Ya right.
one extremely disappointed client.This place does not deserve a rating.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Kelowna, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Our most sincere apologies that your experience with us was below our standards. We are currently working on upgrading our facilities and are pleased to welcome a new General Manager who is working hard to bring our staff training and service levels up to Prestige standards, this includes the operators of our food and beverage facilities. Unfortunately, highway noise is out of our control and many guests appreciate the convenience of our location both to the highway and the downtown area that offers many unique shopping boutiques, dining options, and cultural opportunities. I will send you a private message to request more information and will appreciate your assistance. We always appreciate guest feedback and hope that you will try us again in the future.
Brecon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel has a great location right opposite the park and the beach, and was easy to find. The room was modern, clean and spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. Check in was quick and easy. Nice, helpful lady on reception. The only problem was the noise coming from everywhere! We heard all the noise from the corridor outside (including people running up and down the corridor, shouting, screaming and messing about in the middle of the night. Then there was the noise coming from the room next door every time someone had a shower. The first time it happened I thought our shower had turned itself on it was so loud - expecially when the person next door was having a shower at 1am! Unfortunately it was even noisy from above - every time someone moved in the room above we'd hear it so all in all we didn't get 3 very good nights sleep. The best part of the hotel is the Avenue bar attached to the hotel. Friendly staff, good food and beer. Didn't like the nearby shelter much or the shady characters hanging around just around the corner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Kelowna, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We really appreciate your compliments on our location, accommodations, and superb staff. I apologize your stay was disrupted by noise. As a downtown hotel, external noise can be an issue but I will work with our team to modify our systems to better control the internal noise. We hope that on your next stay with us, you will have a more enjoyable stay.
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

After (by mistake) leaving behind an article of clothing, I had requested that they mail it out to me ASAP. They replied by telling me that they would send it out to me VIA "greyhound bus" COD .. to the nearest one to me, I had informed them that this would be impossible & that they needed to mail it out to me, that this would be the ONLY way for me to get it back. Just recently they sent me a request that I provide them with my credit card info so they could send out the item to me, well i just had to tell them that it would NOT be happening period‼

As for the over all stay it was acceptable, the food was slow & pathetic in taste (not worth the wait). This place is NOT on my list of *must stays* ~ as a person that knows what "customer satisfaction" IS, they however do NOT ... do not expect ANYTHING from them IF you happen to by mistake leave something behind!!!!

Room Tip: AVOID this place at all costs‼‼‼ Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not satisfied with our efforts to return your forgotten item. I will send you a private message to get more information so hopefully I assist with this misunderstanding. As we are always striving to give good service to our guests, I will work with our management team to review our policies regarding return of lost and found items.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel was great, didn't need to walk into the lobby to get to our rooms. Swimming pool and hot tub was nice as well. Great for a weekend of partying. Lots of rooms with double beds and a pullout couch. Really close to the nightclubs here as well. Staff was great. Hotel restaurant was overpriced for entrees and drinks. Overall, great place to stay with friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us on your getaway to Kelowna. Our staff will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. They look forward to welcoming back on your visit.

Been to Prestige Inn Kelowna? Share your experiences!