“Very nice resort, great central location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre

You added Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1310 Water Street, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 9P3, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very nice resort, great central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights for a conference and took an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite in the "Private Residences" which was very nice with full kitchen, nice living area and good size deck. We also had access to a beautiful rooftop pool, which unfortunately we only got to use for a couple of hours, but wish we had more time there. We loved the fact that we had easy access to downtown, and the trails right outside our doors that follow the waterfront. The only thing that needs improvement is the cleaning, although the room was cleaned the deck was not, and someone's room service tray was on the table in the hall outside our door for 2 days, which we found odd. We would definitely stay again. The front desk staff were awesome by the way!!

• Stayed September 2013
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to make this review. You made a fantastic choice to upgrade to our Private Residence Club and I'm thrilled it met your approval! That infinity pool is something else isn't it? Hopefully on your next visit you will have more time to utilize it. I apologize for the cleanliness issue you experienced on your deck and yes that is odd and surprising there was a room service tray left in the hallway. That is not up to our standards.

We hope to see you again, hopefully for a leisure trip instead of business when you can really see more of what the hotel and Kelowna has to offer!

Allison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Thai first
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have stayed here frequently as we own a timeshare here. I am disappointed that it is less "special" each time. Lagoon outside the main restaurant badly needed skimming at the edges--an oily slimy mess. Things taken off the bathroom walls and holes left -- looks very tacky. Water pressure, especially in shower, pathetic. While hotel guests were walking their dogs all over, the condos for owners don't allow dogs. Newer construction has diminished the view. Parking used to be complimentary for owners, now costs $80/week. That being said, the facilities otherwise are beautiful and the location is lovely. They are keeping their suites updated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
gmDBDeltaDGO, General Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Valued Timeshare Owner,

Thank you for providing us with your comments regarding your recent visit to Kelowna. We take your feedback very seriously and I am disappointed to hear that you felt this stay was "less special" than in the past. We will immediately address the maintenance issues that you have raised, but I did want to clarify that it is the Timeshare Owners Association that voted to not allow pets in those units. We are a pet friendly resort overall, and do have several different options for hotel rooms and condos that guests can choose from when traveling with their beloved pets. If enough owners feel the way that you do, perhaps we should table this again at the next AGM?

I do also appreciate your feedback on the quality of our suites, our convenient location and the beauty of our surrounding valley. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Grand Okanagan again next year!

Sincere regards,

Daniel
Red Deer, Alberta Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Impressive lay out, clean and nice to look at from the lobby. The valet parking was terrible and slow. Im a bk amputee and chose to park my own jeep in the end. Then get upstairs to find the room keys don't work. They only have one elevator running. It was a mad house of a Friday evening. The manager was great when I complained did her very best to try and make things right. Mind you I was ready to leave. Food was ok but very limited, breakfast buffet was great. One waitress deserves a metal for cleaning my dads shirt. In the end not a bad stay just not worth the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DGOAsstFOM, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I apologize for the issues with the valet service; I must admit this came as a surprise as usually our valet team is quite efficient. In terms of your key issues, I certainly hope we were able to assist you in rectifying the issue and I am pleased the manager on duty was helpful.
We certainly hope to welcome you once again in the near future.
St,Albert
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We are currently at this resort,and can't wait to go home tomorrow. Where do we start , let's start with the room,we checked into 507 and the room was not very clean,the floor was not vaccumed and there was food on the chair. it is suprising that the amenities are very limited, apparently for 209.00 a night you get basic no mouthwash no shower gel, the towels are like a loufa...The air conditioner woke us up 3 times that night with a squeeling sound and a girl screaming at least 3 times... We got up forgetting the terrible night So we woke up hoping to rent some bikes today, according to the front desk it opens at 9 am , we were there at 9 and not opened apparenlty it is seasonal times,and they told us they were not opened on Sundays when we went back to the front desk. So we walked around all day and then after lunch we walked by the rental place and it was open , it opens at 11 am , you would think the hotel staff would know what time the rental place is open and hours based on the fact it was on there property., We had brunch at the hotel in the The grand Bay we asked for a table by the window, the hostess said they were booked, we were placed in a corner ,the waitress took forever to get to us, as there was a table after us that came and she served them orange juice and water before attending to us, so when we left the Resturant those exact tables were still empty..That cafe needs to work on there customer service
All i can say must be Seasonal...Everything falls apart!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DGOAsstFOM, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am disappointed to see that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I only wish we could have had the opportunity to address your concerns to ensure that you had a great experience. We take our guest satisfaction to heart so issues such as these are a great cause for concern. I attempted to reach you prior to your departure, however I believe you had already gone. Please contact me directly at the resort as I would value the opportunity to speak with you directly.
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hubby and I stayed 2 nights in a mode deluxe king with view.

I really liked this room, I'm not into modern styles but this was very nice, huge clean well laid out bathroom, really nice invigorating shower.

Smart table/desk, love it, hope all hotels go this way!

Room very clean, staff very nice and friendly, beds very comfortable even for my bad back!

I was a little disappointed in the view, not so much the view but the window, it was small and I was mistaken in assuming there would be a balcony to enjoy said view:(

Regardless I highly recommend you stay here:)

Also ate breakfast downstairs, again staff so nice, lovely breakfast both days, thank you Delta Grand.

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony and view!
Dear Guest,
I'm glad to see you enjoyed our new rooms and that you were impressed by the Modern look! I was especially pleased to see the bed provided you with the comfort you needed for your back. I will be sure to share this review with my team.
Thank you!
White Rock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I Only stayed one night; however, the room we had was clean, comfortable and well equipped. Additionally, the staff were excellent (very friendly and courteous across the board) and the location can't be beat. It would be difficult to find a flaw that really matters.

• Stayed September 2013
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Such kind words, but only a 4/5? Tough crowd.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and next time I hope you are able to stay longer and enjoy all that our hotel and Kelowna has to offer.

Warm regards,

Jeff
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a beautiful and clean resort that i will come back to! After a horrible experience at another resort (very dirty room) we decided to leave and find another place to stay and the Delta did not disappoint! Our room was beautiful with a view of the lake and bridge. The pool was clean and we had a great time there. I have nothing bad to say at all. The stay was fantastic!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Julia,

Thank you so much for your excellent review and I am glad we could help to salvage your vacation.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Jeff

Been to Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!