An avid fan of tripadvisor, the Delta Grand Okanagan Resort was not a disappointment. We booked a Lakeview room for 2 nights in July 2013 and the service was outstanding. Superb service started during our check-in by our front desk agent, Kyla. The message she left on our voicemail to welcome us to the Delta Grand was a great gesture and gave Delta that small personal touch that other hotels do not offer. The location was central, walking distance to downtown. The parking is $16 per night, $20 for valet parking. There are free parking meters between the hours of 5pm-9am and all day Sunday for the early birds who doesn't want to pay. The pool, hot tub and gym is open until 11pm (sauna is temporarily closed) and most of the staff, including the concierge was great. The room itself was spacious and modern and the bed and pillows were very, very comfortable that I was tempted to buy some for myself.
-We paid extra money for the lakeview and did not think it was worth it. We thought it would be a full lake view, but it was partial at best. You literally have to stand by the window to catch a glimpse of the lake. When I asked the trainee during check-out if all the mode-room had only partial views, she was unsure and was unable to provide me with an answer (This was my only complaint about the service)
-Cleanliness is an issue - There was an m&m underneath our desk in the room left by the previous guests...the m&m was still in the same position 2 days later when we checked out. A minor issue, but cleanliness needs improvement.
-The window was open when we checked in. Normally it's not an issue as I welcome the fresh air, however there were 2 huge wasps that entered our room (we were on the highest floor - 9th) through the window. It's a nightmare trying to kill a wasp, nevermind 2 in the middle of the night. There were wasps visibly flying outside our window, so there might be a hornet nests around. This message was pass on to the front desk.
-Pressure from the showerhead is relatively weak.
Consensus: Great hotel and I would recommend it to my friends and coworkers. But the lakeview in our particular room was not worth the extra money.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre Hotel
- Delta Grand Okanagan Resort And Conference Centre
- Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre Hotel Kelowna
- Delta Grand Okanagan Lakefront Hotel
- Grand Hotel Kelowna
- Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre Kelowna, Okanagan Valley
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort has completed extensive renovations to all 262 guestrooms in the North and South Tower. The newly designed ModeRoom features SmartDesk work area with multiple connectivity docks, complimentary internet, and many other thoughtful touches. Renovations included the addition of Club Lounge and two private guest room floors with exclusive amenities and services. Best views in town! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.