“A Good Time Was Had By All” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre

You added Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1310 Water Street, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 9P3, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“A Good Time Was Had By All”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I just spent four days and three nights as part of a district conference. The hotel is right on the lake front and has beautiful walkways. We were there off-season, but could imagine how nice it would be in the summer. The reception staff was thorough and fast (apples on the counter are a nice touch). Our room was spacious and clean with many handy amenities from ironing board and coffee maker all the way to a cork screw. The beds were very comfortable and the free internet was fast. The house cleaning staff was friendly and capable. The only down side was that we were awakened by the garbage trucks in the morning. Maybe we should have been higher than the fifth floor. The conference facilities were very nicely set up as was the brunch buffet. The wait staff was helpful and pleasant. We had supper in the restaurant in the lobby, but I’ll rate that separately. We very much enjoyed our stay and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Lower rooms on the north side are noisy in the morning when the garbage trucks come.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DeltaDGO, Social Media Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear David

I'm so glad everyone had a good time during your stay with us!

It seems as though you had all of your needs met and more with the room, dining and amenities. I'm so sorry to hear that you were awoken in the morning with the sound of garbage trucks! You're right in thinking that Kelowna and the area around the hotel is nice in the summer. You'll have to come back then for a leisure vacation and see more of what Kelowna and the hotel has to offer!

Allison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Thai first
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

As always we enjoyed our time at the Delta Grand in Kelowna. The staff, the amenities, the food and the service were excellent. The staff always have time to chat, suggest things to do, and have a genuine interest in our lives......very refreshing. Thanks again for a fabulous time! We so look forward to our next visit!!:)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Shirl & Al

Thank you for such a great review! I'm thrilled that time and time again you enjoy your stay with us and our staff is able to make you feel at home. We also are looking forward to your next visit hopefully soon!

Abbotsford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The two bedrooms unit is clean, spacious and well furnished. I am very impressed with the quality and the decor. The resort has a large gym, swimming pool, hot tub and sauna. There is a $ 80.00 charge for one week parking. The staff are friendly and courteous. The drive to Big White is good, 45 minutes drive. Costco sells Big White ski pass for $ 59.00, a great value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DeltaDGO, Social Media Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear George

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and were impressed with the quality and decor of your time share unit. Yes that deal from Costco is great to get a pass for Big White. I hope you had a nice day up on the hill! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon,

Grand Forks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent,the off season rate was great, (a bit pricey otherwise)room was very clean and well appointed.the parking is an issue ,as #1. To far away from the entrance #2 you have to pay to park .
Check in and out was great .
We had dinner grand bay and the food was good but short staffed in my opinion ,the server had to do tables plus handling the till.he did the best he could but there WAS someone around that could have helped this young man.

Room Tip: Most location of the rooms are pretty quiet! We did not use the pool or spa this trip,but the pool...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mary

Thank you for taking the time to make this review. I'm so glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us but I do apologize for the issues you encountered with parking and in the restaurant. We do hope to see you again in the near future where we can exceed your expectations in every element of your stay.

Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I read some of the less glowing reviews and maybe I had the benefit of staying during off season. The room rete was reasonable, I had no problem parking in the over-height area, and I had great front desk reception from Victoria. I was in for only one night on a business trip and was able to use a fee upgrade to the Signature Club floor. The room was clean and spacious and I love the new business friendly layout of the desk area. I notice come reviewers did not like the lack of a tub, but for me the step in shower was perfect. I had a great meal while watching the hockey game in the lounge. If I had to complain about anytihng, the walk from the paid parking area through the huge lobby is long, though valet service (at extra cost) is available. I also had to wait a bit to check in (two people in front of me) because only one staff memeber was working the deksk, and I again had to wait a bit (maybe 7 or 8 minutes) before being greeted in the lounge, again due to only one staff member being on at the time. I guess less staff is the downside of off-season travel. Overall the property is beautiful and when I can get a room rate that works for me (i.e. not high season), I will stay here again when business takes me to Kelowna.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub, make sure you request it at time of reservation. Rooms on the Signature Club...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Dan,

Thank you very much for your feedback and providing a response to some of the issues others have brought forward. We try our best to exceed your expectations during every stay and I will be sure to pass along your comments to Victoria as I know she will appreciate them. I love to read that we will see you again on your next business trip but don't forget us for your next vacation as well.

Hope to see you again soon.

Jeff
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Everytime you stay here you can expect to add $16/night to walk a long way outside to get your car. Last time I got a $30 ticket for being parked over the line in the stall. They are so small my big truck couldnt squeeze in any tighter to allow me to get out.

• Stayed January 2014
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Ms. Matthews,

Thank you for your feedback as we are constantly reviewing our amenities and fees. We do have an over height parkade that can accomodate larger vehicles for the very reason that we can't have vehicles taking up more then the space that is allocated to them to ensure there is enough parking for all our guests.

I do hope that this does not stop you from visiting us again as I know that your next stay will be an exceptional one.

Warm regards,

Jeff
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at the Delta as we were attending their new years bash & felt it would be a less stressful option that trying to find a taxi home. We were right, it was a very pleasant way to spend our new years, the staff were friendly & helpful and the accommodation was very good indeed - especially for the price! 4 star accommodation at 3 star prices. Beautiful & convenient location, I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DeltaDGO, Social Media Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Jeannine

Happy New Year! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself at our 80's Rockin' Eve party and chose to spend the night at the hotel. It does make for an easier and convenient night and is a great way to start off the new year!

We hope to see you again soon,

Allison

Been to Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!